Haywire

Would you purchase this film in a Steelbook?

• Yes

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
I would buy this steelbook just for Gina :drool: She is so bad-ass in this movie and so hot at the same time. She is destined to be on the big screen for a long time - she has looks, voice, and physicality. Beat me hard please :D

^^^ Really Ash? I like Gina too but man Im not so sure on her acting abilities. In the fight sequences and stuff like that etc. sure no problem. But aside from that in "actual acting" scenes man she looked shaky. I heard plenty of people walking out from the theatre saying the same thing. Im sure she will thrive in budget action flicks but I can't see her making it too far past that. Again I could be wrong and time shall tell. Maybe she'll get better as an actress with time? Who knows.

I thought the movie was so-so. Kind of got bored at a few points. Really expected much more out of Soderbergh especially given the cast.

^^^ Really Ash? I like Gina too but man Im not so sure on her acting abilities. In the fight sequences and stuff like that etc. sure no problem. But aside from that in "actual acting" scenes man she looked shaky. I heard plenty of people walking out from the theatre saying the same thing. Im sure she will thrive in budget action flicks but I can't see her making it too far past that. Again I could be wrong and time shall tell. Maybe she'll get better as an actress with time? Who knows.

I thought the movie was so-so. Kind of got bored at a few points. Really expected much more out of Soderbergh especially given the cast.

Totally agree with you and i was pretty much disappointed with this movie overall...

I didn't say anything good about her acting abilities yet but I do think Hollywood is pushing her on to the big screen for her attributes I'd mentioned. B movies or whatever, she certainly caught Stephen Soderberg's eyes when he first saw her fight. The making of documentary is very interesting in regards to the retelling of how it took only 4 days to get her from first meet to first day of production (training). She is already cast for Fast 6 :D

I didn't say anything good about her acting abilities yet but I do think Hollywood is pushing her on to the big screen for her attributes I'd mentioned. B movies or whatever, she certainly caught Stephen Soderberg's eyes when he first saw her fight. The making of documentary is very interesting in regards to the retelling of how it took only 4 days to get her from first meet to first day of production (training). She is already cast for Fast 6 :D

Interesting. I hope she does well and improves as an actress as she certainly entertains in action sequences in a way that only genuine real fight sequences can without stunt doubles.

Acting?
No one ever bought an Arnold movie for the acting.
No one ever bought a Stallone movie for the acting.
No one ever bought a Norris movie for the acting.
I'm not gonna hold Gina to a higher standard just cuz she's a woman.:hilarious:

Reactions: ocielz
Gina kicks ass, but yes, her acting has a long way to go. But everyone starts somewhere. She obviously was a fighter first-for moving from fighting to acting relatively quickly, I give her props. IIt's also rare to see a woman do her own fighting without doubles, so that's a plus for me...more please! I had no idea that she was cast in Fast 6. As this is one of my guilty pleasure franchises, I look forward to her, em, bringin' the heat in that next installment :scat:

I can say that I am a fan of Gina Carano, but she might have been the only good thing about this movie. It was just off for me from beginning to end. It seems like Steven Soderbergh is hit or miss with all his movies and this was a total miss for me. Story line was a little weak. Not enough character development and the biggest mistake here, the musical score. Oh man, if the music in a movie ever took me out of it, this was it. The flashback chase scene filmed in black and white with ELEVATOR music..... Really?

This is a no for me.