tnguyen13

Premium Supporter
Jan 26, 2014
NC, USA
Release date: July 2015.
World exclusive art (WEA) steelbook, embossed and gloss.
Print Run: 4000

There are 3 editions:
Ultimate Edition:
- 3D Disc, 2D Disc & Soundtrack
- Double-Sided lenticular slipcase
- Booklet

Lenticular Groot & Rocket:
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc
- One-sided lenticular slipcase
- Art Cards
** The Full Slip version was cancelled. The one-side lenticular slip replace it. **

1/4 Slipcover
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc​

00.jpg

11159140_10152860481557643_718133522_o.jpg

Rocket and Groot Edition:
994e34d5gw1er7dl4n8hsg209q0c9tx2.gif

One of Double side Lenti artwork for UE.
994e34d5gw1er7dk6rxm6g209q0c9e2s.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we'll get this in December/January. Even if this comes out after Guardians 2, I'll still wait for it as long as it looks like the picture above!! :)

Reactions: Marina Blue
@Shane Dale Welcome to the forums and Steelbook collecting. I'd just like to give you a few pointers on participating in Blufans Group Buys in particular.

1) First and foremost, awaiting a Blufans release is definitely an endurance race and a test of patience as their releases go through several approvals from artwork to slipcover sizing. I honestly don't expect its actual release until August so whatever excitement you have for this release, write it down so you remember why you're waiting so long.

2) The Steelbook sets usually come with 2 or 3 options which include a full Lenticular slipcase, regular slipcase or a 1/4 slip. They all come with extras such as art cards. This is where it gets fun as the Steelbook community can contribute feedback and ideas and even vote on them. I expect a lot of creative stuff for this very popular release.

3) This is supposed to be an "Ultimate Edition" meaning Blufans will pull out all stops. It will likely include the Soundtrack and a whole bunch of stuff. Approval on all of it will most likely take a long time. The last Ultimate Edition was "Frozen" and that went all out.

4) NEWS and RUMORS Now here's the hardest part of collecting. You'd think a message board of passionate collectors would always be a safe haven for accurate information. However, for some reason people tend to assume news, confuse people with misinformation and get everyone anxious. Please take "news" as wishful thinking until expressly confirmed by Kevin and even then Blufans is consistently inaccurate about their release dates. They can be a bit ambitious on how many releases they can handle at one time but don't quite grasp that a lot of the process is out of their control so they cannot and should not set any date. However, release dates set people's minds at ease so I just figure they throw it out there coyly. Example: The previous Marvels were all set for release before Christmas 2014 with Guardians actually releasing this April. The best way to gauge when Guardians will release is to watch their other releases as they come out. It'll all be a Domini Effect with Guardians waiting in line. Updates are few and far between but are extremely exciting. Mock ups are merely digital images and Specs are wishful thinking. Do not get yours hopes all the way up until Blufans posts the manufactured product displaying what you're gonna get. We all just sit and pray it matches and even exceeds the mockup. Trust that Blufans will do all they can to meet our expectations. More often than not, they pull a "Frozen"...aside from the occasional "Wall-E".......

5) Lastly, just have patience and enjoy this set. Blufans are releases that collectors feel they have actively contributed to and is a unique feeling to own something that a community has helped to make. It's good for Steelbook collecting. The wait will be worth it knowing that you stuck with it. For resellers, if they're willing to wait it out just to make $40 per copy - Go ahead but that's what we're not about here. So sit back, make friends, piss your money away and enjoy the whole process. Guardians of the Galaxy is set to be an exciting release and I'm calling an August Ship Date.

Great post, can't wait for the GB :thumbs:

Reactions: Marina Blue
Sweet stupid question to me but ill ask and someone may try and slap me over this do any of yall "open" and watch the movie or is that why some people by 2 copys? Dont get me wrong if i drop $100 on a steelbook i wanna watch it lol

Reactions: Raggle Fraggle!
...Marvel has approved one lenticular art, while another lenticular art is still pending to be approved - which, I think, means there will be two lenticular slip versions, like Novamedia GOTG

another way to make us buy both Lentis :rolleyes: ...wish they would have done 1 lentis and one FullSlip instead of 2 Lenticular editions.

If it is a Lenti Glued to a FullSlip like Frozen that will be nicer then just a ''slip on'' Lenticular (like Monsters Inc, Up etc...)

Last edited:
On the one hand it's good that there are several versions but on the other hand sometimes I think it's too much. Whether PA, Nova, Blufans or HDZeta everyone brings different versions from one movie (Kimchi is currently doing probably a break). Sometimes I wish that there would be only one version but thats just my two cents.:whistle:
(I know the answer: Then buy just only one version!:D)

it's a good way to divide up the print run. You don't want four thousand copies of one style. Having variations to break up the four thousand or so copies is a good way to do it. Makes sense.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think that all Bufans releases have a printrun of 4000?
(in my opinion sometime less is more:D)

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think that all Bufans releases have a printrun of 4000?
(in my opinion sometime less is more:D)

I think the releases that they have made a WEA out of it yes the minimum is 4000, I don't think they ever went over it...Frozen was weird I think they had 4100..

but the releases that they have used WWA Steels, that I think some were indeed under 4000...especially the OAB

and I agree less is more :thumbs:

• Informative
Reactions: Hatori
On the one hand it's good that there are several versions but on the other hand sometimes I think it's too much. Whether PA, Nova, Blufans or HDZeta everyone brings different versions from one movie (Kimchi is currently doing probably a break). Sometimes I wish that there would be only one version but thats just my two cents.:whistle:
(I know the answer: Then buy just only one version!:D)

I agree with you, diversification is great, but sometimes it is overkill but I guess everybody is trying to find ways to make more $
Like you said, sometimes we have to chose the version we like, in a way it is nice... for me GOTG I only bought the Taiwan version, I didn't feel the need to get the Nova as it was WWA steels and for what just a slip or lenti ? it's too much money just for that, if it would have been WEA it would have been different, but I guess it depends on the movie and how much we love the versions that they put out there and if we feel ok about spending that extra $... for me MAze Runner I bought Taiwan and of course FilmArena and Blufans OAB, guess I loved the versions out there a bit more than the other ones but I guess it is different for every release...I will of course get Blufans GOTG to go with my Taiwan ones :emb: ..and yes I dare say I love the WWA Walkman steel of GOTG even though not exactly as in the movie it captured the spirit of the movie very well...

Reactions: lgans316 and Hatori