Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (3D & 4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Release date: September 4, 2017
Purchase links: 3D Steelbook - 4K Steelbook - Steelbook + T-shirt bundle
Price: £24.99 (3D) - £32.99 (4K)
Notes: Available in two options - 3D 1080p & 4K Ultra HD (both include 2D)

11464330-1644499618047587.jpg

11464330-1754499364962586.jpg 11464330-2814499618197239.jpg 11464330-1014499618299416.jpg
11464330-1454479916445904.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi asked us to remove the thread based on their contract. Some vendors dictate very strict announcement guidelines. Sorry, there's nothing we can do about their restrictions. Thanks all.

This makes 0 sense (not having a go at you) but the threads have been fine for any other marvel steel, they made it very clear on Twitter and haven't shut up about it all night when customers were asking. Like seriously wouldn't shut up and even said embargo laws say it has to be at midnight and not before. So if it was because of secrecy then they failed at that on their own

And then you have German and finish and French threads

Because of that it caused the uk thread to be re opened 10/15 mins late after pre order started when we could of been talking in here instead of the German thread.

Makes no sense - again not having a go at you but they are f*,@&'g idiots (the vendors)

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil
Both Star Wars was the same I think

Not sure

Maybe Because the midnight showing on a Thursday is a big thing with the marvel films and Star Wars compared to their live actions like alice or Pixar and Disney animation

So zavvi treat it as a celebration and event thing.

That's the impression i get from them on Twitter

Oh I see, kind of like all the die hard fans and geeks wanting it a stroke after midnight just like PS3/PS4 release date lol. I remember a few years back Tesco had a few hundred people queuing up to get the new FIFA game at midnight.

Luckily I snagged this with a discount before bed and not sold out yet but I predict very soon. I missed out on the first GOTG from zavvi so had to get the TW version with the slip.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I'm not pre ordering until Zavvi website Euro price is corrected
€34.99 is the wrong price

I can't order in £GBP with rep of Ireland address on Zavvi

Zavvi signed off twitter for the night
I will have to wait till the morning

Oh I see, kind of like all the die hard fans and geeks wanting it a stroke after midnight just like PS3/PS4 release date lol. I remember a few years back Tesco had a few hundred people queuing up to get the new FIFA game at midnight.

Luckily I snagged this with a discount before bed and not sold out yet but I predict very soon. I missed out on the first GOTG from zavvi so had to get the TW version with the slip.

Yeah extactly that

Ha I've done that at tesco for call of duty back in the day and at game too. When I was big on it years ago, quite funny actually

And went to see revenge of the sith at midnight when that origianlly came out

Oh it will sell out but not for a few days

This makes 0 sense (not having a go at you) but the threads have been fine for any other marvel steel, they made it very clear on Twitter and haven't shut up about it all night when customers were asking. Like seriously wouldn't shut up and even said embargo laws say it has to be at midnight and not before. So if it was because of secrecy then they failed at that on their own

And then you have German and finsh and French threads

Because of that it cause the uk thread to be re opened 10/15 mins after pre order started when we could of been talking in here instead of the German thread.

Makes no sense - again not having a go at you but they are f*,@&'g idiots (the vendors)

And then you have German and finish and French threads

Because of that it cause the uk thread to be re opened 10/15 mins after pre order started when we could of been talking in here instead of the German thread.

I understand-it is their product so they have the right to ask any site to remove it at any time until certain folks approve postings at third party sites. Announcements from other countries do not impact retailers in other countries.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I understand-it is their product so they have the right to ask any site to remove it at any time until certain folks approve postings at third party sites. Announcements from other countries do not impact retailers in other countries.

I understand but it's soo stupid lol ain't it.

Maybe next time a mod can mention it to us like in the German thread so we are aware and it stops others creating threads x4

Would save so much hassle lol

So basically the German/ French etc thread is ok on here because it's a American forum but if it's a German forum it would get deleted or locked? That right?

I understand but it's soo stupid lol ain't it.

Maybe next time a mod can mention it to us like in the German thread so we are aware and it stops others creating threads x4

Would save so much hassle lol

So basically the German/ French etc thread is ok on here because it's a American forum but if it's a German forum it would get deleted or locked? That right?
No-if someone from a German or French distributor would have said the thread needs to be taken down we would have done so.
Requests to remove certain info is not uncommon. It's happened here and at other forums with all kinds of products. As members discussing licensed items, we all have to accept those rules. Thanks for moving on folks.

No-if someone from a German or French distributor would have said the thread needs to be taken down we would have done so.
Requests to remove certain info is not uncommon. It's happened here and at other forums with all kinds of products. As members discussing licensed items, we all have to accept those rules. Thanks for moving on folks.

Still don't make sense. Why just guardians.

I have known it to happen but not before on the run up to a marvel release In the uk

We always talk about them before midnight and loads saying they will be sitting in a cinema at live time etc

And I meant on a German site in Germany, you made it sound like the uk was taken down on this site, so i thought you meant German threads in Germany, French threads in France and so on - not just HDN related

So I wonder if other sites had to take the uk threads down like the sites we don't speak off or just HDN.

Hmmm very weird

It's case by case. It has happened several times over the years here and elsewhere-some studios and distributors are more strict than others. The thread almost always comes back. Thanks.

I was never even aware of this so I had no idea what the big deal is. I only stumbled on this thread when I saw it available for order via text and steelbook stock alert thread. Interesting really that the studios have decided to make this request. Thanks for the explanation. I note that in future if I can't find a thread.

I was never even aware of this so I had no idea what the big deal is. I only stumbled on this thread when I saw it available for order via text and steelbook stock alert thread. Interesting really that the studios have decided to make this request. Thanks for the explanation. I note that in future if I can't find a thread.
No problem

And guys, when Something like this happens and you have a question or else, don't be shy to use the REPORT button so that we the Mod & Admin team can respond to your concern rapidly :)

Thanks @thewoe for the initiative :scat:

Reactions: thewoe
And guys, when Something like this happens and you have a question or else, don't be shy to use the REPORT button so that we the Mod & Admin team can respond to your concern rapidly :)

Thanks @thewoe for the initiative :scat:

I did tag a mod to be fair in the German thread, didn't think about the report button because there was no button to report on