Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #45) [China]

Apr 5, 2013
Newport, UK
Release date: 1/4 edition only - this month (September)
https://shop.hidefninja.com/product...ay-3d-2d-blufans-1-4-slip?variant=42410166469
Notes: WEA, embossed and full gloss. 2D+3D.
Group Buy: hosted by cooey
1/4 slip - Very limited quantity, to be sold via the HDN store at a random time on September 9
1/4 slip + One Click - HERE
One Click - Ultimate Edition - Lenticular - Full Slip

One Click - $197
Double Lenti - $70
Single Lenti - $65
Full Slip - $64

9a438038gy1fk4thw10cfj22831imk7a.jpg 9a438038gy1fk4ti0xlc6j22881io4h2.jpg9a438038gy1fk4ti97c79j22851io4ik.jpg 9a438038gy1fk4ti5e06tj22821inasv-1444x985.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha. The choice of artwork for the back is pretty baffling to say the least, I'll give you that!!

No more baffling than the entire artwork for the WWA releases. not sure who came up with that brilliant idea considering it didn't look anything like the detonator in the movie. if they're going to do gimmick objects from the movie, at least get it right. at least the back here is somewhat original and not based on any object from the movie itself other than baby groot.

• Thanks
Reactions: Andycadle84
No more baffling than the entire artwork for the WWA releases. not sure who came up with that brilliant idea considering it didn't look anything like the detonator in the movie. if they're going to do gimmick objects from the movie, at least get it right.
Oh, I don't know- I mean, at least it's consistent with the wrong Sony Walkman design used on the front of the Vol 1 WWA steelbook...! ;)

Oh, I don't know- I mean, at least it's consistent with the wrong Sony Walkman design used on the front of the Vol 1 WWA steelbook...! ;)

At least it still for the most part looked like a Sony Walkman. i don't know how you go from a detonator box with 2 switches and 2 button, batteries and no big wires, to plain box with wires and one giant button. oh and i almost forgot the tape/writing on the tape. complete fail if you ask me.

At least it still for the most part looked like a Sony Walkman. i don't know how you go from a detonator box with 2 switches and 2 button, batteries and no big wires, to plain box with wires and one giant button.
Haha. It's like the designer(s) did it from (bad) memory a few months after watching the film!!

The thing with the Walkman for the Vol 1 steelbook which I really didn't get was that the design that they DID use was actually based on a different model of Sony Walkman- I always presumed they didn't use the actual design as per the movie for copyright reasons or something bizarre like that!

^ Sony Walkman TPS-L2.
I think the one in the film is the model on the far right with the * "WALKMAN" print as opposed to the other two - all from around 1979.
Yes, apart from being back to front and the wrong colour . . . although turn it upside down and you're getting closer (lol) . . . with the arrow the right way around but "STEREO" not.
Still it's not a run-of-the-mill steelbook and deserves credit for that (IMO)
upload_2017-8-23_20-45-9.png
Sony_Walkman_TPS-L2_1000_0002.jpg
Sony_Walkman_TPS-L2_1000_0001.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ *
d2a43adb80e94decfb4a4ae18dfd1482.jpg

Faking it to get something similar to the steelbook:-
hqdefault.jpg

Anyway, as for the Blufans GotG 2 steelbook, it's got to be one of the best out there and those vibrant colours on the front and the unexpected colour image on the inside is a joy and an absolute delight.
Back is fine too giving the option of two separate images for the display stand although the front colouring carrying over on to the spine is a strange touch leading one to expect wraparound.
If 4K disc included 10/10 item.[/SPOILER][/SPOILER]

Last edited:
details from kev on other site for this release

Four editions for the release:

Ultimate Edition (double sided lenti slips) (3D+2D+OST CD) with a booklet

Single side lenti (3D+2D) with art cards set A

Full slip (3D+2D) with art cards set B

1/4 slip (3D+2D) without bonus materials

1 click set will only have UE, single lenti edition and full slip edition!

1/4 slip edition is the entry level edition with no added materials and it is for the single sale only!

The 1/4 slip edition will be out a little early, possibly around mid Sept.
The rest will be released in Oct.

More details will be posted in early Sept.

-------

thought some might wanna know
basil :thumbs:

1/4 slip edition is the entry level edition with no added materials and it is for the single sale only!

-------

I'll pick whichever has this for a lenticular:thumbs:
PHak9S4jdp80cf_1_l.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: harry and Flloydo

-------

Oh no CRAP now I have to get the 1/4 slip too on top of the boxset, wish they made it part of the set :wtf: