Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 9, 2017
Purchase links: FNAC - Amazon FR
Price: €24.99

Tu-ne-tueras-point-Édition-Limitée-boîtier-SteelBook-386x600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's edited by Metropolitan = french title + banner :)

Being a Metropolitan release doesn't mean it's going have to have a French title. It all depends on the title. American Ultra had "the French title", which was the original title, because easy to understand.

american-ultra.jpg

That being said, Hacksaw Ridge was translated because it'd be impossible for most French people to pronounce 'hacksaw' or know what a 'ridge' is, and it's not like this film is only targeting young people in theaters.

There isn't one non-English speaking country place where "Hacksaw Ridge" is the title used. "Tu ne tueras point" means "Thou shall not kill", basically.

Capture d’écran 2016-12-11 à 11.51.13.png

Edited by Metropolitan? This will be censored in France?

No, this is just Djfab thinking of a French word ("édité" ≠ "edited", when he meant "distributed") and using it in English, even though it doesn't mean the same thing (it does imply censorship as you say, and no it's not censored, there's never gonna be extra censor in France).

No, this is just Djfab thinking of a French word ("édité" ≠ "edited", when he meant "distributed") and using it in English, even though it doesn't mean the same thing (it does imply censorship as you say, and no it's not censored, there's never gonna be extra censor in France).

Sorry for my english !

Being a Metropolitan release doesn't mean it's going have to have a French title. It all depends on the title. American Ultra had "the French title", which was the original title, because easy to understand.

View attachment 280943

That being said, Hacksaw Ridge was translated because it'd be impossible for most French people to pronounce 'hacksaw' or know what a 'ridge' is, and it's not like this film is only targeting young people in theaters.

There isn't one non-English speaking country place where "Hacksaw Ridge" is the title used. "Tu ne tueras point" means "Thou shall not kill", basically.

View attachment 280942
In The Netherlands it was just "Hacksaw Ridge". We always use the original English title.

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T
In The Netherlands it was just "Hacksaw Ridge". We always use the original English title.

OK, good for you, it wasn't in the list on IMDB that I had included there, to make the point that some people will have a hard time pronouncing "Hacksaw Ridge" (nevemind knowing what it means)— I certainly don't expect most older people here would be able to say it (and that crowd seems like a key demographic for a film about war, love and faith), so it makes sense from an economical standpoint.

Steelbook collectors who have no problem with tricky English titles aren't at the center of their marketing strategy, sadly.

That's why in most countries the title was adapted, or a subtitle was added, like "Die Entscheidung" in Germany @funkeule — if there's a German steelbook I expect that part of the title to be included there too.

Decent artwork :thumbs:
BUT . . .
Shame about the excessive printed logos and outmoded friggin' banner header that Metropolitan seems to feel is so necessary to have on their steelbook fronts.
This is after all 2017 - not 2008 when these banners were de rigueur - and maybe now time to move with the times as other companies have since done.

Rest is better:-

Last edited:
Reactions: ash333
The degree to which this steelbook is horrible is quite high.

Offer me $1 and I wouldn't even put it on my shelf. :LOL::p

France... still

After.all.these.years. France just doesn't get it. o_O