digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 24th, 2014
Purchase Link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Price: £24.99
Notes: Includes 3D disc, Limited to 5,000 units
*Note: Live again as of 11/28-add both to cart from here. You should then see a 25.99 GBP discount applied in cart.

01.jpg

00.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus, artwork standards has dropped dramatically recently, the breaking bad set, the clearly misprinted amazing spiderman 2, training day, 3D plastered any chance it gets. I've not bought a steelbook in weeks, if this keeps up my interest in steels altogether will just diminish. IT looks like the movie is called Stereo. I'm losing hope in the future of steelbooks man I really am

That's probably the most bashing I have heard in a long while, if not ever :D

Agreed, it looks like someone is joking (I am actually in denial and still think it is a joke :bag:)

Leaving to sleepcover section to check out the slips... I bet there won't be any double/triple/more dippers with release, lmo.

See this is what I don't understand

How can ES be able to do another Steelbook for the UK with these two titles yet for Guardians of the Galaxy it's a big no no.

I always find that despite what the film is like quality wise ES always has some amazing artwork, now people say it's up to the studios with what artwork steelbooks have but ES seems to have a good track record so far, except for that god awful "3D" on the 300 one. Do ES send artwork to get approved by the studios or do they do it for them? Because I can't understand how ES gets better artwork then most of the Zavvi exclusives.

Surely they could of asked if they could do a Guardians of the Galaxy Steelbook, it's a much better film then 300 and Transformers.

Does anyone know how this whole process works?

I think the obvious answer is because they are from different studios. Paramount and Warner are known to do multiple designs for their releases (Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters and World War Z from Paramount and Godzilla and Gravity from Warner being prime examples) whereas Disney prefer to stick with the same artwork Worldwide. Disney are clearly very strict on what they will or won't allow when it comes to artwork and design, that is why Blufans and Kimchi have struggled to get artwork approved and have been forced to use the same artwork as other retailers on new releases. For that reason, I don't think the artwork will change and I don't think there will be a release with alternative artwork.

Reactions: Ataneruo and MK50
Wow, I can't wait until Zavvi posts the cancelled steels for sale! I LOVE the design! It's different! Reminds me of the German copy of Paranormal Activity 3! (The VHS tape cover) I love a little originality, I'm bored with regular "play it safe" poster art. I wasn't even going to buy the Zavvi version since Best Buy is releasing one here in the states but once this comes back in stock I'm gonna be all over this bad boy!

I like the idea of it - it but my problem is it fits to a certain extent BUT it's not the original in the film,
I assume Disney couldn't get or didn't or wouldn't to pay Sony for the rights for the visuals for the Walkman

It does fit the theme of the film if it had be as the film but it doesn't as the artwork is, I really want to see the actual SBs, I'm going to get both versions and see which I prefer ATM

Just do guardians of the galaxy search in Google images...plenty to choose from. It's a great film that deserves a great steel.....i can't believe out of all the artwork out there they'll end up with this crap!

Maybe the back will have some great artwork.....pleeeease!

Reactions: Ataneruo
Wow, I can't wait until Zavvi posts the cancelled steels for sale! I LOVE the design! It's different! Reminds me of the German copy of Paranormal Activity 3! (The VHS tape cover) I love a little originality, I'm bored with regular "play it safe" poster art. I wasn't even going to buy the Zavvi version since Best Buy is releasing one here in the states but once this comes back in stock I'm gonna be all over this bad boy!
I +1 the **** out of your sentiment, sir!!!

It seems to me that the reason it doesn't resemble the Walkman used in the film is because Sony wouldn't clear it or that Disney didn't even try, assuming Sony wouldn't. That being said, I'm sure they used silver because using the "Sony" blue was too risky with copyright infringement, etc. Sony has been using that color blue for their portable music players since the beginning of portable music players (eg- Walkmans) along with most of their other electronics.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412037080.068042.jpg

Had the cover had "Sony" or "Walkman" on it, I would be disappointed in the color choice. But it doesn't. So I'm not... This is obviously a love/hate situation, and I for one LOVE IT and 100% appreciate the originality and creativity it took to come up with this!!! And I'm going to go further and say I hope it IS spot glossed/debossed bare silver steel. I think that will add even MORE of a retro feel to the steelbook which is what it should be at this point!

For those of you that disagree with me and what I've said, keep your fingers crossed that Blufans does what they do best and get some WEA Disney art approved! I'll be right there with you standing in line for that!!! I would LOVE to have a 2nd steel for this movie that has all the vibrant, super glossy glorious-ness that is Blufans Disney Steelbooks!!! To date, I can't think of a Blufans Disney Steelbook that has had WWA, so if they do decide to take this one on, you guys may just get what you want! I'll have my fingers crossed with you!

Horrible, horrible artwork.

I half-way expected the artwork to be from the movie poster, just with no titles on the front or spine.

They couldn't even do THAT..

It just looks like a giant walk man, with nothing to identify what movie is inside.

CANCELLED.