The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 9th, 2014
Purchase link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Group Buy: apsmith21
Price: $19.99
Notes: Title on front cover, NO title on spine.

gotg_bbsteel-jpg.112272

Exclusive HDN Pictures! Thanks so much to Future Shop and @zerox39 for the advance look!! :D
gotg00001-jpg.118042

gotg00002-jpg.118043

gotg00003-jpg.118044

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm not looking at this like it should be a collector's Definitive only edition to own. I'm a huge fan of the movie, so I'm looking at it like it will be cool to own in addition to another steelbook hopefully with some different art. Obviously I may be in the minority as many folk want that ONE good one to own as their definitive.

I already own the CD of the soundtrack, so I just think it will be cool to insert a different plastic tray if needed and house that in here with my "watch copy".

Well I'm not looking at this like it should be a collector's Definitive only edition to own. I'm a huge fan of the movie, so I'm looking at it like it will be cool to own in addition to another steelbook hopefully with some different art. Obviously I may be in the minority as many folk want that ONE good one to own as their definitive.

I already own the CD of the soundtrack, so I just think it will be cool to insert a different plastic tray if needed and house that in here with my "watch copy".
I would LOVE another BEST BUY exclusive with a light-up lenticular :thumbs: Like they did for The Avengers!
But not sure if we will get something great for GotG apart from Slipcover variants :(

Hey guys BestBuy version is coming to save the day!!!

BB_GuarduansOfTheGalaxy-01_zpsc0955127.jpg

sorry guys I just couldn't resist... :p

This is probably something that they will go for, but sadly it almost makes it look worse. Doesnt fit at all..
Think im going to get depressed..

I could see if it resembled the one from the movie
image.jpg

But really-- not even then. This is not like the Paranormal Activity 3 (Germany) Steelbook which was handled almost perfectly. This is just random and wrong.
image.jpg

Just look at the button layout on the spine?? Cassette players never had skip buttons, Disney! This is awful. Spot Gloss, a working cassette function <<WITH>> a place to stick your earphones couldn't save this! :headphone:

Last edited:
Okay, I just chatted with Disney.

The product shown in the Best Buy thread isn't the correct final image and the Zavvi thread has a slightly different product.

The BBY/FS one looks almost exactly like the Zavvi with one little change. The Guardians title is debossed and in that metal empty space near the tape heads (parallel to the text on the tape)