Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: May 25th, 2015 - Live Sat April 4th, 2015 at 12pm GMT
Price: £14.99
Purchase link: Gran Torino

gran.jpg

Last edited:
you can get this steel right now. go to amazon france or germany. take your pick, why wait until the end of may for zavvi to release it, its been readily available since 2010

I don't think you can unless banners, printed rating logos, printed backs or a lack of inside artwork are your thing. If you prefer clean Steelbooks with inside artwork, then the only option is the Japanese edition which is long out of print.

I don't think you can unless banners, printed rating logos, printed backs or a lack of inside artwork are your thing. If you prefer clean Steelbooks with inside artwork, then the only option is the Japanese edition which is long out of print.

the french one has a banner, the german one doesnt.. according to google images searches

The Zavvi Warner Steelbook

The Blu banner is just the Jcard
The Rating Logos are removable stickers
The Front and Inside artwork is the same as Japanese edition

We not seen the Back Artwork yet for the Warner UK release but if its the same
The Back Artwork on Japanese edition has text with the credits of the film

Recent Warner UK Steelbooks some have had a gloss or gloss like varnish finish

Last edited:
Japanese version.jpg
71UMRbxEV1L._SL1500_.jpg

The new French one (which is now on pre-order) is as Paul has stated - one suspects it will have a clean back, and that this is the new generic design.

This belief is reinforced by the fact that Unforgiven is also being released in France and Uk with the same artwork; expect Mystic River soon on Zavvi - it is a pre-order in France right now.

With the French ones you get a digital copy as well btw.

I've got the French one on pre-order, along with the other two.

First picture is the Japanese one, second is the NEW French (and Uk ) one. There is a subtle difference if you look closely.

Last edited:

I know which is why I listed some of the issues with the other editions available except for the Japanese edition.

Lazy design steelbook for a better than ok film but let's have the "Dollars" trilogy on 3 separate steelbooks or "Dirty Harry" as examples of his early work too.

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Why didn't they just have the outline of his face as the border with the title embossed within it. Looks a bit strange with that rectangular border around his face.

Looks good but like others I will get this when the price drops

I did have originally this on order but cancelled a few weeks ago

Its a fantastic film

Love the film, but don't like the price. Although I agree that embossing is it bit weird, I think it looks ok. It's different at least! Will bite when it drops in price