digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 24th, 2014
Purchase Link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Price: £24.99
Notes: Includes 3D disc, Limited to 5,000 units
*Note: Live again as of 11/28-add both to cart from here. You should then see a 25.99 GBP discount applied in cart.

01.jpg

00.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. All the hate for the artwork hasn't deterred the value so it seems. I liked it from day one. :)
There was a lot of vitriol for the design but I think it was best summed up, other Ninjas, as a great concept but not implemented to the degree it should've been. I don't mind it at all, it does look distinctive and I have it displayed along with the rest of my Marvel SteelBooks.

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
PLEASE CHECK YOUR ORDER OF THIS ON YOUR ZAVVI ACCOUNT!!!! I was cancelling some pre-orders, and stumbled upon my order of this as part of the GROOT FIGURE DEAL, as my steelbook as yet to arrive and I am getting those 'SORRY FOR THE DELAY' e-mails, I noticed that Zavvi had cancelled the steelbook part of the transaction (WITHOUT TELLING ME) and were still going to charge me for the dancing groot figure. This may be old news now and if it is then I apologize, however If you are not aware then there you go. A bit naughty that from Zavvi, but seen as this year I have received FOUR steelbooks which were not even factory sealed and were open, nothing they do suprises me.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: 123kid
I pre ordered & received a copy of this from Zavvi upon its release.

Thankfully this copy was OCD Mint/Perfect as I needed it for my sealed collection.

I had to wait 2-3 painful week for the US to release this film. It was tempting to open it just so I could watch it over & over, but I waited.

I picked up the BB steel on release day, as well. I knew immediately that the Best Buy Exclusive was far superior to the UK Steel. The UK steel is dull & plain looking compared to the BB steel, not only because of the front title, but the BB steel feel glossy, and the UK feels like pain metal, the bb steel has a metallic flake in the spine that looks amazing. The UK steel does have superior interior art, but still doesn't come close.

I received my Spare Copy yesterday, that I decided to open and enjoy, and it's pretty lack luster. I can see why it gets hated on. But I needed something to go inside my HDN Slip ;)
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Did anyone keep the groot pre order? I got an update from zavvi today and its listed groot as.....

Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy Dancing Groot Pop! Vinyl Figure - January ZBOX

Confused?

It's stupid if they do include it in the cosmic box. It should of been in the guardians box.

I got the Guardians Zbox. What an utter pile of crap. It was like getting the transformers stationery set for Christmas when I was a kid and into Autobots. A tatty white tee, hat you'd wear on your 1st day at special school, iphone case, lenticular mousemat, usb stick and some other crap tie-in merchandise. It was worth £20 if you were easily pleased or 12 (sorry if anyone here is 12 and offended and/or liked the box - I clearly thought it was a shoebox of shite).

I got the Guardians Zbox. What an utter pile of crap. It was like getting the transformers stationery set for Christmas when I was a kid and into Autobots. A tatty white tee, hat you'd wear on your 1st day at special school, iphone case, lenticular mousemat, usb stick and some other crap tie-in merchandise. It was worth £20 if you were easily pleased or 12 (sorry if anyone here is 12 and offended and/or liked the box - I clearly thought it was a shoebox of shite).
rotflmbo!!! I'm pretty sure you weren't trying to be funny, but wow, your post had me floored. Dude, you're pretty good with descriptive comedy.

rotflmbo!!! I'm pretty sure you weren't trying to be funny, but wow, your post had me floored. Dude, you're pretty good with descriptive comedy.

I aim to please . Seriously though, I wouldn't touch another Zbox ever. Seems like a great way to clear out the junk they can't sell.

you're wrong: the movie was shot in 2D (3D is converted) and with standard cameras (IMAX scenes have been added with DMR post-production) ;)