Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive No. 15) [Korea]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 29, 2017
Purchase links: Box set - Lenticular - Full Slip A - Full Slip B - (Pre-order starts August 11 at 10 PM until August 25 10 PM Korea time) - All editions currently OOS
Price: $47 (Individual editions) - $155 (Boxset)
Group Buy: Hosted by Aniv Box set - Lenticular - Full Slip A - Full Slip B
Notes: "Our pre-order will start from August 11 until August 25 and we will make same number of products as our orders. We are testing a different style of pre-order and Pre-order can end early."
Total print run = 4000
Box set gift: original production notes 52p
36 pages photo book
8x character card
6x post card

GOTG-01.jpgGOTG-02.jpgGOTG-03.jpgGOTG-04.jpg
20622312_1022442121192893_3036679281210987160_n.jpg

Last edited:
How have I never noticed the "S" being cut-off until now, lol. Really annoys me as this release would have been perfect without the mistake. Arrived mint in every other way, shame.
HDZ and Kimchi seem to be the only premium steels I've had no issues with. (BF scratches all over slips, Manta scratches all over steels and some slips, Nova misprints on a few titles)

20171222_153115_wm-1-jpg.350318
I've had issues with most (if not all) retailers to some extent :LOL: None of them are perfect by any means ;) I'm not actually too fussed about the slightly cut off "S" here. It's an error of course but not one I'll loose sleep over :sleep: I love the WEA steel too much the slip overall is amazing (especially FS-A :drool:). I think the Lenticular error would bug me more even though not many would bother to read the specs. Not saying it's acceptable but the "S" in particular I feel is pretty minor :)

Reactions: ChrisPatt
I've had issues with most (if not all) retailers to some extent :LOL: None of them are perfect by any means ;) I'm not actually too fussed about the slightly cut off "S" here. It's an error of course but not one I'll loose sleep over :sleep: I love the WEA steel too much the slip overall is amazing (especially FS-A :drool:). I think the Lenticular error would bug me more even though not many would bother to read the specs. Not saying it's acceptable but the "S" in particular I feel is pretty minor :)

It has to be perfect. It has to be perfect or we suffer from scratchphobia, dentphobia.

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T
I got the replacements today. They arrive in a close to A4 envelope:

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg

No lenticular on the replacement O-ring, but it's also embossed.

07.jpg 08.jpg

The PET slip case is the same size as an SCF3 protector from Steelbookcentral, so...

09.jpg 10.jpg

... you can put it over the lenti slip. It's very tight if you don't remove the shrinkwrap from the lenti slip, so sealed collectors beware. That's also why I stopped half-way through.

FYI: I explicitly asked Nova to include the replacements in my order. I'd advise you did the same if you want to make sure to get the replacements. Also, I have to check the envelope again. It seems the sticker with the corrected credits for the old O-ring with the lenticular image was not included. See @pbtour4il's photos on the previous page of this thread.

I received the pet slip (with star lord on the back) . Any instructions on how to assemble it ? (I don't want to damage it) . You can DM me on instagram also

I received the pet slip (with star lord on the back) . Any instructions on how to assemble it ? (I don't want to damage it) . You can DM me on instagram also

Just fold it to proper shape. You can't do anything wrong as long as you use the fold lines and don't try something funny, like folding the slip in the middle or turn the inside out. ;)

By the way, I had another look and also found the sticker for the original, faulty, lenti slip inside:

sticker.jpg

:thumbs:

Reactions: WendyUncharted
Just fold it to proper shape. You can't do anything wrong as long as you use the fold lines and don't try something funny, like folding the slip in the middle or turn the inside out. ;)

By the way, I had another look and also found the sticker for the original, faulty, lenti slip inside:

View attachment 353353

:thumbs:

Ok thanks ! I managed to assemble it right. But what this PET (don't even get what this means bacause I'm french) cover is suposed to "cover" ? Is it suposed to be the steelbook inside ?

For my part I bought the lenticular edition (and there's no print error) but I did not receive the cards that come with it (only this replacement cover with star lord on the back).
I wrote an email to nova media to see if they can sent me the cards and the booklet.

Is anyone having this problem ? (with the cards)

Are the cards still available ?

PET = Polyethylene terephthalate = Polytéréphtalate d'éthylène (plastic, basically :p) @WendyUncharted

If you unseal the lenticular slip, the PET slip fits over the whole thing, like a protective case from Steelbookcentral. That's also why it hasn't got any print on the front side, so you still can see the lenticular image.

I'm not sure if I understand your problem with the cards. You didn't get the art cards and the booklet with your copy? Then that's a packaging mistake by Novamedia and they will certainly send you the missing items with your next order. Their service is very helpful and quick with replies.

Cheers!

Reactions: WendyUncharted
PET = Polyethylene terephthalate = Polytéréphtalate d'éthylène (plastic, basically :p) @WendyUncharted

If you unseal the lenticular slip, the PET slip fits over the whole thing, like a protective case from Steelbookcentral. That's also why it hasn't got any print on the front side, so you still can see the lenticular image.

I'm not sure if I understand your problem with the cards. You didn't get the art cards and the booklet with your copy? Then that's a packaging mistake by Novamedia and they will certainly send you the missing items with your next order. Their service is very helpful and quick with replies.

Cheers!
Thanks for your help !! Actually the cards were in the steelbook and I didn't see it at first. It's all fine now ! thanks a lot for your answers. This website is so cool !

So there is no replacement for the Full Slip A, correct? The error doesn't bother me that much but it's a shame that such premium steels come with errors :(