digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 24th, 2014
Purchase Link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Price: £24.99
Notes: Includes 3D disc, Limited to 5,000 units
*Note: Live again as of 11/28-add both to cart from here. You should then see a 25.99 GBP discount applied in cart.

01.jpg

00.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine arrived yesterday and I'm very happy with it. Love the gloss and debossing on the cassette, makes it look very realistic. Sadly mine came with a free spine slash and a light but long scratch under the sleeve but I'm not letting those detract from what I consider to be one of the best steelbooks on my shelf.
Just my personal opinion but I don't understand why anyone would want a sleeve on this, Asian, HDN or otherwise. The sleeves look lovely but surely you may as well just have an amaray if you're covering it up?

Reactions: Driver
Can't wait for mine to arrive. Should have it tomorrow. I was skint at the time of this going up on Zavvi's website so had to pay £40 on eBay. I don't regret it one bit though :D

You said you were skint when it went up on Zavvi. When you preorder on Zavvi you don't pay until it's despatched. So even though you would've preordered it months ago you wouldn't have paid for it until last week.

Oh I am with you, sorry. Oh damn! I don't use any sites that work that way so just assumed Zavvi would be no different. That is really useful info though and good to know going forward. Thanks :thumbs:

Oh I am with you, sorry. Oh damn! I don't use any sites that work that way so just assumed Zavvi would be no different. That is really useful info though and good to know going forward. Thanks :thumbs:
Lol, no dramas. Play and Amazon work the same way with preorders. A good rule would be to preorder anything you might be slightly interested in, because you can cancel anytime you like up until about a week before release (assuming you've not used a funky multibuy discount code, but even then it's doable).

Reactions: meth head
I think it's even more amazing some collectors get shtick for buying more than one copy of a Steelbook when eBay is plagued with GOTG Zavvi exclusives or eBay exclusives as I call em. With all the fees and RM costs incurred, they're making about £4 extra with half the print run up for auction. :rolleyes:

I only bought one copy, but starting to wish I'd bought another as it's just so unique IMO, it already came back in stock a month or so ago, so I don't hold out for any more cancellations :(

Reactions: Marina Blue
I did buy Maleficent from ebay when it had been OOS for ever on Zavvi website(couple days before the release date) and it went back in stock right after release date as everyone had predicted, but I panicked and bought from ebay and it was expensive. The plus side though is that I was able to make sure seller was going to deliver an OCD copy...and when it came back online I grabbed myself another one this time from zavvi...I double dipped but it was not for resale, but my own personal collection.

@BradG1984 you're saying it will come back in stock and I think you might be right, it seems to be a pattern of doing this by zavvi

Edit: i think it's so funny for so long most everyone was bashing the design of the steel and now everyone seems to be in lala land for it :rofl:

Last edited: