Mondo Hellraiser - 30th Anniversary Edition Soundtrack (Mondo/Death Waltz) (Colored Vinyl)

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 11th , 2017 USA - October 20th , 2017 UK
Purchase Links: Mondo LP - Mondo Box Set (Sold Out) - HMV UK
Price: $30.00 (LP) - $80 (Box Set) (Mondo) - £29.99 (Hmv UK)
Notes: 180g vinyl housed inside an 425gsm gatefold sleeve featuring all new art by Matt Ryan Tobin and featuring liner notes from Clive Barker and a cardboard replica lament configuration box.

Note: HMV UK might be Black Vinyl Edition and not coloured Vinyl as there are other retailers selling a Black Vinyl edition in UK and Europe

2 LP Vinyl Editions and Box Set with 6 x 7 inch singles

LP Editions
1)Screening Edition: Pressed on clear vinyl with black smoke and gold color in color effect available exclusively at The Prince Charles London screening on September 25th and at Beyond Fest in Los Angeles on October 6th. 500 copies only. $30 / £30

2) Mondo Exclusive: Lament Configuration vinyl (Gold and Brown swirl) 2000 units. Online only. $30
Hellraiser_soundtrack.jpg

Includes Cardboard replica lament configuration box
hellraiser_disc_1024x1024.jpg 328898-63cb15baadd0103e2c7623a2bb37d3ff.jpg 328897-8d9300d0fd4275ff4ec32fa6469ec144.jpg

Box Set Edition
6 x 7” singles each with a unique cover housed inside a 8’ x 8’ wooden lament configuration box replica with liner notes from Clive Barker. Strictly ltd to 1000 copies. On sale 10/6/2017 (online only). $80
Hellrasier.jpg

HELLRAISER_Gatefold_Blog_1024x1024 (1).jpg

Mondo are re-releasing the iconic soundtrack by Christopher Young with a newly-redesigned LP and poster from artist Matt Ryan Tobin.

The new collector's edition soundtrack will launch at the Prince Charles Cinema in London, everyone's favourite fleapit (and occasional home to the Empire Podcast), which hosted the very first screening of Hellraiser way back in 1987. Horror fans who buy a ticket to the 35mm screening on 25 September will also get a poster featuring the same Tobin artwork, with the soundtrack on sale in the lobby.

https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/hellraiser-soundtrack-poster-london-screening

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: SteelMadien
LP Edition
180g vinyl housed inside an 425gsm gatefold sleeve featuring all new art by Matt Ryan Tobin and featuring liner notes from Clive Barker and a cardboard replica lament configuration box.

1) Screening Edition: Pressed on clear vinyl with black smoke and gold color in color effect available exclusively at The Prince Charles London screening on September 25th and at Beyond Fest in Los Angeles on October 6th. 500 copies only. $30 / £30

2) Mondo Exclusive: Lament Configuration vinyl (Gold and Brown swirl) 2000 units. Online only. $30

Box Set Edition
6 x 7” singles each with a unique cover housed inside a 8’ x 8’ wooden lament configuration box replica with liner notes from Clive Barker. Strictly ltd to 1000 copies. On sale 10/6/2017 (online only). $80

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Mondo Hellrasier Vinyl
On sale October 6th 2017

Screening Edition: Exclusively at The Prince Charles London screening on September 25th and at Beyond Fest in Los Angeles on October 6th

Mondo Exclusive: Gold and Brown swirl vinyl online only
Box Set Edition online only

Last edited:
Arrow Video Facebook
Tickets are now on sale for the HELLRAISER 30th anniversary screening at The Prince Charles Cinema!

35mm PRESENTATIONS | HELLRAISER on 35mm • 30th Anniversary • presented by Mondo & Arrow Video
35mm presentation • exclusive poster with every ticket!

https://princecharlescinema.com/PrinceCharlesCinema.dll/WhatsOn?f=3639423

3644850.jpg

Mondo, in conjunction Arrow Video, is thrilled to host a 30th anniversary screening of one of the greatest horror movies of the '80s, Clive Barker's HELLRAISER, back where the nightmare originally began. The Prince Charles Cinema hosted the first-ever public screening of HELLRAISER 30 years ago, so it's only fitting that they come to The PCC for a special one-off screening of the film on 35mm direct from Arrow Video’s vault.

To add to the excitement of Mondo’s very first London screening event, they will be bringing an exclusive variant of their forthcoming soundtrack reissue of HELLRAISER (a full two weeks ahead of the actual release date), and all tickets will include an exclusive screen-printed poster by artist Matt Ryan Tobin. Let us tear your soul apart for one night only.

Last edited:
Good music. But the only time I listen to movie soundtracks is when I am watching the movie.;)
There is a lot soundtrack scores that sounds brilliant on it's own and often is more enjoyable than watching a film itself :rofl:

I have over 400 film scores (actual figure I'm not telling as it's a huge amount :LOL:) in my collection some films I not even watched the film itself

Film Scores you don't need to have seen the film itself to enjoy the music and much better way to listen to film scores is by listening to CD or Vinyl record as watching a film itself a film score it's often drowned out by dialogue and sound effects

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
There is a lot soundtrack scores that sounds brilliant on it's own and often is more enjoyable than watching a film itself :rofl:

I have over 400 film scores (actual figure I'm not telling as it's huge amount :LOL:) in my collection some films I not even watched the film itself

Film Scores you don't need to have seen the film itself to enjoy the music and much better way to listen to film scores is by listening to CD or Vinyl record as watching a film itself a film score it's often drowned out by dialogue and sound effects
50% at least, is incidental music. Without reference, it just sounds bizzare.
But - to each their own! (And I am a former film composer!)

Reactions: paulboland
50% at least, is incidental music. Without reference, it just sounds bizzare.
But - to each their own! (And I am a former film composer!)
Bernard Herrmann. John Barry.John Williams. Ennio Morricone. Hans Zimmer. Jerry Goldsmith,Danny Elfman,James Horner,Alan Silvestri,Basil Poledouris,Miklós Rózsa and many more film composers music is something I would not consider sounding bizzare :p

There can be some average film scores by some film composers and yes some sound strange on their own depends on the film and usually are electronic film scores as compared to a film score conducted with a Orchestra

You have me curious what work did you do as a former film composer as in any mainstream films

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Bernard Herrmann. John Barry.John Williams. Ennio Morricone. Hans Zimmer. Jerry Goldsmith,Danny Elfman,James Horner,Alan Silvestri,Basil Poledouris,Miklós Rózsa and many more film composers music is something I would not consider sounding bizzare :p

There can be some average film scores by some film composers and yes some sound strange on their own depends on the film and usually are electronic film scores as compared to a film score conducted with a Orchestra

You have me curious what work did you do as a former film composer as in any mainstream films
Great composers do have pieces that will play on their own , of course. A lot of the composers you listed are largely composers that started in a more classic era. Today, movies are jammed with incidental bits and maybe 2 main themes (and then endless slight variations on said themes).
There are also composers that write "scene specific and action specific" music that does not sound right outside of its intended use. (Scene/action specfic - music accentuates closing of door, stinger when picking up a gun, etc). Then there are composers that write tone and mood, and no necessarily specific to any action. (If you started the cue 5 seconds earlier or later, it would scarcily matter).
Morricone would write many scores based on the script. With Leone, he would have the score BEFORE the film, and Leone would let it influence the filming of the movie. Morricone was writing for atmosphere and tone and not "action specific" cues.
I'm in no way saying that listening to scores for enjoyment is odd - I can see listening to Barry's Dances With Wolves or Vangelis' Blade Runner (actually any Vangelis score) - I just think there are a lot that play like 30% themes and 30% variations on the themes and 40% incidental cues.
But maybe it's just because I know how the sausage is made.:rofl:;)

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Hmmmm....tempted on the box set. Probably will go for regular online edition though.
I might get the 7 inch vinyl box set price depending but I will be getting the Lament Configuration vinyl (Gold and Brown swirl) Vinyl

This release might end up a very expensive purchase for me :rofl:

Next Tuesday my credit card will be running out the door :LOL:

Reactions: spawnshop
https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/hellraiser-original-score-lp-and-box-set

On sale Wednesday October 11th at NOON (CT).

The soundtrack is fully remastered from the original 2-inch master reels by Christopher Young himself, and we have two versions available: a limited edition Mondo exclusive gatefold LP pressed on Gold and Brown vinyl featuring incredible new artwork by Matt Ryan Tobin, as well as a stunning limited edition 7-inch box set featuring the entire LP split across six 7-inch singles, each with an exclusive cover that sits within your very own Lament Configuration box set

DEATH WALTZ
Hellraiser - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. Pressed on 180g Lament Configuration vinyl (Gold and Brown Swirl) housed inside a 425gsm gatefold jacket. Artwork by Matt Ryan Tobin. Liner notes by Clive Barker. 2000 units only. $30

Hellraiser_FC_OBI_abfd5959-e460-4591-8b53-bd2f23a3b2c0_1024x1024.jpg

DEATH WALTZ
Hellraiser - Original Motion Picture Sountrack 7-Inch Box Set. Six 7” singles, each with a unique cover housed inside a 8" x 8" wooden Lament Configuration box replica with liner notes from Clive Barker. Strictly limited to 1000 copies. Pre-Order expected to ship in November 2017. $80

Hellraiser_BoxSet_Cropped_1024x1024.jpg

Hellraiser_BoxSet_Insert_1_1024x1024.jpg Hellraiser_BoxSet_Insert2_1024x1024.jpg