Hi-Def Ninja Suckerpunch Comic Con Steelbook Give Away! (Concluded)

Why do you collect Steelbooks ?

• Collector's Item

Votes: 87 59.2%
  • Investment

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Love Steelbook™ brand

Votes: 48 32.7%
  • Best Media Packaging

Votes: 66 44.9%
  • Collector's Item

• Investment

• Love Steelbook™ brand

• Best Media Packaging

• Collector's Item

• Investment

• Love Steelbook™ brand

• Best Media Packaging

• Total voters

darczap

Premium Supporter
Aug 16, 2010
NJ
In case anyone missed out on the last SuckerPunch Comic Con Steelbook give away, we're giving it away again :scat:

How do you become eligible to win this awesome steelbook? Simply answer the following question

'Why do you collect Steelbooks™?'

In order to be eligible, you must also post your answer in this thread.

Have fun everyone, and good luck!

:ninja:

Last edited:
I collect Steelbooks, first off, because I'm sick of the way the price on standard Amaray's just drop like a new car off the lot. Pay $25, and a week later it's not work $10!
Then it was the artwork that really drew me in. Some of them are just beautiful.
And I also get my kick of collecting some rare items too.

Best media packaging, in my opinion! Especially when it's done right. I mean, when it's done right, it's really done right! Then again, there are the times when things go horribly wrong...

For me, it's about collecting them. I just started and now I think I have an addiction.

Do they have Blu Ray Steelbooks Anonymous for steelbook junkies? I may be heading down that path.:ohno:

Best media packaging, in my opinion! Especially when it's done right. I mean, when it's done right, it's really done right! Then again, there are the times when things go horribly wrong...

What he said.

Plus, I'm a sucker to collect things and love rare stuff etc. Just makes it more fun. There's plenty of steels I don't own, that are really rare ... I'm glad they are, and believe the "Collector avenue" is a big driver of the popularity of steelbooks as well as a fighting chance for physical media.

So yeah I picked 3 answers of the above. ;)

Love the steelbook brand plus the way a steelbook feels compared to an Amaray case its just awesome. Having something different like artwork, that some have amazing designs and finishes, its just amazing!!!

The investment is big for me, also the art and overall quality of the product is way better than a plain amaray case.

Its fun to collect something that actually goes UP in value! :D

It's a combination of things for me, I love my movies and to have collectors packaging is just brilliant. Plus the craftsmanship of Steelbooks second to none

What he said.

Plus, I'm a sucker to collect things and love rare stuff etc. Just makes it more fun. There's plenty of steels I don't own, that are really rare ... I'm glad they are, and believe the "Collector avenue" is a big driver of the popularity of steelbooks as well as a fighting chance for physical media.

So yeah I picked 3 answers of the above. ;)

DITTO....Not in it for the investment part. I don't plan on selling them. Just like having the unique packaging that not everyone has. Love it when friends come over & are blown away by how cool they are. I've got several people addicted now.

I buy it because it's cool...love the feeling of them...looks good on the shelves...better than the plastic amaray case.

i wish ALL steelbooks price plummet to $1 so that I can buy them :)

Steelbook investment is BAD...whoever give you that advice should be fired as your consultant LOL.

Last edited:
I also picked all but Investment.
My friend got my The Matrix for my birthday and I was hooked from that moment on.
They just look all around amazing and I don't mind spending the extra money to add them to my collection as opposed to the regular amaray releases

It's the best media packaging. I go after steelbooks first, digibooks second then store exclusive blu's, then slipcovers, and finally plain old blu-rays. That's my ranking and that's how I curb my purchases.