The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 9th, 2014
Purchase link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Group Buy: apsmith21
Price: $19.99
Notes: Title on front cover, NO title on spine.

gotg_bbsteel-jpg.112272

Exclusive HDN Pictures! Thanks so much to Future Shop and @zerox39 for the advance look!! :D
gotg00001-jpg.118042

gotg00002-jpg.118043

gotg00003-jpg.118044

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it be funny if the Best Buy version didn't have any embossing/debossing?

That would be such a friggin let down I cant describe it. No tape deboss/emboss and a washed-out finish like the other releases. Oh god, Im actually getting worried.

hey guys, we've asked Future Shop to help with some advance pictures, and if they are able to assist us (as they always come through for HDN), I'm sure we'll see those posted here.

Pictures, as dfoles posted earlier in the thread are of the UK version, not of the Canada / USA one.

@zerox39

Yeah, as much as I appreciated the debossing and titles on BB's Cap 2, the cheapo finish and thinner tin was pretty disappointing, so much so that I decided to grab the BluFans release after the fact.

If the same thing happens here, it's going back and I'll keep the international release and come to terms with the lack of titles. After seeing pics, it's actually kinda growing on me.

Reactions: lgans316
Please don't jinx us. I cancelled my Zavvi preorder because I wanted the titled spine on the Best Buy version. The Embossing on the UK edition is FAWESOME and a necessity for me. Now I'm nervous.
The info at the top of the page says there's not a title on the spine, but the price isn't updated either so maybe it changed...?

Please don't jinx us. I cancelled my Zavvi preorder because I wanted the titled spine on the Best Buy version. The Embossing on the UK edition is FAWESOME and a necessity for me. Now I'm nervous.

I don't think it was ever stated that this release had a title on the spine. It has the title on the front, but the spine looks to be the same buttons as the rest of the world.

This is a huge print run. The low price tells you that. I expect this to come back into stock for Cyber Monday. Just look at Captain America The Winter Soldier. Its back in stock now. Expecting a lot of titles to come back into stock for Black Friday as well.

Reactions: Marina Blue
There is no point in joining some of the NA GBs as most of the titles are on the bay at shockingly low price. I hope the finishing on this is the same as the International release

must be checking out the Zaavi 7.99 & 9.99 blowout ads and emails again... :p

A look at the bay on how these North American Marvel Steels fair against the rest of the world release should suffice instead of taking cheap shots at the UK releases

i haven't been getting 7.99 and 9.99 blowout ads in the last week from the rest of the world... just Zaavi. :p

Reactions: blu-steel
I am seriously sh*tting it, Cap 2 was an utter disaster that I sold on the second it arrived. I hope this is a vast improvement, or it's time to stop buying North American Marvel releases. :( This basically needs to be the same finish and quality as the UK version only with added title.

I am seriously sh*tting it, Cap 2 was an utter disaster that I sold on the second it arrived. I hope this is a vast improvement, or it's time to stop buying North American Marvel releases. :( This basically needs to be the same finish and quality as the UK version only with added title.

@zerox39 posted this is the FS thread, and also posted a picture on Instagram of the GOTG steelbook in a box, You can only see 1 corner but looks to be the Same finish and embossed

My understanding is that our version has spot gloss on the glass overtop the tape

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 171