Purchase from the Hi-Def Ninja store: Full slip - Lenticular
Price: $63 (Full Slip) - $65 (Lenti)
Notes: 1000 of each

121548zn88bzwvuuknjyuw.jpg

image.jpg
121546rdwbfzzfs9kzw46m.gif
1-jpg.108465

Last edited by a moderator:
They make more WEA steelbooks than anyone else and its not close. That is what your paying for all the work behind a WEA steelbook for very expensive movies and Studios, and with Marvel billion dollar franchises. I like FA as well but all they are doing is taking the same SB which they get 1000 at a time create a Full Slip and fill it up with a bunch of extras which Blufans do as well. Just because Gravity doesn't look like a winner, we won't be sure until we see everything in hand. They have been on a roll with CA and Thor 1 and 2, GOTG, and if the BH6 shots are close to what the pictures look like they will probably be quite a bit better than Nova's WWA SB.

That's right, when it comes to WEA, Blufans is FAR ahead. We're not talking about crappy WEA, but well done ones. I'm not interested in this title and the design doesn't blow me away, but what Blufans did with IM, Thor (1&2), CA, and GoTG was awesome.

Reactions: Jaxxx
That's right, when it comes to WEA, Blufans is FAR ahead. We're not talking about crappy WEA, but well done ones. I'm not interested in this title and the design doesn't blow me away, but what Blufans did with IM, Thor (1&2), CA, and GoTG was awesome.
You're absolutely right about IM and GOTG but with CA and Thor all they did was tweak the existing artwork and not always for the better (CA2). Just saying.

You're absolutely right about IM and GOTG but with CA and Thor all they did was tweak the existing artwork and not always for the better (CA2). Just saying.
Of course all they could do was tweak existing artwork in most places, Marvel and Disney are just going to let you draw you own fresh Artwork for the cover? I not really trying to pick on you but similar things have been said to much and I decided I couldn't bite my tongue anymore.

I chose to use PA as an example because there are alot of people on HDN that love PA including myself so I thought I would use them. There are a ton of people on this site that love what PA does and they should but why do you think PA gets such artistic freedom? I'm sure most of you know but I don't think I have ever heard anyone say it. Because the movie studios are going to be 100 times less protective of the properties they license to PA such as Ida, The Master, Foxcatcher, Rust and Bone, Searching for Sugar Man, King of Pigs, Melancholia, ect.
The Studios and distributors are going to give PA a huge amount of room to work with as far as images, colors, shapes, Embossing, Gloss, size, extras, ect. ect. Because they don't really have much financial interest in those titles anymore, I'm not saying they are worth nothing but your going to have a ridiculously easier time designing what you want.

How much more work do you think goes into making the kind of titles Blufans choose to make with there WEA SB's compared to all the other companies doing the same thing except they have an easier time because they don't for the most part try and do the most expensive current titles alot of the time like Blufans? Alot of the WEA SB titles from Blufans have put out this year are Billion Dollar Franchises with gigantic Box Office Numbers world wide, huge DVD/Blu-ray sales, Sequels, licensing opportunities such as Video Games, Apparel, Action Figures, and on and on. So when Blufans comes out with almost the entire Marvel Phase 1 & 2 line, Big Hero 6, Frozen, Wall-E, ect. can you imagine how much work it takes to do an entire WEA Steelbook of each titile with usually 2-4 different Packages per Steelbook.
Anyway I really like most of the other Asian SB Companies but for WEA SB's the king is Blufans and I'm not sure its really a debate. For arthouse/foriegn films it's PA and not even close which isn't a bad thing the company themselves had said time and again they have no interest in making big time box office movies which is smart, they have a niche. Just like Blufans have there own niche. I like and respect PA alot but I think it would be unfair to compare the two companies, I think for what each does they are at the top and they have very little in common so to get into a war of words as to which is better would be pointless IMO. But is you want to compare Blufans to Kimchi, HDzeta, Novameida, ect go for it. Again don't think it would be a fair comparison except maybe Kimchi but do so if you must.

Last edited:
Reactions: blumike