Slipbox High-Rise (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Plain Archive Exclusive No. 38) [Korea]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: June 26, 2017
Purchase links: Design A - Design B - Dual Pack - Tripack (Pre-order May 25 at 4 PM Korea Time)
Price: $34.09
Note: Limited to 2000 copies in total

High-Rise_A.jpg High-Rise_B.jpg
Prisoners(2013) / High-Rise(2015)
Pre-order: May 25 / 4PM Korea Time
High-Rise: Type A and B (2,000 copies in total) / Over 4 hours of Bonus Features including the Audio Commentary Track.
Prisoners: 1,000 copies / 50mins of Bonus Features - longer than the US Blu-ray release.
Details will be revealed this week.
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't a fan of this film anyway, but those designs do nothing for me... I really don't like the splatter they've added to the front of Slip B, and Slip A isn't anything too special either IMO. I honestly would've expected a lot more creativity from PA... they could've at least applied some consistency on each slip

Here's some old steelbook concepts I did for example:

#59 High Rise V1 (SC).png #59 High Rise V2 (SC).png

There's some really nice official poster art out there! I especially like these two:

hMJBkGyztfdn9YvvZtg4JZ0SUhC.jpg z9WDiS4lnxzdjpeyevP9Qj3Hj3y.jpg

I wasn't a fan of this film anyway, but those designs do nothing for me... I really don't like the splatter they've added to the front of Slip B, and Slip A isn't anything too special either IMO. I honestly would've expected a lot more creativity from PA... they could've at least applied some consistency on each slip

Here's some old steelbook concepts I did for example:

View attachment 312222 View attachment 312223

There's some really nice official poster art out there! I especially like these two:

View attachment 312224 View attachment 312225
I never saw the movie – but is there some special significance to the fact that those posters (that you just showed) are doing a callback to the CLOCKWORK ORANGE poster art?

Type B looks awesome! I'm not sure about type A but I haven't seen the movie yet. Check it out @harry!:)

I never saw the movie – but is there some special significance to the fact that those posters (that you just showed) are doing a callback to the CLOCKWORK ORANGE poster art?
I know the movie has been compared to A Clockwork Orange so I'm guessing that's it.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
The film bored me so much that I honestly can't even remember the majority of it... I don't recall any similarities to Clockwork Orange, but maybe I missed them.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: WKRP and harry
The film bored me so much that I honestly can't even remember the majority of it... I don't recall any similarities to Clockwork Orange, but maybe I missed them.
Is it that bad mate, I've not seen it yet. I might have to check it out before pre-order!

Is it that bad mate, I've not seen it yet. I might have to check it out before pre-order!
Don't take my word for it mate... I know a few people who did enjoy it, so there's a chance you could too! I definitely recommend checking it out beforehand though, just to be sure.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Don't take my word for it mate... I know a few people who did enjoy it, so there's a chance you could too! I definitely recommend checking it out beforehand though, just to be sure.
Thanks mate, I will check it out first just to make sure I like it!

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Prisoners AND High Rise?? I love you so much right now, Plain.

I'm not feeling either of them though. Type A is okay using one of the original posters, but Type B makes it look like a racing movie or something. I would prefer them to go full 70s graphic design like the original teaser poster:

high-rise-teaser-poster.jpg

. . . and the downhill slide escalates into a plunge off a cliff. What the hell happened to this company?

Little or no coordination or flow between front and back of either slip, nothing complements anything else. Just four randomly chosen images. I love this director, so buying a special edition of this film should be a no-brainer for me--but I wouldn't take one of these off their hands if they paid me to.

Edit: :LOL: I take some of that back. I didn't actually enlarge the images before reacting--now that I've seen the details of slip A, I actually kind of like it. Just ignore me.

Last edited: