イギリス
Release date: November 7, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon FR - FNAC
Price: €78.99 (Amazon) - €79.99 (FNAC)
Notes: NOT 4K and French titles on the spine[/b]

fU9d8lw.jpg

61WgsD9lSwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you should be focusing too much on the spines . . . which just have to be far easier to produce than the main body of the steelbooks with the art and the sometime 'bossing . . . spines which are after all just thin strips of metal glued to the plastic carcass . . . looking no different to those magnetic spine strips created by Drumass - an individual who I'm guessing doesn't have a steelbook manufacturing plant in his back garden ;)
Furthermore, I'm guessing spines are a LOT cheaper to produce with different logos than steelbook covers with different language titles.
Recent examples of steelbooks with the same art but different spines would include the first and second releases of the BLADE steelbook (UK) and the recent Australian Studio Ghibli steelbooks vs. the UK examples.

Anyway, waiting and watching to see how this turns out :)
You can be right, of course. The only thing that’s for certain is that we have no idea. It’s only a fear of mine that they rather use their existing French steels for this when it’s not UHD anyway. But we’ll have to see. I hope for English but I definitely won’t let the order go to dispatch until we get confirmation. :)

Just think if these steelbook sets are to be released internationally . . . each set with domestic titles EEK! I think not.

the thing is, Warner always use french titles for french releases.

for example:
- It
- Dunkirk
- King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- The Accountant
- The Legend of Tarzan
and the 8 Harry Potter

all of them had their french titles, while using the same artwork used in other countries.

latest Steelbook I could find:

Rampage-steelbook-fr.jpg

for example:
- It
- Dunkirk
- King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- The Accountant
- The Legend of Tarzan
and the 8 Harry Potter

all of them had their french titles, while using the same artwork used in other countries.

latest Steelbook I could find:

View attachment 383990
I don't consider this as a "French release" - rather as an International release … coming to France as well as to other territories (unlike the previous release w/ the same art).
I'm not even going there as far as RAMPAGE is concerned ;)

Counter-examples:
- The Stanley Kubrick films
- Unforgiven
- The Goonies
- Corpse Bride
- Once Upon a Time in America

So both is possible. However, as HP is one of their high-profile titles, I suppose they will have French titles.

Counter-examples:
- Unforgiven
- The Goonies
- Corpse Bride

So both is possible. However, as HP is one of their high-profile titles, I suppose they will have French titles.

most of them have the same title in France: Spartacus, Lolita, Barry Lindon, Shining (only missing "the"), Full Metal Jacket. So the only one without its french title is "A Clockwork Orange " (Orange Mécanique)

- The Goonies:
french title is "Les Goonies", so close enough

I don't think this Steelbook was released in France. There is a metal edition, with french title.

so yes there are counter examples, but quite rare and not for big titles

so yes there are counter examples, but quite rare and not for big titles
Yeah, sorty, OUATIA was in Germany, not France.
Still, they seem to have switched to int'l steels for older titles. As for HP (and Fantastic Beasts), these titles seem to be high-profile enough to justify localized versions.
However, this might be different for UHD which is a niche format.

So, I contacted Amazon France this evening and asked them straight out would I be receiving 4K editions as they still haven't removed the pic from the listing.

Here is the reply I got.....

Following your message, I inform you that the information about the item that we communicate to you is given by our suppliers. That's why we can not assure you about the 4K editions of the films. I hope you can understand our incapacity to help you in this concern.

In order to help you, I have contacted our department in charge of the information of the product and informed them about your question and asked them to give you all the additional information of this item "Harry Potter l'intégrale des 8 films - Edition limitée Steelbook" and also informed them to inform you if you are receiving 4K editions of the films.

I ask you to wait for sometime, you will be contacted by our department within 48 hrs with all the information of your item

So, I contacted Amazon France this evening and asked them straight out would I be receiving 4K editions as they still haven't removed the pic from the listing.

Following your message, I inform you that the information about the item that we communicate to you is given by our suppliers. That's why we can not assure you about the 4K editions of the films. I hope you can understand our incapacity to help you in this concern.

In order to help you, I have contacted our department in charge of the information of the product and informed them about your question and asked them to give you all the additional information of this item "Harry Potter l'intégrale des 8 films - Edition limitée Steelbook" and also informed them to inform you if you are receiving 4K editions of the films.

I ask you to wait for sometime, you will be contacted by our department within 48 hrs with all the information of your item.
Thanks for digging into this, @BluSteel2012 !:thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012

I ask you to wait for sometime, you will be contacted by our department within 48 hrs with all the information of your item.

So, to keep you guys up to date with how this panned out, I never got a reply back from the relevant dept like what was promised. So I replied to the original conversation I had going and woke up to this reply this morning......

Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.fr.

I have received your message that you never got any reply about this from the relevant department and I thank you for your understanding.

I can understand completely your dissatisfaction and request you to please excuse us for this inconvenience.

Following your email, I have immediately contacted to our concern department regarding your concern and confirm you that the item Harry Potter Steelbook Collection (ASIN: B07F54P3JS) is 4K editions and you will be receiving 4K editions of the films.

However, If for any reason you are unhappy with the item you have purchased you may return it to us in its original condition within 30 days and we will issue a full refund for the price you paid for the item.

I hope this information will be of help for you.

I'm still not convinced. I just wish Customer Service would deliver on what they promise on and be able to give you a definitive answer one way or the other. And what's a 'concern department'? Never heard that one before.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.....

And another thing I just noticed, there was no name attached to that last email. Usually there is a person signing them off. No name this time.......

Reactions: Shayid
And another thing I just noticed, there was no name attached to that last email. Usually there is a person signing them off. No name this time.......
That way you can't hold it against any one person if you don't really receive 4k discs.
I hope you get them but I doubt it at that price. The good news is some people swear most of the time you can't tell a difference so... money saved?

Although it would be disappointing if it is not 4K discs....
People are missing something. That shelf has been very hard to find (and often very expensive) - since it was sold years ago by futureshop.
Now, people have the opportunity to finally get that shelf. (And not spend $200 on ebay just for the shelf)

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Although it would be disappointing if it is not 4K discs....
People are missing something. That shelf has been very hard to find (and often very expensive) - since it was sold years ago by futureshop.
Now, people have the opportunity to finally get that shelf. (And not spend $200 on ebay just for the shelf)

There is the German version available on Amazon DE that's actually confirmed 4K with the new English/UHD Steelbooks and only $150 USD shipped.