Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: May 25th, 2015 - Live Sat April 4th, 2015 at 12pm GMT
Price: £14.99
Purchase link: Gran Torino

gran.jpg

Last edited:
Great film, but yeah... not paying the usual £15+ for an exact copy of an old steelbook, so here's hoping it's £10 or less (April Fools is over, I know).

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
This is the same as the one listed at Amazon.fr for 14-99 euros.

Thye're also releasing Unforgiven and Mystic River (oddly Zavvi don't list Mystic) - 25th June release in France. So I guess that's where the other 2,000 copies have gone :)
There's also a digital copy with the French ones.

• Informative
Reactions: whited001
Yawn

No offence but these so-called new Eastwood steels are more than rubbish.

Do not get me wrong, this is a pretty good movie but when you look at the movies that he has done - This is one of the two that we get?

Unforgiven = Great Film (art is old ****)
Grand Torino = Ok Film (same art as US + actual inside art)

I'm not even going to bother listing the movies that they could have done, it's just really....you know what I can't be bothered its just boring that's all.

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
I would really like to get this, but the price is too high for such bland artwork. Will wait for a price drop I think. They should of gone with the original UK artwork I think
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428146087.237849.jpg

Reactions: lolwut and luke98
love this film but really not shore on the blue banner on the front a bit of a put off hope that is not on the release copy :giggle:
The Blu banner is the Jcard
Its not on the steelbook itself

Its just the standard Warner Jcard all the other UK warner steelbooks are the same they have the Blu Banner on the Jcard

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: yardman and pioneer
Jeez.. nothing cease's to amaze me with Zavvi anymore..

But lets face it.. YOU and I - we the consumers- are mostly responsible for these multiple waves of second rater Steelbooks that Zavvi knock out.

Supply and Demand.

Jeez.. nothing cease's to amaze me with Zavvi anymore..

But lets face it.. YOU and I - we the consumers- are mostly responsible for these multiple waves of second rates Steelbooks that Zavvi knock out.

Supply and Demand.
Artwork noting to do with Zavvi
Its a Warner Release in UK/France and other countries
This steelbook is been released in other countries
Same Artwork France/Germany

Its a shared release that's why its limited to 2,000 in the UK
Zavvi just have the retail exclusive for the UK
Its from Amazon and other retailers in the other countries

Its from Amazon and other retailers in the other countries

It wouldn't hurt them to say "no" every now and again though.

Reactions: psychoscot

Its from Amazon in the other countries

Been in the game for a while and i do realise what your saying buddy.
My point is.. Zavvi are happy to distribute 'any old iron'. That makes them as much part of the problem than the solution.

Reactions: psychoscot
Decided I'm going to wait for the inevitable price drop on this one

Most Zavvi steelbooks I pre-order get reduced shortly after release and I'm not too fussed as I buy the films I enjoy in editions I love

Although I very much enjoy this movie I can wait for it, will bite at £10 or less

Been in the game for a while and i do realise what your saying buddy.
My point is.. Zavvi are happy to distribute 'any old iron'. That makes them as much part of the problem than the solution.
Its a Warner release

All steelbook releases don't come with you must purchase this :LOL:

All steelbook releases worldwide you decide if you want to make a purchase or not some will want and some wont its that's simple

Most will wait for a price drop and some will pre order it depends on how quickly a person wants it or not

Others will decide not to purchase

I rather see a steelbook release happen than not happen

Last edited:
Yeah, can't really blame Zavvi just for selling this. If they didn't carry it, some other retailer would and people would just be giving out about them instead!

I can understand why the 'home of steelbooks' has exclusivity.

What I don't agree with is their pricing for back catalogue titles. Preorder prices are just too much at zavvi. They should at least be inline with Amazon France and Germany.

That's where I've been taking my business to instead lately.

reason pre-order prices are high people just keep biting on anything and as long as that happens zavvi just going to make them high to start with and drop them if they have too its basic unfourantely and secures them a bigger profit by doing it that way.

but i think the point sgmido was trying to make was everyone keeps jumping on everything regardless of quality and that is not helping improve the product or the price starting point and as along as this behaviour continues nothing will change regards towards zavvi and the studio releasing from reading between the lines.
and people should vote with there feet a bit more.

basil :thumbs:

5 years too late and £5 over priced.

you can get this steel right now. go to amazon france or germany. take your pick, why wait until the end of may for zavvi to release it, its been readily available since 2010

Reactions: lolwut