Godzilla - In theaters May 16, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Godzilla (2014)

Tagline: A king's arrival is never silent.

Genre: [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Gareth Edwards[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Aaron Taylor-Johnson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ken Watanabe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Elizabeth Olsen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bryan Cranston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Juliette Binoche[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sally Hawkins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Strathairn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]CJ Adams[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carson Bolde[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Richard T. Jones[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Victor Rasuk[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Patrick Sabongui[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jared Keeso[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Luc Roderique[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Pizzinato[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Al Sapienza[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brian Markinson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Yuki Morita[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chris Shields[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Catherine Lough Haggquist[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Eric Keenleyside[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ken Yamamura[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hiro Kanagawa[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James D. Dever[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ty Olsson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kurt Max Runte[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jill Teed[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Konechny[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2014-05-16[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]123[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Fifteen years after an 'incident' at a Japanese nuclear power plant, physicist Joe Brody joins forces with his soldier son Ford to discover for themselves what really happened. What they uncover is prelude to global-threatening devastation. An epic rebirth to Toho's iconic Godzilla, this spectacular adventure pits the world's most famous monster against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
szVwkB4H5yyOJBVuQ432b9boO0N.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
A giant radioactive monster called Godzilla awakens from its slumber to wreak destruction on its creators.

Director: Gareth Edwards
Writers: Max Borenstein (screenplay), Dave Callaham (screenplay), Frank Darabont (screenplay),
David S. Goyer (story)
Stars: Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Bryan Cranston, Ken Watanabe, Juliette Binoche, David Strathairn

Trailer:
[media=youtube]ECUbuBrbP1g[/media]#t=143

Attachments

• 532376_334848766598204_975994013_n.jpg
    532376_334848766598204_975994013_n.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 435
Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta say, it's getting the job done of getting me curious about this! Let's wait and see trailer #2!!!

It looks good but I'm a little hesitant about it. It doesn't really make it clear as to what the story line will be. I know it's a teaser trailer but I need to see more. Godzilla looks pretty cool though.

I love the direction this new Godzilla film seems to be taking. It has a more apocalyptic and lowkey terror feel to it. Also the cinematography looks great!

I know it will probably go crazy towards the end, but as long as it leaves me impressed by something more than just good CGI I consider this a breakthrough in modern blockbusters.

It looks good but I'm a little hesitant about it. It doesn't really make it clear as to what the story line will be. I know it's a teaser trailer but I need to see more. Godzilla looks pretty cool though.

All I know about the story is that there's more giant monsters than just Godzilla in it.:D

While I love the trailer I will say there is one bit that bothers me. At the beginning you see the HALO jumpers on the plane watching the ramp go down. Then it cuts to a different shot. Then it goes back inside the plane and you follow them jumping out but now the plane and ramp are thinner.
Like a Hercules when the other plane is a Globemaster or something.

Hopefully it's not like this in the movie and it's just like tons of different planes and it's just a mistake on the cutting of the trailer.

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

I am disappointed with the trailer, there were tons of people running and is desperation, but not enough lizard....

TEASER trailer!

Only ET Canada joins Bryan Cranston in Vancouver for an exclusive inside look at his upcoming blockbuster behemoth "Godzilla"! EEK! :LOL: :oohyeah: :scat:

Take a look behind the scenes of director Gareth Edwards' upcoming Godzilla reboot with a new video from ET Canada in which the cast talks from the set. Check it out in the player below, courtesy of Yahoo! Shine.

An epic rebirth to Toho's iconic Kaiju, this spectacular adventure pits the world's most famous monster against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence.

The May 16, 2014 release also Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Ken Watanabe, Juliette Binoche, Sally Hawkins and David Strathairn.

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/video/bryan-cranston-39-monster-look-000329757.html

:movie:

Last edited:
Director Gareth Edwards Announces Comic Book Prequel, "Godzilla: Awakening"!!! :LOL:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=113868

Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures have today revealed plans for a special comic book prequel to their upcoming Godzilla. Director Gareth Edwards himself made the announcement, which you can check out in the player below.

Titled Godzilla: Awakening, the comic book is co-written by Greg Borenstein and Max Borenstein (the screenwriter of the forthcoming movie). Set decades before the film, the book is timed to hit shelves on May 7, just before the feature film's release on May 16.

Godzilla stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Ken Watanabe, Elizabeth Olsen, Juliette Binoche, Sally Hawkins, David Strathairn and Bryan Cranston.

An epic rebirth to Toho's iconic King of the Monsters, Edwards' Godzilla pits the world's most famous Kaiju against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence.

More Godzilla, the better! :scat: :oohyeah: :movie:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PunkNinja
Insight Editions Announces Godzilla: The Art of Destruction for May!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=114753

Insight Editions, Legendary Pictures, Toho Co., Ltd., and Warner Bros. Consumer Products have announced a new behind-the-scenes book for their upcoming reboot of Godzilla titled Godzilla: The Art of Destruction. Set to be released this May in conjunction with the new film, you can read the press release below to get all the details:

Godzilla, one of the most recognizable characters in history who has become an icon of Japanese cinema since his debut in 1954, will once again take center stage in the new film by acclaimed filmmaker Gareth Edwards (Monsters). Edwards directs from a screenplay by Max Borenstein and story by David Callaham and Max Borenstein, based on the character “Godzilla,” owned and created by TOHO CO., LTD. Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni are producing with Mary Parent and Brian Rogers. Patricia Whitcher and Alex Garcia are serving as executive producers, alongside Yoshimitsu Banno and Kenji Okuhira.

Leading up to the release of the film starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Kick-Ass), Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Elizabeth Olsen (Silent House), David Strathairn (Lincoln), Ken Watanabe (Inception), Sally Hawkins (Blue Jasmine) and Juliette Binoche (The English Patient), Insight Editions will partner with the three major film companies to bring readers Godzilla: The Art of Destruction by Mark Cotta Vaz. The book is a visually stunning volume that delves into the making of the new Godzilla film, showcases its incredible production art, and includes interviews with its director, key crew members, and cast. Insight Editions, known for their innovative, cutting-edge books Man of Steel: Inside the Legendary World of Superman and Pacific Rim: Man, Machines & Monsters, will once again bring their expertise to this definitive book on one of the most anticipated films of 2014.

:movie: