Going to Brazil.

Asopp

Premium Supporter
Apr 13, 2013
Finland
Hello there fellow ninjas, specially ones that live in Brazil :thumbs:

I need some info and help, i am going to Brazil in a few months, more exact Brasilia :)

So if you know some fun things to do there, places to avoid, where the comic shops are and where to go to hunt blu rays :thumbs: and if anybody wants to do a meet up, i am up for that, crap a beer or something :thumbs:

All info is welcome :thumbs:

Thank you in advanced :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Hello there fellow ninjas, specially ones that live in Brazil :thumbs:

I need some info and help, i am going to Brazil in a few months, more exact Brasilia :)

So if you know some fun things to do there, places to avoid, where the comic shops are and where to go to hunt blu rays :thumbs: and if anybody wants to do a meet up, i am up for that, crap a beer or something :thumbs:

All info is welcome :thumbs:

Thank you in advanced :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
BRAZIL!? :OMG: That's incredible! :woot: @Asopp Hope you have an awesome time there my Ninja Bro! :cool: Be safe :thumbs:

And the one Ninja that can help with some great advice would be @cprodrigues :notworthy:

Go to the beach. :)
:naughty:
giphy.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: Asopp and Wreck
BRAZIL!? :OMG: That's incredible! :woot: @Asopp Hope you have an awesome time there my Ninja Bro! :cool: Be safe :thumbs:

And the one Ninja that can help with some great advice would be @cprodrigues :notworthy:

@Asopp... Yes, as Frank said, I'm brazilian and I can give you some advices if you want, :thumbs:

Brasilia is a little far (approximately 1000 Km) from where I live (Sao Paulo, the biggest city here with more than 12 million inhabitants) and I think that the most interesting there is the architecture, Brasilia is a planned city (the city has the shape of an airplane from the sky) and you will probably have some interesting places to visit there, places like the Metropolitan Cathedral:

Brazil.Brasilia.01.jpg

If you have availability to travel through Brazil on this trip, these are some places that I reckon you should consider:

Rio
I think that one weekend should be enough to do the most interesting sightseeing there. If you have time to do only one thing in Rio, I think that you should go to the Christ the Redeemer statue and see one of the most spectacular views on Earth:

view-from-christ-the-redeemer.jpg

Of course you need to be aware that it's not the safest place on Earth, but if you avoid the most dangerous neighborhoods and keep your money hidden in your pockets, you will be ok. ;)

Foz do Iguaçu
Home of the Iguaçu Falls (one of the New Natural Seven Wonders of the World) and the Itaipu dam. It near the borders with Argentina and Paraguai, so you can visit two other countries if you go there.

1024px-Sunset_over_Iguazu2.jpg

Manaus
The capital city of the state of Amazonas, a city in the middle of Rain Forest. Probably the best place if you want visit the Amazon forest and/or go to the opera. :p

800px-Manaus%2C_AM%2C_Brasil.jpg

Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park
I never being there, but it looks like a beautiful place to go and it is not far from Brasilia (230 km).

saltos-marcio_orig.jpg

Of course there are other interesting places like Pantanal. Fernando de Noronha, Paraty, etc... But you will probably need a couple of years to visit all of them. :D

So if you know some fun things to do there, places to avoid, where the comic shops are and where to go to hunt blu rays

Well, I don't know Brasilia very well (last time I went there was 10 years ago), but to hunt Blu rays, I think you can try Saraiva, they have a megastore in the Pátio Brasil Shopping.

For comics, I don't know the place, but I heard there is a place called Kingdom Comics that is considered good.

Interesting, I'm seeing now that there are two Cultura mega bookstores in Brasilia (the one at the Shopping Iguatemi will be probably better located for you), it is a place where you can try look for both things: blu rays and comics.

The local people there probably will indicate more places to go.