Going to New York...what to do?

Hooch

Clan of OES
Premium Supporter
Dec 5, 2010
Sweden
Well....I like to plan ahead and I am looking to visit NY around March or April next year, together with my wife. I have never been to the US before (!) and I have decided to start with "the big apple".

We will be staying around 1 week, not exactly sure what area but Manhattan looks promising. It will be basicallly some shooping and sightseeing and we enjoy eating at nice places (doesnt have to be expensive as fudge!) burgers and fries will do just fine. I dont want to run around like a squirrel on meth, nice and easy with the sightseeing and try to avoid the tourist traps.

I dont know...maybe catch a show? I would love some sports...but thats gonna be hard with the missus!

There is soo much info on the net, but I would like to hear from you ninjas some ideas on what to do.

@raspor Aquavit looks just fine, but I dont think I will do nordic cousine while in the US. I am acctually looking into the best hamburger place in NY! :)
Movie locations....hmm, maybe depending if I can trick the wife to follow. Lets just say she doesnt share my enthusiasm in movies...

@bigwednesday0 Yeah, heard about that Brooklyn Bridge...that and Central Park is a must! Thanks for the info about Top of the Rock, thats going on the list and maybe with a combined ticket to Rockefeller Center

Reactions: bigwednesday0
Well....I like to plan ahead and I am looking to visit NY around March or April next year, together with my wife. I have never been to the US before (!) and I have decided to start with "the big apple".

We will be staying around 1 week, not exactly sure what area but Manhattan looks promising. It will be basicallly some shooping and sightseeing and we enjoy eating at nice places (doesnt have to be expensive as fudge!) burgers and fries will do just fine. I dont want to run around like a squirrel on meth, nice and easy with the sightseeing and try to avoid the tourist traps.

I dont know...maybe catch a show? I would love some sports...but thats gonna be hard with the missus!

There is soo much info on the net, but I would like to hear from you ninjas some ideas on what to do.
@Hooch That's awesome! :woot: Hope you enjoy your visit! :thumbs: @mllNY lives in New York, he's definitely the best person to get helpful tips from ;) Also... if you bring your beautiful daughter @Tonks, stop by Arizona :naughty: I'll treat you ALL to some Carne Asada Tacos and Mexican Beers! :hungry: :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Tonks and Hooch
I can look after her :whistle:

sorry, just had to
@raspor Those are fighting words! :mad: :box:
giphy.gif

:D

@Hooch How long will you be in New York? Most popular places (I found online) are Central Park, Coney Island, the Brooklyn Bridge, and the Statue of Liberty. I have no idea where great places to eat are, but I hope you take plenty of pics :photo: :thumbs:

@bloodsnake007 Around 1 week...gonna look into Coney Island but I have been warned about Statue of Liberty. I was browsing and saw a bunch of food trips like "walk and eat" through some nice places lile lower east side, Greenwich Village, Chinatown etc that sounds promising. I am also looking inro a helicopter tour around USD 200 for 15 minutes...but "For the memory of a lifetime" like they say in Total Recall.

Went there few years back, stayed for a week and barely scratched the surface of the big apple :) Amazing city :cool:

Few things that i did: Top of the rock, NBC tour, Central park, City bus tour (hop on, hop off) brooklyn bridge (day time and night time) time square........ There is sooooooo much to do and see, you will have your hands full the whole week ;):)

Have a great trip my friend :thumbs: and take lot of pics :thumbs::)

• Thanks
Reactions: Hooch
The Met and Lincoln Center. (You catch jazz or Classical or Opera).
Definitely catch a Broadway show.
Check out Fifth Avenue shops, and visit Greenwich Village.
If you hit Times Square avoid people dressed as cartoon heroes and Disney Characters!
Food: Rainbow Room at 30 Rock for Dining. Russian Tea Room on W. 57.
If you want a movie location thing:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/mackenziek...llens-new-york?utm_term=.owzVLnqay#.vddvEz6MD

• Thanks
Reactions: Hooch
If anyone could suggest where to shop for movies or home theater stuff not to far off, let me know.