tnguyen13

Premium Supporter
Jan 26, 2014
NC, USA
Release date: July 2015.
World exclusive art (WEA) steelbook, embossed and gloss.
Print Run: 4000

There are 3 editions:
Ultimate Edition:
- 3D Disc, 2D Disc & Soundtrack
- Double-Sided lenticular slipcase
- Booklet

Lenticular Groot & Rocket:
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc
- One-sided lenticular slipcase
- Art Cards
** The Full Slip version was cancelled. The one-side lenticular slip replace it. **

1/4 Slipcover
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc​

00.jpg

11159140_10152860481557643_718133522_o.jpg

Rocket and Groot Edition:
994e34d5gw1er7dl4n8hsg209q0c9tx2.gif

One of Double side Lenti artwork for UE.
994e34d5gw1er7dk6rxm6g209q0c9e2s.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanna clarify, these photos are shot by a member of Blufans forum, and according to him the title is indeed golden, the greenish look is only due to the certain angle he took.

Ah Thank you !!! @nkb32 you were absolutely right ! Title is Golden... it was strange as what thew me off is I thought these were official pictures directly by Blufans...

@nkb32 you are probably right will calm down and wait for better pictures... I don't think they would have done such an error on a steelbook, the title must be a part that they work hards on

Yeah just sit back and relax until we have more info and pics to make good judgement and focus on the positives we know of this release:
great artwork
super glossy
embossed title (for collector like me who enjoy it)

Ah Thank you !!! @nkb32 you were absolutely right ! Title is Golden... it was strange as what thew me off is I thought these were official pictures directly by Blufans...

Complaints of photos from the production line of previous releases not being clear enough, Blufans asked a "photographer" to take some better shots... I suppose they should have stuck with a camera phone shooting.

The steelbook production is complete and now in packaging stage. Domestic ordering will begin early June. And with Blufans new policy of in-stock ordering I guess it will ship at the same time.

Photographer updated a photo. The title is suppose to be gold colour. Still looks off but better than the photos before
1.jpg

Last edited:
The steelbook production is complete and now in packaging stage. Domestic ordering will begin early June. And with Blufans new policy of in-stock ordering I guess it will ship at the same time.

Am I reading this correctly ? If this is true, I am truly shocked I don't remember the Last Blufans that was on schedule !
That new lady that takes care of the Logistics must mean business as to have such a high profile steelbook announced
and released in such a short period of time must be a Blufans Records.

Steelbook Production complete and in Packaging Stages... Is this April's Fool :wow: ..oh no that was last month :cautious: This must be really Christmas (n)

NICE! So "Guardians of the Galaxy" actually caught up with the release of "Thor: The Dark World". That would be 6 Marvel Studios releases in 6 months.

The Next 6 should be:

1) The Incredible Hulk
2) Iron Man 2
3) Iron Man 3
4) The Avengers
5) The Avengers: Age of Ultron
6) Ant-Man

Am I reading this correctly ? If this is true, I am truly shocked I don't remember the Last Blufans that was on schedule !
That new lady that takes care of the Logistics must mean business as to have such a high profile steelbook announced
and released in such a short period of time must be a Blufans Records.

Steelbook Production complete and in Packaging Stages... Is this April's Fool :wow: ..oh no that was last month :cautious: This must be really Christmas (n)

Have faith ;)

NICE! So "Guardians of the Galaxy" actually caught up with the release of "Thor: The Dark World". That would be 6 Marvel Studios releases in 6 months.

Blufans like to group releases at roughly the same time for domestic orders to combine shipping. I guess the release of GOTG and TDW have been scheduled to coincide.

Reactions: harry
everybody just don't worry about the greenish hue to the pics.

most probably a result of auto correction and/or a tilt on the color palette. I'm sure in hand the title will be gold.

steelbook looks amazing.

But title is not supposed to be green at all, it is supposed to be Golden type looking :confused:

View attachment 163321
View attachment 163322

Dragged the color balance away from green in Photoshop and this happens...

dxvAg0.jpg

My fingers are crossed that it is just a really piss poor picture taken with a crappy camera.

If it is not Blu Fans crown is slipping after their disappointing Wall-E

@Geek Tragedy it was confirmed title is Golden as it should be. From post posted earlier

Just wanna clarify, these photos are shot by a member of Blufans forum, and according to him the title is indeed golden, the greenish look is only due to the certain angle he took.

Blufans give the sample of steelbook to this senior member in the belief that he can take high quality pictures that can better showcase the detail of the product.
At least that's what I gathered from Blufans' post in the forum...

Reactions: jordidj
Like I said when the pics were posted yesterday....colours were over saturated ;)

This, IMO, is gonna look superb in hand. Not looking forward to sorting out the GB though!!!

Reactions: gbdragon and chunk
From Kevin:

You are right. The guy took these pictures might have too much fun with Photoshop. The actual steelbook is much better for sure, and the color of the title is definitely gold instead of green.

here is a little better one

154746r9to9r9ycoysopyk.jpg

I'm calm now... :D