cooey

Premium Supporter
Jan 5, 2012
UK
Release date: January 30, 2017
Purchase link: Groundhog Day
Price: £14.99
HDN Group Buy: hosted by cooey
Note: Overall matte Varnish, Gloss Spot UV on the front and back, 20-40% tints of white for the snowflakes (front and back), metallic tints through brass of clock

Groundhog Day Exclusive Zoom Steelbook Image1.jpg
Groundhog Day Exclusive Zoom Steelbook Outside cover Cover.jpg Groundhog Day Exclusive Zoom Steelbook Inside Cover.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I expect my order to take over 2 weeks to arrive
My last 2 orders they left out Co Meath Ireland on my address label causing a delay in transit

Even though it's listed in my address details on their website

Why do some retailers leave out part of your address details you provided
It only causes delivery delays

I expect mine to come in a jiffy bag:oohyeah:
My last 2 orders was cardboard box similar to what hmv use with Steelbooks and Steelbook was bubble wrapped

Items arrived in perfect condition the only issue was missing part of my address details orders took 3-4 weeks to arrive from UK to Ireland
God knows what country they went to before been redirected to Ireland

They used jiffy bag on first few orders but after feedback changed the packaging

My last 2 orders was cardboard box similar to what hmv use with Steelbooks and Steelbook was bubble wrapped

Items arrived in perfect condition the only issue was missing part of my address details orders took 3-4 weeks to arrive from UK to Ireland
God knows what country they went to before been redirected to Ireland

They used jiffy bag on first few orders but after feedback changed the packaging

My last 2 orders came in jiffy bags:confused:
I hope they use a box this time cos it took 6 emails and over 2 weeks for them to even reply to my emails when my shallows steel was squashed.. then they sent the replacement in a jiffy bag:confused::confused::confused:

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
My last 2 orders came in jiffy bags:confused:
I hope they use a box this time cos it took 6 emails and over 2 weeks for them to even reply to my emails when my shallows steel was squashed.. then they sent the replacement in a jiffy bag:confused::confused::confused:

That's a shame. I contacted Zoom on two occasions and both times they replied in less than 24 hours.

I expect my order to take over 2 weeks to arrive
My last 2 orders they left out Co Meath Ireland on my address label causing a delay in transit

Even though it's listed in my address details on their website

Why do some retailers leave out part of your address details you provided
It only causes delivery delays

I hope it goes smoothly this time, Paul. Fingers crossed!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: chunk
I hate to break the news, but contacted them yesterday with regards to my replacement "Don't Breathe". They have not yet decided about packaging. Some may still come in jiffy bags, depending on what release it is (whatever that means), so new releases, for example, may come in a box and older releases a jiffy. The manager I spoke to would not confirm what releases would/wouldn't. I may end up cancelling other orders with them now as Don't Breathe came with many dents!!

Zoom use UK with free shipping second class mail
European Union its International economy

So it's slow post and luck if arrives fast unless you paid for faster shipping

They also with European Address leave out some parts of the address which can cause extra delay in transit
It will still arrive but it's not fast post like we get with Amazon or Zavvi or Hmv orders

happy days. :) arrived today and it's... fine, actually. for those still contemplating, it probably won't win any awards, and (as advertised) it has no debossing or embossing, but the spot gloss touches are nice, and the spine is (are you listening, other companies?) actually legible at a distance. pics follow for anyone interested.

first off, this came in what is - to me so far from the retailer - the standard jiffy inside a box routine from Zoom. seems odd that some people are getting jiffy only, so i hope you all get at least the belt and braces approach:

cover is crisp and clearly printed. the spot gloss touches have not come out amazingly in these photos, but hopefully you get the idea. they are most noticeable around the edges of the clock. one interesting quirk that you can see in the photos is that the snowflakes are white when they catch the light, and a sort of brown when they don't. not sure i'm bothered, but i would have preferred white and shiny white to be my two options.

i actually prefer the image and treatment on the back of the groundhog:

but they look nice together:

inside it's pretty much standard, but i like the frame they've chosen, as all 3 characters have good expressions. click through here also for the j-card.

overall, not a home run, but a decent score. hope you get your copies soon. :thumbs:
giphy.gif

Got mine this morning. A jiffy bag inside a jiffy bag.. but it survived. As above, nothing groundbreaking but nice enough. And in time for Groundhog Day!

mine arrived, double bagged but a massive scratch from top to bottom, and then to top it off, when I opened it the steelbook front came away from the plastic holding!