Completed Gotham (Season 5) [FOX]

Jan 25, 2012
Piraeus, Greece
12032231_1134545663242089_520079569843837015_n.png

Gotham City is coming to the small screen! Deadline is reporting that Fox has made a series commitment to "Gotham," a new live-action show that will follow the adventures of a young Detective James Gordon. The series hails from "The Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller.

First appearing in "Detective Comics" #27 (the 1939 comic that also debuted Batman), Commissioner James Gordon is the creation of Bill Finger and Bob Kane. He was previously played on the 1960's "Batman" television show by Neil Hamilton. Gary Oldman most recently portrayed the character in Christopher Nolan's big screen trilogy.

While Gordon's adventures may make use of familiar Batman villains, the Dark Knight himself is not planned to be a part of the series.

Attachments

• Gotham.jpg
    Gotham.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 240
Last edited by a moderator:
Gotham-TV-Show-Fox-Logo.jpg

From IMDb:
The origin story behind Commissioner James Gordon's rise to prominence in Gotham City in the years before Batman's arrival.

Starring: Ben McKenzie, Donal Logue, David Mazouz, Sara Paxton, Jada Pinkett Smith, Camren Bicondova

Last edited by a moderator:
if they make it into a complete season and cancel then I would be happy...and i would definitely buy this too! I wonder how the characters will end up...no spoilers please! ;-)

Really liked the pilot too! I'll keep watching for sure.
But I'm already longing for Batman haha. its going to be hard to be patient with this show knowing that he'll probably never show up (unless they jump ahead in time, or the show has like 10+ seasons).

Director Duncan Jones posted a interesting tweet about the show last night:

Duncan Jones @ManMadeMoon ·
Watched Gotham premier. Don't envy the writers. Supposed to create a season of tension when we know the end game for every main character.

Very good point IMO. Because of it being a prequel series, there is really a lack of suspense.
I still enjoy what I watched but it will be interesting to see where they go with the series to keep it interesting.

No surprise, but Gotham is great.I was watching and realizing that Ben McKenzie is pretty much just playing his character from Southland. And since this isn't going to involve batman, I'm gonna make this my alternate timeline Southland from here on out,lol.Nah, but seriously, the show had an amazing first showing and has me waiting to see what happens on episode 2.

Last edited: