image.jpg

134009so55535ak4hvv438.jpg

1340070gjwargif4rjbr1r.jpg
Actual photos thanks to @pbtour4il
11665642_10207272758681303_1876154041267830575_n.jpg
1341102iyfuh44ubp8sbs2.jpg
162154of1zo1bnwtwmsctm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think WEA is one of the biggest draws for Blufans and other Asian retailers. As nice as Film Arena's slips and extras are, a lot of the Steelbooks are average at best.
It is, but if FA ever starts releasing similar titles with WEA, then BF will most likely to lose half of its customers.
I'm assuming most collectors keep their steels inside the slips. Especially for sealed collectors. Those who like to display their steels instead, have the option of picking up the 1/4 slips. And FA chooses WEA for their slips, so its attracting more collectors with every release.
I hope BF does a kickass slip for Godzilla still :thumbs:

I think WEA is one of the biggest draws for Blufans and other Asian retailers. As nice as Film Arena's slips and extras are, a lot of the Steelbooks are average at best.

I would say that a lot of Blufans steels lately are average at best. Some of them are downright dreadful. Just because it is WEA means little with comparing BF to FA. Here is your quote from the Chappie FA thread. We all know that Chappie FA will be in much more demand than any of the recent BF steels.

No title on the front spoils it for me. :(

I would say that a lot of Blufans steels lately are average at best. Some of them are downright dreadful. Just because it is WEA means little with comparing BF to FA. Here is your quote from the Chappie FA thread. We all know that Chappie FA will be in much more demand than any of the recent BF steels.

I disagree. The worst Blufans releases of this year (Gravity and Wall-E) are on par with the majority of the Film Arena Collection. There are some gems from Film Arena of course, Whiplash is great for example but the majority are distinctly average and there are a couple of real duds, Commando and Heat being ones that immediately come to mind.

Reactions: nkb32 and RekLess
On what planet would Chappie FA be in more demand than the Marvel releases from BF?

And personally I'd take just about any Blufans slip over an FA slip. FA slips are very plain looking, IMO. And even if you want to say, "well it's cheaper so it doesn't need to look as nice." Well I'd just rather not buy it then. Until FA shows me something really impressive, I don't care how cheap they're selling it for--I'm not buying.

I think this steel looks great. Not a perfect release (how often do we really get perfect looking steels any more?), but it looks pretty damn good. And I'd bet that the slip will push it way over the top.

Reactions: hatredhorror
I strongly disagree with you snooloui. FA has the best steelbook packaages this year and will easily win retailor of the year. Elektra is the best full slip released this year. FA turned a good release into a Extraordinary release.

Commando 1501 is not a dud. It has a beautiful full slip. Blows the zavvi version out of the water.

Edit: to the other person above. Are we now only going to pretend that BF is a marvel release only company?

I bet Chappie FA is as popular as Elektra FA. Elektra FA is the most wanted steelbook right now.

I strongly disagree with you snooloui. FA has the best steelbook packaages this year and will easily win retailor of the year. Elektra is the best full slip released this year. FA turned a good release into a Extraordinary release.

Commando 1501 is not a dud. It has a beautiful full slip. Blows the zavvi version out of the water.

Edit: to the other person above. Are we now only going to pretend that BF is a marvel release only company?

I guess you missed the part where I said I was talking about actual Steelbooks. :facepalm:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drumass
Of course you want to go that rout because you know that FA blows most other slips out of the water. I am talking the entire package. Most collectors want the full slip. FA also goes one step further and adds in a lenticular with every steelbook.

Lets just agree to disagree.

Sorry snoo. Just by reading the individual threads you can see the response in each release. As far as steels go these recent steels are average at best from Blufans and cost 2 times as much.

Thor Dark World
Captain America
Captain America Winter Solidier
Transformers Age of Extinction
Wall-E

yet to be released look like crap
Godzilla
Gravity

Reactions: nafosb
FA releases are the "new flavor of the month"(year). Wheareas Blufans, the pioneer of the full package steelbook release are old news and washed up in the minds of collectors it appears, eventhough they still put out a great product. Thats how I see it anyways. The selling point of FA are the cost effectiveness and resell-ability imo. While they give a quality product, It no better or worse than a Novachoice or Kimchi selection as far as quality goes. Blufans gives great WEA steelbook that is strictly theirs and is most likely going to contain a great finish, whether matte, gloss or combination and embossed/debossed. Whenever there is a must have new release movie that I waithing for and the WWA steel is bad I hope for Blufans to pick it up as it will 95% be WEA. People are just overcritical of blufans atm for some reason. This Godzilla steel is faaaaar from looking like crap lol.