Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - In theaters May 5th 2017

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]James Gunn[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Chris Pratt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Zoe Saldana[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dave Bautista[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bradley Cooper[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Vin Diesel[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Karen Gillan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Rooker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Benicio del Toro[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sean Gunn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pom Klementieff[/ACTOR]

Plot: Set to the backdrop of Awesome Mixtape #2, 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' continues the team's adventures as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill's true parentage. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
y4MBh0EjBlMuOzv9axM4qJlmhzz.jpg
[/container]

Image2.jpg
gotg2.jpg

Last edited:
Saw this last night in IMAX 3D and it was a really great experience. Definitely worth the upcharge for both IMAX and 3D. I'd still rate Guardians of the Galaxy 1 better, but this is still a great movie and a top tier Marvel/comic book movie. The humor and chemistry is the best parts about the movie. Do yourself a favor and see it soon so you can have a big crowd to enjoy it with. All the performances were great and each character got their moment to shine.

If I had to nitpick, I actually wish there was screen time between just the Guardians of the Galaxy (the 5 leads). They are only fully together for parts of the movie and while you understand why that is within the movie, the chemistry is best when the whole gang is together. And while the dog fights are very well done and look great in 3D, it wasn't as creative or memorable as anything like the jail break scene in the first movie.

But this is still a great movie and I had such a great time watching this in theaters. As mentioned before, 5 post credit scenes that are paced along the credits until the last one, so well done on that James Gunn. Highly recommended.

Just got back.
Great movie. Story was ok. Chemistry was INCREDIBLE. A LOT of laught....BUT the BIGGEST downsize for me compared to #1 is THE MUSIC. I'm 36, and I knew EVERY single song in #1. In this one, NONE except Father & Son. So, do I have to say that it killed my mood by a mile not connecting with the music all movie long.... :(

Had many tears at the end of the movie, didn't expect that (neither Miss Drum)... and the 5 credits scenes, worked for me! :)

A special nod I really appreciated:
#1: Kevin Bacon / John Stamos
#2: David Hasselhoff
:p :D

So finally:
#1: 9.5 / 10
#2: 7 - 7.5 / 10

Last edited:
Saw this last night in IMAX 3D and it was a really great experience. Definitely worth the upcharge for both IMAX and 3D. I'd still rate Guardians of the Galaxy 1 better, but this is still a great movie and a top tier Marvel/comic book movie. The humor and chemistry is the best parts about the movie. Do yourself a favor and see it soon so you can have a big crowd to enjoy it with. All the performances were great and each character got their moment to shine.

If I had to nitpick, I actually wish there was screen time between just the Guardians of the Galaxy (the 5 leads). They are only fully together for parts of the movie and while you understand why that is within the movie, the chemistry is best when the whole gang is together. And while the dog fights are very well done and look great in 3D, it wasn't as creative or memorable as anything like the jail break scene in the first movie.

But this is still a great movie and I had such a great time watching this in theaters. As mentioned before, 5 post credit scenes that are paced along the credits until the last one, so well done on that James Gunn. Highly recommended.

I prefer to see movies with as few people as possible

Just got back.
Great movie. Story was ok. Chemistry was INCREDIBLE. A LOT of laught....BUT the BIGGEST downsize for me compared to #1 is THE MUSIC. I'm 36, and I knew EVERY single song in #1. In this one, NONE except Father & Son. So, do I have to say that it killed my mood by a mile not connecting with the music all movie long.... :(

Had many tears at the end of the movie, didn't expect that (neither Miss Drum)... and the 5 credits scenes, worked for me! :)

So finally:

So hopefully the music is not from the 70's again

I prefer to see movies with as few people as possible

I sometimes agree, if you have some idiots talking or kicking your seat or on their phone. Yeah then less is better.
But I find if you go opening night, first showing. Basically everyone in there is a big fan, really wants to see the film and wants to be there. You don't get those rude people then.

Also for Comedies, it can make a movie funnier with everyone else around you laughing. Same goes with scary movies with "jump scares".

On the flip side, one time I went to a movie by myself and I was the only one in the theater. It was a little creepy to be honest.

Just got back.

So finally:

I agree, the music wasn't as memorable as the first film.
I didn't know many of the songs either BUT I thought it still worked. It didn't take away from the movie at all for me.
Maybe after watching it a second time I'll know the songs better! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
The opening scene was brilliant.
The rest of the film was bland, tonally inconsistent, and "Marvel"ously uninteresting.

Gotta love that Kurt Russell brought his A Game, though. I thought that he would be going through the motions with this big-budgeted production- but he was on point.
6/10

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
Saw it today. Its very good movie, but the first one is better and has better sountrack.

One of my favourite scenes was

When Yondu said to Star Lord " He might be your father, but he aint your daddy"

Awesome scene

I keep thinking about this movie and want to go see it again.
The opening scene alone it would be worth price of admission for me! haha

giphy.gif

Also updated my Marvel Films Rankings (from Favorite to least Fav):
  1. CA: Winter Solider
  2. Captain America
  3. GotG
  4. CA: Civil War
  5. Avengers
  6. GotG Vol2
  7. Iron Man
  8. Avengers AoU
  9. Ant-Man
  10. Doctor Strange
  11. Incredible Hulk
  12. Thor 2
  13. Thor
  14. Iron Man 2
  15. Iron Man 3

Last edited:
Like everyone is saying I thought the opening scene was fantastic. Best opener to a marvel film with deadpool as a second

Really enjoyed it as much as the first. First is still little better but found this to be a strong sequel and the character development, action, music was all awesome. Kurt was awesome too

I personally loved the music in the film, listened the soundtrack before and thought it was good but worked much better in the film, George Harrison, Sam Cooke and jay and the Americans worked very well in the scenes

My only negative thing to say about the film was nebula, she really made me cringe whenever she spoke. And the final post credit scene wasn't great

That bits Made me laugh when quill was talking about his hand and if he had one on his ..... Lol
I laughed out so loud at Mary poppins!

Rocket was quality with all his modifications, jet packs, weapons and traps, groot was epic too. Like a simple child lol

Some cool cameos too toward the end as ravagers and of course the Hoff lol

Ha, Forgot about teenage groot! & pacman

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: MGD
My only negative thing to say about the film was nebula, she will made me cringe whenever she spoke.

Problem is I think Karen Gillan is a good actress... but she kind of sucks at doing an american accent.
They should let her keep her normal one. Honestly don't know why they made her change it for the role.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Problem is I think Karen Gillan is a good actress... but she kind of sucks at doing an american accent.
They should let her keep her normal one. Honestly don't know why they made her change it for the role.

Only other thing I've seen her in and She was ok was in was oculus, apart from that just clips of dr who (which i can't stand anyway) so I can't really say much about how good her acting is.
I didn't like her in vol 1 either but she had a much smaller part. Which was better

Yeah a female Scottish alien robot would of been interesting

Oh that was interesting and harsh to hear what Thanos used to do to her after making her fight gamora and losing each time.

I do really hope she don't get much screen time in Infinty war even though now she's technically a guardian of the Galaxy

Forgot mention aswel, how good is groots face when he's angry and wants to punch everyone or just drax lol

And his sad little face after he gets beer poured all over him and walks back! Was funny but sad lol

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
I watched this again last night and it is better the second time. It has some things that are better and worse than the first one. Nevertheless GOTG are clearly my favorite part of the MCU.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and MGD
20170506_095436_1.jpg

My first IMAX experience and it was great!! Loved the opening scene and as others have said the music wasn't as good as the first, but still fun and had me laugh out loud a few times with the audience. 8 out of 10!!

I'm Mary Poppins ya'll
Mary-Poppins-Flying-85760.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: MGD
Only other thing I've seen her in and She was ok was in was oculus, apart from that just clips of dr who (which i can't stand anyway) so I can't really say much about how good her acting is.
I didn't like her in vol 1 either but she had a much smaller part. Which was better

Yeah a female Scottish alien robot would of been interesting

Oh that was interesting and harsh to hear what Thanos used to do to her after making her fight gamora and losing each time.

I do really hope she don't get much screen time in Infinty war even though now she's technically a guardian of the Galaxy

Forgot mention aswel, how good is groots face when he's angry and wants to punch everyone or just drax lol

And his sad little face after he gets beer poured all over him and walks back! Was funny but sad lol

I don't know if you read comics but there have been prequel comics for a few Marvel films. Doctor Strange had one that basically fleshed out Caecilius' backstory and added to his character. There were a few for GOTG 2. The first one is the onyl one worth reading and shows exactly what happened between Nebula and Gamorra. You can read them online.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
I don't know if you read comics but there have been prequel comics for a few Marvel films. Doctor Strange had one that basically fleshed out Caecilius' backstory and added to his character. There were a few for GOTG 2. The first one is the onyl one worth reading and shows exactly what happened between Nebula and Gamorra. You can read them online.

I did not know that so I'll check it out

Thanks

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark