UK HMV - Blu-ray 5 For £30 or 3 For £20

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
HMV offers a new 5 For £30 or 3 For £20 deal. A lot of Arrow titles included, also 88 Films like the first three Shaw Brother movies and much more (2827 results).

FYI: HMV ships to U.K. only

Shop here: http://store.hmv.com/film-tv/blu-ray-5-for-30-or-3-for-20

Arrow only: http://store.hmv.com/blu-ray/arrow-blu-ray-5-for-30-or-3-for-20

Ohne Titel.png

@Noodles @Sigill @cooey @Lollard2002 @paulboland

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Thanks Dan! I already see a few Arrow titles that I'm interested in, so will have a proper look at the full selection later. :)

Here's a direct link to all of the Arrow titles in the offer by the way...

http://store.hmv.com/blu-ray/arrow-blu-ray-5-for-30-or-3-for-20

That's helpful. I only searched for Arrow and thought I could miss some.

Which titles you're interested in?
I would love to get the 'Count Yorga' Collection since it's released. And I'm also interested in 'Retaliation' and I still not seen 'The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai'

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
That's helpful. I only searched for Arrow and thought I could miss some.

Which titles you're interested in?
I would love to get the 'Count Yorga' Collection since it's released. And I'm also interested in 'Retaliation' and I still not seen 'The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai'
I need to research the films more since I've not seen any of them before and know very little about them (as is the case with most Arrow titles for me lol). I also have my eye on Retaliation though and maybe some of the Pam Grier stuff, since I don't have any of those.

I bought Buckaroo Banzai in the previous sale and was a little disappointed with the film, but I think I need to rewatch it, because I expected something a little different when I first watched it, so at least now I know exactly what to expect and therefore might enjoy it more.

Let me know which ones you end up going for. :)

• Thanks
I need to research the films more since I've not seen any of them before and know very little about them (as is the case with most Arrow titles for me lol). I also have my eye on Retaliation though and maybe some of the Pam Grier stuff, since I don't have any of those.

I bought Buckaroo Banzai in the previous sale and was a little disappointed with the film, but I think I need to rewatch it, because I expected something a little different when I first watched it, so at least now I know exactly what to expect and therefore might enjoy it more.

The Buckaroo Banzai Trailer looks so wild :LOL: I love Sci-fi trash!
I'll definitely go for Count Yorga and Retaliation. If you're interested in Retaliation pick it up since I think it's limited to 3000!?
Maybe I also go for the three Shaw Brothers movies from 88 Films. Black Magic, Hex and Five Elements Ninjas. Never watched any of them but I love the Shaw Brothers.
Those are the first three releases, the fourth one is a great classic, "House of Traps", but it's not included in the offer.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Sadly broke at the minute. Bite on that Alien vinyl box set so that whipped me out and with Sgt Peppers set at the end of the month I have to watch the pennies.

• Thanks

I watched Buckaroo Banzai for the first time. I have to admit I was dissapointed. Great cast but it was all a bit too weird. I don't mind movies that are off the wall but this one never really got going for me.

I thought about getting Buckaroo Banzai too, the Trailer looks wild :LOL:
I'll definitely go for Count Yorga and Retaliation. If you're interested in Retaliation pick it up since I think it's limited to 3000!?
Maybe I also go for the three Shaw Brothers movies from 88 Films. Black Magic, Hex and Five Elements Ninjas. Never watched any of them but I love the Shaw Brothers.
Those are the first three releases, the fourth one is a great classic, "House of Traps", but it's not included in the offer.
I had Hex, it wasn't really what I was expecting but I'm not too well up on Shaw Brothers movies. Some nice camera shots but it gets really out there in places. I wouldn't really class it as a horror at all. Some of the dubbing was shocking too but that's too be expected! Lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and dan8885
I went for the Arrow ones mate. Bride of Re-animator, Dead End Drive in, Hellgate, Donnie Darko and Slugs. They are all blind buys but at that price it's worth a go!:)

Great pickups mate! I also thought about getting Dead End Drive In. Looks very interesting. I only watched Bride of Re-animator and Donnie Darko, both I really like. Especially Donnie Darko.

I watched Buckaroo Banzai for the first time. I have to admit I was dissapointed. Great cast but it was all a bit too weird. I don't mind movies that are off the wall but this one never really got going for me.

I had Hex, it wasn't really what I was expecting but I'm not too well up on Shaw Brothers movies. Some nice camera shots but it gets really out there in places. I wouldn't really class it as a horror at all. Some of the dubbing was shocking too but that's too be expected! Lol.

Yeah they seem to be a little bit out there, Hex and also Black Magic. Shaw Brothers is a studio that was based in Hong Kong. They produced a massive amount of movies, probably 500-1000, I don't know. From all genres.
They're well known for their Kung-fu and wuxia/martial arts movies. Especially all the movies with the Venom crew, a group of talented actors/stunt-man/skilled weapon experts under direction by Chang Cheh. They did like 30-40 movies together. Most well known movie is "Five Deadly Venoms". Chang Cheh directed also Kung-fu classics like "Five Shaolin Masters" and "Kid with the Golden Arm". Chang Cheh is also the main influence from directors like John Woo and Quentin Tarantino. I think in Kill Bill or Kill Bill 2 Quentin even thanks Chang Cheh in the credits. I love Kung-fu movies so I love a lot of Shaw Brother movies. I wanted to pass on the first three from 88 Films and get only "House of Traps" for now, but for 6 GBP it's worth a shot. And I also really like chinese horror/fantasy influenced movies like the Stephen Chow movies. And I always watch in OV with subtitle so the dubbing is just for fun :p

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Great pickups mate! I also thought about getting Dead End Drive In. Looks very interesting. I only watched Bride of Re-animator and Donnie Darko, both I really like. Especially Donnie Darko.

Yeah they seem to be a little bit out there, Hex and also Black Magic. Shaw Brothers is a studio that was based in Hong Kong. They produced a massive amount of movies, probably 500-1000, I don't know. From all genres.
They're well known for their Kung-fu and wuxia/martial arts movies. Especially all the movies with the Venom crew, a group of talented actors/stunt-man/skilled weapon experts under direction by Chang Cheh. They did like 30-40 movies together. Most well known movie is "Five Deadly Venoms". Chang Cheh directed also Kung-fu classics like "Five Shaolin Masters" and "Kid with the Golden Arm". Chang Cheh is also the main influence from directors like John Woo and Quentin Tarantino. I think in Kill Bill or Kill Bill 2 Quentin even thanks Chang Cheh in the credits. I love Kung-fu movies so I love a lot of Shaw Brother movies. I wanted to pass on the first three from 88 Films and get only "House of Traps" for now, but for 6 GBP it's worth a shot. And I also really like chinese horror/fantasy influenced movies like the Stephen Chow movies. And I always watch in OV with subtitle so the dubbing is just for fun :p
I still haven't seen Donnie Darko yet! I've heard good things about it though. I've seen all the Re-animators apart from Bride, I enjoyed the others!
I'm a Tarantino fan and I know he uses the Shaw Bros title sequence at the start of a lot of his films! I don't know too much about them apart from they made a lot of Martial arts movies though.

I didn't know that about the credits in Kill Bill, I will have to check it out next time I watch them. I might try out that Five Deadly Venoms, I like martial arts movies but have mostly only seen the mainstream ones. I do enjoy Bruce Lee movies so I'm guessing I could like a few of these!
Yeah at £6 it's definatly worth a try mate!:)

• Thanks
The Buckaroo Banzai Trailer looks so wild :LOL: I love Sci-fi trash!
The trailer is was sold me too... and the theme tune. :p

Thanks for the info on Retaliation... I'll definitely be going for that one now!

I forgot to check out the 88 Films titles until you mentioned them, but I'm also now considering getting the Shaw Brothers releases. Shame House of Traps isn't included, as it looks great!

That's pretty much how I felt about it too mate.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill and dan8885
I still haven't seen Donnie Darko yet! I've heard good things about it though. I've seen all the Re-animators apart from Bride, I enjoyed the others!
I'm a Tarantino fan and I know he uses the Shaw Bros title sequence at the start of a lot of his films! I don't know too much about them apart from they made a lot of Martial arts movies though.

I didn't know that about the credits in Kill Bill, I will have to check it out next time I watch them. I might try out that Five Deadly Venoms, I like martial arts movies but have mostly only seen the mainstream ones. I do enjoy Bruce Lee movies so I'm guessing I could like a few of these!
Yeah at £6 it's definatly worth a try mate!:)

The trailer is was sold me too... and the theme tune. :p

Thanks for the info on Retaliation... I'll definitely be going for that one now!

I forgot to check out the 88 Films titles until you mentioned them, but I'm also now considering getting the Shaw Brothers releases. Shame House of Traps isn't included, as it looks great!

If I remember correctly, one of the main actors from Shaw Brothers, Ti Lung, was trained by the same guy who trained Bruce Lee.

The first three may not be their best ones, even if they also have a lot of fans, but when I know that the less interesting ones are included in such offers it's maybe worth to pick all of them up.

I just noticed that there is Five Deadly Venoms in a big Hard Box released by X-Rated 2013 in Germany with three different covers. I may need to get one of these just for the packaging itself :D
They sadly don't include english subtitles from what I've read ..

picture_12.jpeg
picture_12 (2).jpeg
picture_12 (1).jpeg

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Sigill
If I remember correctly, one of the main actors from Shaw Brothers, Ti Lung, was trained by the same guy who trained Bruce Lee.

The first three may not be their best ones, even if they also have a lot of fans, but when I know that the less interesting ones are included in such offers it's maybe worth to pick all of them up.

I just noticed that there is Five Deadly Venoms in a big Hard Box released by X-Rated 2013 in Germany with three different covers. I may need to get one of these just for the packaging itself :D
They sadly don't include english subtitles from what I've read ..

View attachment 309414 View attachment 309415 View attachment 309416
That's cool to know, I'm guessing there must be some impressive fighting in there!:) I've seen the bottom Hardbox before Dan, there's one ebay as I remember. It's blu-ray but a shame no English subs.:( The art is cool but I hate it when you can't watch the movie! Lol.

• Thanks
I found this one here but the title is different even though it says Five Deadly Venoms in the listing. It also says English subs?

Never read this title for this movie before but it seems legit. German BD Site has it listed as Five Deadly Venoms and also like the auction states with english subtitles http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-filme/boxers-against-fighters-limited-hartbox-edition-blu-ray-disc
It's also a big Hard Box so VHS size. Be aware because of shelf space. It was released in 2016.

• Thanks
That's cool to know, I'm guessing there must be some impressive fighting in there!:) I've seen the bottom Hardbox before Dan, there's one ebay as I remember. It's blu-ray but a shame no English subs.:( The art is cool but I hate it when you can't watch the movie! Lol.

Aw, wait a minute. OFDB.de listed one of the Hard Box I posted with english subtitles. So if one includes english, all three should include it. If you like one of them more I could contact the company and make sure.
They go for 15-20 EUR, sealed mint, on german 18+ auction site.

• Thanks

Aw, wait a minute. OFDB.de listed one of the Hard Box I posted with english subtitles. So if one includes english, all three should include it. If you like one of them more I could contact the company and make sure.
They go for 15-20 EUR, sealed mint, on german 18+ auction site.

Yes, they include english subtitle, I found feedback in english on Amazon:

The Five Deadly Venoms. Another Chang Che's masterpiece
Von Joe Page am 25. April 2017
The picture quality is very good (4/5). Mandarin and German tracks sounds very well in 2.0 dolby digital.
The best of all: It contains ¡English subtitles!. A must own for martial arts fans.

• Thanks