Hello! :D

Jun 1, 2014
Harrogate, UK
Hey everyone!

I'm Fred and I'm in the UK. I'm a fairly new Steelbook collector, having picked up the odd one or two over the past year and now I've recently gone a bit crazy and have started picking up as many as I can!

I'm a digital designer by day so Steelbooks combine two of my biggest interests, great design and film!

Cheers! :D

Hey everyone!

I'm Fred and I'm in the UK. I'm a fairly new Steelbook collector, having picked up the odd one or two over the past year and now I've recently gone a bit crazy and have started picking up as many as I can!

I'm a digital designer by day so Steelbooks combine two of my biggest interests, great design and film!

Cheers! :D
@teNsFredZ Hello Fred and welcome to the one and only, HDN! :woot: :thumbs:

Reactions: teNsFredZ
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

@Noodles Loving your Steelbook concepts mate, the Drive and Ides of March ones are perfect! I would be so happy if you could share your psd template for the steelbook :emb:

@Maximus15 Thanks dude! I'm gonna hop into the Trade forums and some Group buys (once I have access) but is there anything else you'd recommend? I'm really enjoying blufans releases the most so hoping to add as many of those to my collection!

Reactions: Noodles
@Noodles Loving your Steelbook concepts mate, the Drive and Ides of March ones are perfect! I would be so happy if you could share your psd template for the steelbook :emb:
Thanks buddy! Basically all I do once I've edited the image I want to use is crop and place the poster art over the top of an existing steelbook mock-up. I tend to use this one for example...

1.jpg

There are more technical/better ways of doing it though (if you're not lazy like myself :p). See here for more info and resources. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

@Maximus15 Thanks dude! I'm gonna hop into the Trade forums and some Group buys (once I have access) but is there anything else you'd recommend? I'm really enjoying blufans releases the most so hoping to add as many of those to my collection!

Well the issue is once you have a taste of the other distributors then you start to like them as well! I love NovaMedia and KimichiDVD now as well and FilmArena are doing excellent work too, I recently got my first HDzeta release (Interstellar boxset) and that was awesome. I started off with Blufans and love their releases and I keep them as my base collection even though sometimes the quality control is not as good as the others, and then I dabble in the ones mentioned above when I can't resist a great release :thumbs:

Well the issue is once you have a taste of the other distributors then you start to like them as well! I love NovaMedia and KimichiDVD now as well and FilmArena are doing excellent work too, I recently got my first HDzeta release (Interstellar boxset) and that was awesome. I started off with Blufans and love their releases and I keep them as my base collection even though sometimes the quality control is not as good as the others, and then I dabble in the ones mentioned above when I can't resist a great release :thumbs:

Yeah, Novamedia, Kimchi's and Plain Archive's stuff is all amazing, but for the actual steelbooks I seem to be feeling Blufans the most.

Are there any restrictions for group buys or can I just hop right in?

you used to have to get over a certain amount of posts before you could see the Group Buy threads, but I don't think thats the case any more. You should be able to just hop in there but just make sure you are certain you will pay for them first;), the GB hosts spend a lot of time and energy helping us collectors out so we need to make life as easy as possible for them :thumbs: