iam8bit Hero Of Time - The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time - OST (colored vinyl)

Jul 2, 2015
Florida, USA
Release: Q2 2017
Purchase: iam8bit UK / iam8bit US / HHV.de
Price: 40 USD (iam8bit) / 66,99 EUR (HHV.de)

Note:
2LP 180 gr pressed on green & purple vinyl, Music by 64-piece Slovak National Symphony Orchestra (recorded live at Studio 1 in Bratislava, Slovakia), Album Art by Ryan Brinkerhoff, Includes Digital Soundtrack (sent in Q1 2017)

01_Hero_Of_Time_Front_1024x1024.png
02_Hero_Of_Time_Gatefold_1024x1024.png

03_Hero_Of_Time_Sleeves_1024x1024.png

04_Hero_Of_Time_Discs_1024x1024.png

05_Hero_Of_Time_Rear_1024x1024.png

iam8bit & Materia Collective are ecstatic to present Hero of Time, an officially licensed, one-hour arrangement album based on Koji Kondo's dynamic, epic and absolutely gorgeous score to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time .

Freshly - and exclusively - recorded by the 64-player Slovak National Symphony Orchestra for this very album, Hero of Time breaths new life into classic Ocarina of Time score, previously only available from its Nintendo 64 sound chip origins.

The album is arranged & composed by Eric Buchholz, a maestro of video game concert tours across the globe, including The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Symphony (plus the bonus CD that shipped with Skyward Sword!!), The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses, and many more.

The stunning album artwork was created by Ryan Brinkerhoff, full of subtle visual detail and interactive pieces, including a die-cut Ocarina window on the jacket's front, a majestic gatefold featuring both Light or Dark sides, and, of course - the finishing crescendo of a shimmering, gold foil-stamped triforce on the back.

This album will be recorded LIVE in January 2017 at Studio 1 in Bratislava by the Slovak National Symphony Orchestra, immediately thereafter mastered and prepared for vinyl, ensuring a ship date of Q2, 2017.

Digital Downloads can be redeemed here: https://ericbuchholz.bandcamp.com/yum

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dan8885
Hey all,

So I tried searching and didn't see anything about this...I'm a bit of a lurker, so please let me know if these types of posts aren't allowed and I'll delete.

There's currently a kickstarter going on by Materia Collective for a Zelda Ocarina of Time themed soundtrack recorded live by a full orchestra. One of the reward tiers is a physical vinyl version. The vinyl version will be done in conjunction with iam8bit according to the tier description.

Full details found here: Link

There's only 8 hours left to go, with a goal of $50,000. It's currently at $42,000...So not sure if it'll make it. Anyways, I thought any one here who is a big Zelda fan like me would be interested in this!

Of course it's allowed. Great news for all Zelda fans! And Kickstarters for vinyl are very rare here btw for OSTs at all. So thanks for letting us now :)

This part sounds incredible:

"With the successful funding of this Kickstarter project, Hero of Time will be recorded live with a full orchestra in one of the world’s top destinations for professional recording sessions, Bratislava."

Would be a really great listen for any fan! And with 51.000 USD the Kickstarter is complete. So congrats :thumbs: