Completed Gotham (Season 5) [FOX]

Jan 25, 2012
Piraeus, Greece
12032231_1134545663242089_520079569843837015_n.png

Gotham City is coming to the small screen! Deadline is reporting that Fox has made a series commitment to "Gotham," a new live-action show that will follow the adventures of a young Detective James Gordon. The series hails from "The Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller.

First appearing in "Detective Comics" #27 (the 1939 comic that also debuted Batman), Commissioner James Gordon is the creation of Bill Finger and Bob Kane. He was previously played on the 1960's "Batman" television show by Neil Hamilton. Gary Oldman most recently portrayed the character in Christopher Nolan's big screen trilogy.

While Gordon's adventures may make use of familiar Batman villains, the Dark Knight himself is not planned to be a part of the series.

Attachments

• Gotham.jpg
    Gotham.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 242
Last edited by a moderator:
I am liking this so far. That said, not a big fan of Selina Kyle so far or Alfred (a bit too British) and does Barbara own any cloths or just Jim's shirts.

That said Penguin is very entertaining and I am waiting on E. Nygma to get a bit more spotlight and maybe a bit more poison ivy. I wonder when they will introduce Dr. Freeze and maybe a scarecrow

I wonder if they will have Gordon gain a few ranks over the seasons until he becomes comish, maybe lose his badge for a few episodes, which you know is inevitable

I am liking this so far. That said, not a big fan of Selina Kyle so far or Alfred (a bit too British) and does Barbara own any cloths or just Jim's shirts.

That said Penguin is very entertaining and I am waiting on E. Nygma to get a bit more spotlight and maybe a bit more poison ivy. I wonder when they will introduce Dr. Freeze and maybe a scarecrow

I wonder if they will have Gordon gain a few ranks over the seasons until he becomes comish, maybe lose his badge for a few episodes, which you know is inevitable
I agree on the Selina kyle assessment.I think they introduced the character to early and she is too young.Selina is suppose to be sexual and use her sexiness to get out of tight places.All this Selina kyle has done is told a cop she would yell **** if she didn't get her way.She should have been introduced a season 0r two down the road when she was older and wiser.

As far as the Oswald goes, he's the most interesting character on the show.The guy playing him brings the character to life and gives off a really creepy vibe.The riddler has had a few scenes on screen, but he never get's to say anything.He get's cut off on everything he says and then get's sent away.Poison ivy on the other hand was just glanced over. I wouldn't expect much from her for a good minute.

No matter who plays Alfred they will never be better than Michael Caine.He has made that role hard to follow up.also this is suppose to be a younger version of him.

Lastly, if she doesn't want to wear clothes, who are we to complain?

Didn't get a chance to watch this earlier on the box. Will need to make sure I watch it on Demand5 at some stage this week.

Just gets better and better with each new episode, imo. Robin Lord Taylor as the penguin, is my personal favorite. He just steals the show, though nobody else is doing a bad job by any means. I even actually like what Jada is doing.

good shows make you want more and the week between episodes cant come soon enough and the months between the blu ray release and the new season is pretty much unbearable... i've personally lost all interest in this show already and it seems to be lacking in emotions, no real connect to any of the characters. Not bashing anyone who enjoys this show but to me, there just seems like there is a certain charm that is missing and kinda of just makes this show ordinary instead of special

im like 3 episodes behind, so maybe judgement should be reserved for when the season is over... maybe it does get better :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: rover
good shows make you want more and the week between episodes cant come soon enough and the months between the blu ray release and the new season is pretty much unbearable...
I completely agree with your criticisms but a good genre show is rarely fully established in Season 1.
The weakest part of the show at the moment (I'm 4 episodes in) is the writing and directing. I hate the Barbara scenes .. not because of the acting but because the writing and characterisation is so poor. But then the scenes between Gordon and Harvey, and Gordon and Penguin are pretty good.
I'd prefer the show to go the way of Fringe, which started off appallingly and progressively got better to become something pretty amazing .. rather than something like Smallville, which started well but got worse with every season. The potential is there .. come back after Season 1 :thumbs:

Rover

Gonna wait to blu hits to watch the whole run. I did see the first 3 episodes not bad, future catwomen was annoying.

See i don't understand what everybody's problem with her is in the show. Villains tend to overact, which is why i think she's perfect in the part.