Gone Girl (2014)

Would you buy 'Gone Girl' in steelbook form?

• Total voters

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Would you buy Fincher's Gone Girl in Steelbook form?

#24 Gone Girl (SC).png

Attachments

• gonegirl.jpg
    gonegirl.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,328
Gone Girl is one of the best movies Iv seen all year and one of Finchers best. Hope a steelbook is released. If it looks like the artwork in the op I would buy two, that looks amazing!

Reactions: Noodles
You beat me to it! :)
Yes, this must get the steelbook treatment. Just saw it last night. It is DEFINITELY in my top 3 of the year. Fincher never disappoints.

Boyhood and The Imitation Game (saw it at TIFF). Is gone girl in your top 3?
Unfortunately I have not seen this yet, but definitely plan to next weekend.
As for this year, I have not seen too many great films. If I have to name the best films I would say David Michod's The Rover and Luc Besson's Lucy. Some of the worst I have seen are Let's be Cops and Mrs Browns Boys (don't judge by them, I needed to see a comedy and they were on Orange Wednesday).
David Fincher is in my top 5 directors list. In no particular order; Quentin Tarantino, Luc Besson, Park Chan-Wook and Werner Herzog.
Fincher always makes great films, I guess we will just forget Alien 3 as we all know what happened with that one...

Reactions: steellogic
HMV has got a lot of fox exclusives recently. If gone girl does get a steelbook I wounder if it will be a HMV exclusive. Hope it is Glossy and has some great artwork if it's made.

It should get a steel. Most of Fincher's films are available as steelbooks. Him and Tarantino are my top 2 directors. I watched it Thursday with the missus. Totally amazing film as usual from Fincher. Loved it. I've read the book too and it is a very good adaption. Top notch acting from all, but a stand out performance by Rosamund Pike. I hope she gets the Oscar nomination. Topped off with another awesome score by my main man Trent (and Atticus). Day 1 purchase for me.

Reactions: T800kaz
I really hope Plain Archive/Kimchi/Nova/Blufans will pick this up, would really love to see any Fincher movie getting premium steelbook treatment:hungry::yawn:

Yeah I can't believe Whiplash and Nightcrawler (2 of my favorite movies of 2014) are getting steels before this. This has to show up at Nova or FA at some point.