Purchase from the Hi-Def Ninja store: Full slip - Lenticular
Price: $63 (Full Slip) - $65 (Lenti)
Notes: 1000 of each

121548zn88bzwvuuknjyuw.jpg

image.jpg
121546rdwbfzzfs9kzw46m.gif
1-jpg.108465

Last edited by a moderator:
After all of the waiting I don't think it's an absolute fail, or complete waste, but it's just OKAY. Compared to the WWA versions already out there, this features more detailed art. If this is the only exclusive art we get for Gravity as a steelbook, that's fine IMO.

Won't be parting with my cash for this release. Not too happy with that artwork at all. In comparison to the neo-pack which is absolutely spot on. This is definitely poor.

Blufans posted more information about this steelbook in their forum.

It was mentioned that Blufans actually consulted SCANAVO on the finishing of the steelbook, and Blufans been told that matte finish would be more suitable for the artwork.

But in order to be more cautious, Blufans in fact made two versions of sample steelbook, matte and glossy. And after comparison, Blufans decided to use matte finish as it more fit the theme. Blufans also said that the comparison photos of two samples might be posted in the future.

It was mentioned that Blufans actually consulted SCANAVO on the finishing of the steelbook, and Blufans been told that matte finish would be more suitable for the artwork.

But in order to be more cautious, Blufans in fact made two versions of sample steelbook, matte and glossy. And after comparison, Blufans decided to use matte finish as it more fit the theme. Blufans also said that the comparison photos of two samples might be posted in the future.
They should cancel it :yuck: what "theme" ? Vomit ? :vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::smashed::smashed::smashed:

I think this will turn out to look better in-hand than in pictures. Plus Blufans aren't exactly known for their photography skills. The first pic of the Guardians steel was a disaster.

I think this will turn out to look better in-hand than in pictures. Plus Blufans aren't exactly known for their photography skills. The first pic of the Guardians steel was a disaster.
II think your your optisimism is misplaced. There was nothing wrong with the basic design of the GOTG steelbook. Here the artwork is just plain shite.

Thanks for the info.

I don't know but I am highly skeptical about this statement from BF. Looks like they are trying to do damage control and justifying the use of not so appropriate finish on this steelbook.