Hansel And Gretel (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Entertainment Store Exclusive)[UK]

zoneism

Steel Player
Premium Supporter
Mar 8, 2012
Further personal attacks or sniping is not allowed on this forum or thread. Repeat offenders may be banned.

Looks like this is Entertainment Store exclusive #2

Purchase link: Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (Entertainment Store Exclusive Double Play Steelbook) (Blu-ray)
Price: £26.99
Release Date: June 24th, 2013 Sold Out Already
Limited to 1,000 and stickered!! :scat:

Entertainment Store only ship to UK addresses.

Current open group buy hosted by roverite HERE - NOW CLOSED

Group buy, to be hosted by Captain Coffee, will go live SATURDAY 27th APRIL - 19:00 BST CLOSED

Artwork (thanks to snooloui for grabbing the images)
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Actual pics courtesy of demon666
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Response from ES about the finish they are going for on this release:
There’s an emboss on the title treatment, gloss varnish on the front, cutting out the characters and a dull varnish covering the back.

The red text and red image on the back is also a pantone red, which should be a bright pillar box red.

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 297
Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice looking steel, and as much as the film got mixed reviews it is one of the better looking steels so far this year. £27 is a little steep, but for the low print run i'm willing to take a chance with Entertainment Store.

But June, why are you doing this to us :-(

You cant order this if euros ar choosen, and if you choose punds they dont deliver to europe...

The guys shooting himself in the ass by only shipping to the UK if you ask me. He could do so much more business. But he's getting so little amount of copies he doesn't give a **** coz he knows they'll probably sell out anyway :dunno:

Hope they make the title smaller and the characters bigger on the front, otherwise am loving it! Blindbuy for me; looks like abit of mindless gory fun, can't be any worse than Van Helsing anyway? Anyone who ordered Jack Reacher confirm whether or not they charge when you order and what their packadging is like cos I ordered two incase?

Last edited:
Have ordered this, blindbuyvfor me but looks like abit of mindless gory fun, can't be any worse than Van Helsing anyway? Anyone who ordered Jack Reacher confirm whether or not they charge when you order and what their packadging is like cos I ordered two incase?

for jack reacher they didnt charge until 1 week before or dispatch week, i havent got statement yet so cant confirm but i know they didnt charge straight away.

Packaging is pictured here:
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/31229/

Last edited by a moderator:
I am excited about this steelbook, didn't think that it would be this one however.

I'm gonna preorder it as i can see this selling out very quickly, that way I can cqancel if neccesary closer to the time.

Thanks again ES for all the hard work

I'd be interested in buying this in a GB but only if it's 3D.

£26.99 is very steep for no 3D. Is this confirmed to have NO 3D???

(Also, seeing as it's Paramount there's a good chance there might be some embossing? Maybe that's why it's so expensive?)

Last edited:
Looks alright but will give it a miss, I'd rather spend that much mula on an Asian release with a sexy slip but hey that's just me.

Would have been nice if they numbered them and why add their ES sticker now, should've thought about it first and added it to JR too.

The Film was ok in 3D at the cinema plus the Mrs enjoyed it, so pre-ordered it anyway but i wish we would be given the 3D blu-ray in the steelbook here in the UK. So far we've only had 5 (off the top of my head please correct me if i'm wrong) 3D blu-ray steelbooks release's in UK but other regions seem to get them.

On another note seeing has this is a Paramount release could we see some embossing/debossing on this steelbook, I bloddy hope so.

I havent seen the film as I was put off it by others but I think I may take a punt and blind buy it..

Edit: ordered!

Last edited:
I have only THREE UK 3D Steelbooks in my collection....

Prometheus
Immortals
Wrath Of The Titans

But THIRTEEN from other countries :(

Last edited:
I'm genuinely curious here... may I ask why so many people are bothered about a sticker? I open all my steels anyway, so the sticker will more than likely get thrown away. But even if you do keep them sealed, don't stickers hide some of the artwork? I'd rather have the wrapping as clean as possible.