Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
IMG_8885.JPG

Release Date
: 28th November 2016
Purchase Link: Amazon / Zavvi
Price: 19.99 GBP

Get ready for a brand new way to experience and treasure the movies you love, with the Big Sleeve Edition. Presented in a stunning 12-inch sleeve, this beautifully-crafted collector’s item comes with a Blu-ray™ and DVD of the movie, and exclusive 12” art cards you’ll cherish forever. So take home a movie experience the whole family will enjoy, with The Big Sleeve Edition.

From Marvel, the studio that launched the epic franchises of Marvel’s Iron Man, Marvel’s Thor, Marvel’s Captain America and Marvel’s Avengers Assemble, comes an unlikely new team—the Guardians of the Galaxy. The Marvel Cinematic Universe expands into the cosmos when brash space adventurer Peter Quill steals a coveted orb and becomes the object of a relentless bounty hunt. To evade his enemies, Quill forges an uneasy truce with Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon; Groot, a treelike humanoid; the deadly assassin Gamora; and the revenge-driven Drax. But when Quill discovers the true power of the orb, he must rally his ragtag band of misfits for a desperate battle that will decide the fate of the galaxy. Featuring amazing new characters and exclusive bonus features, this must-own blockbuster will have you hooked on a feeling… of pure adrenaline!

Bonus:

• Guide to the galaxy with James Gunn, The intergalactic visual effects for Guardians of Galaxy
  • Exclusive look at Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron
  • Gag reel
  • Deleted & extended scenes: Fake laugh, The Kyln will have to do, No, I’m the stupid one, Sisterly love, Dancing guard
  • Audio commentary with director James Gunn

11350338-1184427273497572.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Release Date: November 28th 2016
Purchase Link: Amazon HMV Zavvi
Price: £19.99

Notes:
A mix of classics and new releases, Disney’s Big Sleeve Edition will launch with six titles including Cinderella, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Beauty and the Beast, Guardians of the Galaxy, Aladdin and Finding Dory with further releases planned next year.

Viewers will have the chance to see behind the scenes footage, deleted and alternative scenes and gain an insight into each story through jam packed audio commentary from directors and stars.

What's in the Disney Big Sleeve Edition?
  • Blu-Ray Version of the Movie
  • DVD Version of the Movie
  • 12″ Exclusive Art Prints

View attachment 269886 Guardians BS.jpg

Reactions: rj531
Po'd this along with Star Wars FA. Bring on the rest of the Marvel films. I ordered through Amazon as I have more faith in them if it comes to returning damaged items.

LOL it reminds me of the vinyl LPs
Laserdiscs, LP = same thing basically!
I DO understand the idea of having more real estate for art. That's cool. But, we are in a time when people value the real estate that their collections take up!
I think this just some weird idea some exec Frankenstein-ed together: The idea of the vinyl comeback merged with movie collecting. The real downside here, is that based on the images here - they are not really offering anything more than BIG pictures! There aren't even liner notes or anything. I have a printer and photopaper and the internet: I can make those big pictures for free at home.

It will all depend on the quality of the packaging. If it's flimsy and easily damaged, Big Sleeves will disappear very rapidly from the shelves. If it's sturdy, glossy and appealing, Big Sleeves may have a few years to live, in the same way as steel books.
To make sure the concept will make an impression, there should be some cooperation and development from other publishers (Warner is developing a similar principle in Spain, offering trilogies and complete sagas for a tiny price - if more studios follow the route, it might be more than an ephemeral concept)
I am not sure Disney will make enough effort, I am afraid of discs indenting the front page of the gatefold, when many big sleeves are stacked (in the same way the round shape of vinyls or laserdiscs tends to "emboss" the front cover, because paper is too thin).
I don't know if they have been very high in Amazon's Top Sales list: Star Wars is currently sitting at 758, GOTG at 4268, B&B at 3114, Aladdin at 9094, Cinderella at 14100 and the freshest entry Dory is at 308. Nothing too impressive, yet I ordered them because if the product is top quality, there will be quick buzz and they will sell out rapidly. If the product sucks, well, discs will be discounted a month later.
The fact that Disney developed a special page on Amazon and Zavvi, with a trailer, seems to prove they will defend their innovation, but will retailers be ready to offer so much shelf space to such a bold bet?

So in other words ...... store these with the new resurgence of consumers who are buying vinyl. Well you definitely got me to see one of these bad babies... gonna have to go with GOTG.

These look great, really want to give GOTG and Force a try, but scared how these are going to be shipped overseas, and I have never been able to get a replacement out of them if damaged, only a minor discount...

These look great, really want to give GOTG and Force a try, but scared how these are going to be shipped overseas, and I have never been able to get a replacement out of them if damaged, only a minor discount...

I would suggest you order from the Amazon link then. Seems shipping cost will soon cause a problem for the success of these with international orders. Alot of chance for damage.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007

I would suggest you order from the Amazon link then. Seems shipping cost will soon cause a problem for the success of these with international orders. Alot of chance for damage.
This will be coming to me in Australia so when it does get here I'll post and let u know how it arrived......