digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 24th, 2014
Purchase Link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Price: £24.99
Notes: Includes 3D disc, Limited to 5,000 units
*Note: Live again as of 11/28-add both to cart from here. You should then see a 25.99 GBP discount applied in cart.

01.jpg

00.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
using an iconic 80,s character as your profile picture, you should appreciate the tape deck look, its really retro like the terminator movie..

Firstly I don't see how the 2 things remotely relate.

Secondly, according to what people have been saying it's not even the same walkman used in the movie, so they didn't even get that right.

Thirdly, I know I like and this ain't it. The previous placeholder art looked amazing, in fact I remember saying at the time that it looked so good that they're bound to **** it up and change it somehow - boy was that an understatement :wow:

These artistic / concept design steelbooks are always a massive risk and for such a big, mainstream movie you'd expect a more traditional looking cover. Unless the ENTIRE movie is based around this walkman then I simply cannot see the logic.

Reactions: Ataneruo and rover
Ouch looks garbage just annoys me there's no continuity with any of zavvis collections they could of kept the characters on the spine going although they did randomly start that idea a few steels too late
Just like the 4 or 5 disney classics which don't match up with the rests numbered slips grrrrrr

Reactions: Ataneruo
Ouch looks garbage just annoys me there's no continuity with any of zavvis collections they could of kept the characters on the spine going although they did randomly start that idea a few steels too late
Just like the 4 or 5 disney classics which don't match up with the rests numbered slips grrrrrr
Artwork is noting to do with Zavvi
It's world wide artwork
It's a Disney/Marvel release
Zavvi don't make any steelbooks
They are a online retail shop selling what's offered to them by film studios with some as exclusives for the UK

This Artwork is decided by Disney and is world wide artwork it's the same Steelbook in other countries
With Zavvi getting the exclusive for the UK

Interesting plot:
- Zavvi waits until a critical number of cancelations is reached
- Artwork is replaced by a totally new fuc**ng kick-ass one: embossed, debossed, glossy
- Price is now £50
- Steelbook sells out in 2 hours

:D

It's completely sold out, which means the artwork has been positively received to a certain extent. I'm not cancelling, I learned my lesson with The winter soldier :ohno: (Well not with him personally of course as I wouldn't be here to type thi.......

Hope thats not the final artwork as its not appealing and its lacking out in all formats please give a better product in our hands,not acceptable as it does not do justice to a great film like this...

Reactions: Ataneruo
Well, I missed it the first time and I have just missed it coming back the 2nd time. Fingers crossed there is another round of cancellations come November. :thumbs: