Hansel And Gretel (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Entertainment Store Exclusive)[UK]

zoneism

Steel Player
Premium Supporter
Mar 8, 2012
Further personal attacks or sniping is not allowed on this forum or thread. Repeat offenders may be banned.

Looks like this is Entertainment Store exclusive #2

Purchase link: Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (Entertainment Store Exclusive Double Play Steelbook) (Blu-ray)
Price: £26.99
Release Date: June 24th, 2013 Sold Out Already
Limited to 1,000 and stickered!! :scat:

Entertainment Store only ship to UK addresses.

Current open group buy hosted by roverite HERE - NOW CLOSED

Group buy, to be hosted by Captain Coffee, will go live SATURDAY 27th APRIL - 19:00 BST CLOSED

Artwork (thanks to snooloui for grabbing the images)
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Actual pics courtesy of demon666
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Response from ES about the finish they are going for on this release:
There’s an emboss on the title treatment, gloss varnish on the front, cutting out the characters and a dull varnish covering the back.

The red text and red image on the back is also a pantone red, which should be a bright pillar box red.

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 300
Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting! Stickered is a good thing. Il be buying, even if its just to say thank you for the way Luke dealt with the jack Reacher problems.

I don't know what's to like about this one.

Reputed to be a bad movie (I have not seen it), no 3D, high price, and an ugly cover (can you make the title any bigger?).

Good luck trying to trade this one because it's a dud! The German one looks 1000x better.

£26.99 and not even a mention of 3D? Can't see Entertainment Stores doing exclusive steels for long if that's what they're asking - especially for a movie with a largely negative reaction.

The lack of 3D is annoying. I don't know why UK buyers keep getting short changed on that score.

Almost 50% gone already. Probably sell out tomorrow.

I wonder what % is going to ebay scalpers? :rolleyes:

£26.99 and not even a mention of 3D? Can't see Entertainment Stores doing exclusive steels for long if that's what they're asking - especially for a movie with a largely negative reaction.

I kind of agree, but to Steelbook collectors this is eye candy, it is rare (1000 print is really nothing) and well it adds value.

£26.99 is not much to ask considering its worth in 6 month time! I would imagine this could be sought after, it all depends on who else releases what. I.E. Spanish or French exclusives may have same artwork. If not then this will be a bigger exclusive than Jack Reacher, even as a bad/average reported film.

Glad I held back on Jack Reacher as I would've bought this too.

For a UK steel this is pretty expensive they must have to mark up the price to make some type of profit on a limited amount!

OK I could be hanged for saying this but here goes.

Businesses that offer steel packaging need to charge a premium if they are to stay solvent. Evidenced by the OCD nature of most of us, losses are suffered anytime a return is initiated. Most of us should be happy there are new players like ES in the mix. Even though play never said so I think part of their failure was that prices were too cheap. Good for the consumer but bad for play. Zavvi are charging 50% more for every release. That is awesome considering the premium nature of the product. Good luck to ES in this new venture.

The lack of 3D is annoying. I don't know why UK buyers keep getting short changed on that score.

Almost 50% gone already. Probably sell out tomorrow.

I wonder what % is going to ebay scalpers? :rolleyes:

Probably a fair few! 1000 is a very low print run, and with being a UK exclusive meaning we have to pay over the odds for the same steelbook elsewhere.

3D amaray version is actually £20 odd on play, 3D does not concern me but for a few extra £ I am happy to part with 3D for a steelbook, a potential rare steelbook at that.

I think this maybe sold out by the end of the day. I agree though I would say 200 atleast will be on ebay!

OK I could be hanged for saying this but here goes.

Businesses that offer steel packaging need to charge a premium if they are to stay solvent. Evidenced by the OCD nature of most of us, losses are suffered anytime a return is initiated. Most of us should be happy there are new players like ES in the mix. Even though play never said so I think part of their failure was that prices were too cheap. Good for the consumer but bad for play. Zavvi are charging 50% more for every release. That is awesome considering the premium nature of the product. Good luck to ES in this new venture.

I cal BS. If you want to stay solvent, you have ti make profit which play certainly did. Play and hmv didn't go out of business because of steelbooks, but because they lost money in other products ...

Just had a cool response from Luke at ES about the finish they are going for on this release:

There’s an emboss on the title treatment, gloss varnish on the front, cutting out the characters and a dull varnish covering the back.

The red text and red image on the back is also a pantone red, which should be a bright pillar box red.

I'm liking the sound of this release more and more :LOL:

I personally don't care about a sticker.....

I don't get it, it looks tacky with it on.

The practice of numbering an edition size and displaying the number is very common across all types of collectables because it appeals to that sector of the market who collect principally on rarity. It's simply a good marketing ploy.

And quite honestly I don't see why anybody would have an issue with it one way or another. Leave it on, peel it off, or unwrap the thing and throw it away - it doesn't matter. The point is that it's there for those who want it. So everybody wins, right? :)