UK HMV - Blu-ray 5 For £30 or 3 For £20

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
HMV offers a new 5 For £30 or 3 For £20 deal. A lot of Arrow titles included, also 88 Films like the first three Shaw Brother movies and much more (2827 results).

FYI: HMV ships to U.K. only

Shop here: http://store.hmv.com/film-tv/blu-ray-5-for-30-or-3-for-20

Arrow only: http://store.hmv.com/blu-ray/arrow-blu-ray-5-for-30-or-3-for-20

Ohne Titel.png

@Noodles @Sigill @cooey @Lollard2002 @paulboland

Last edited:
Aw, wait a minute. OFDB.de listed one of the Hard Box I posted with english subtitles. So if one includes english, all three should include it. If you like one of them more I could contact the company and make sure.
They go for 15-20 EUR, sealed mint, on german 18+ auction site.
Thanks Dan, I was looking for a DVD of it but don't seem to be able to find it anywhere. As you said you would think if one has English subs they all would. I have a few of those large Hardboxes Dan, they are not small! They are cool though, they remind me off VHS cases!:D
Awesome thanks Dan! I've found a DVD for £6 but fot a bit more it might be worth getting the Blu-ray with a nice case! Thanks mate!:)

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Thanks Dan, I was looking for a DVD of it but don't seem to be able to find it anywhere. As you said you would think if one has English subs they all would. I have a few of those large Hardboxes Dan, they are not small! They are cool though, they remind me off VHS cases!:D

Awesome thanks Dan!I've found a DVD for £6 but got a bit more it might be worth getting the Blu-ray with a nice case! Thanks mate!:)

I would say it's definitely worth a blind buy if you're interested by now. Even the Blu-ray. The movie contains a great plot what's not often in such movies.
It's a fun movie with a little bit character development, the plot contains some mystery/suspense, you get acrobatic Kung-fu action and great camera work by Chang Cheh.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
I would say it's definitely worth a blind buy if you're interested by now. Even the Blu-ray. The movie contains a great plot what's not often in such movies.
It's a fun movie with a little bit character development, the plot contains some mystery/suspense, you get acrobatic Kung-fu action and great camera work by Chang Cheh.
Thanks Dan, you have convinced me mate! It sounds like I will enjoy it. I will pick it up!:)

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Thanks mate! They do seem to have added a few more! I just picked up Matinee the other day which I hadn't seen in the offer before. Looks like I might have to buy some more! Lol!:D
Yep, Matinee is one of the new ones along with the others in this photo...

DBe0caZXYAE47CT.jpg

I've ordered them all apart from Obsession and The Fury... I was going to leave it at that and just get the 3 for £20, but I couldn't resist two more titles so also went for What Have You Done to Solange? and Dead End Drive-In.

Haha I know what you mean though... these Arrow releases are so damn addictive and I can't help but to keep going back for more! I just wish Eureka and Powerhouse would add some of their titles to the same deal, then I really would be skint. :p

• Thanks
Yep, Matinee is one of the new ones along with the others in this photo...

View attachment 316167

I've ordered them all apart from Obsession and The Fury... I was going to leave it at that and just get the 3 for £20, but I couldn't resist two more titles so also went for What Have You Done to Solange? and Dead End Drive-In.

Haha I know what you mean though... these Arrow releases are so damn addictive and I can't help but to keep going back for more! I just wish Eureka and Powerhouse would add some of their titles to the same deal, then I really would be skint. :p
I'm thinking of going for What have you done to Solange aswell. I got Dead end Drive in before, I haven't seen it but at these prices it's worth a shot!:)
Obsession is a decent film if you haven't seen it mate. Fury wasn't bad as well.
You are right mate, these sales are addictive! Lol!:D

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I'm thinking of going for What have you done to Solange aswell. I got Dead end Drive in before, I haven't seen it but at these prices it's worth a shot!:)
Obsession is a decent film if you haven't seen it mate. Fury wasn't bad as well.
You are right mate, these sales are addictive! Lol!:D
Hmm now you've got me thinking I probably should've gone for Obsession instead of Dead End Drive-In... the latter looks like loads of cheesy fun though, so I couldn't resist! :LOL:

Oh well, maybe I can use that as an excuse to pick up another 3 or 5 titles at some point. :p

• Thanks
Hmm now you've got me thinking I probably should've gone for Obsession instead of Dead End Drive-In... the latter looks like loads of cheesy fun though, so I couldn't resist! :LOL:

Oh well, maybe I can use that as an excuse to pick up another 3 or 5 titles at some point. :p
I'm not sure how Dead End Drive in is mate but from the trailer it looks like fun! Obsession isn't Brian De Palma's best film but it's definatly worth a watch! It's kind of a thriller/ mystery. Maybe it might tempt you into getting another 3 titles! Lol.:LOL:

• Thanks
I'm not sure how Dead End Drive in is mate but from the trailer it looks like fun! Obsession isn't Brian De Palma's best film but it's definatly worth a watch! It's kind of a thriller/ mystery. Maybe it might tempt you into getting another 3 titles! Lol.:LOL:
As long as it's as fun as the trailer makes it out to be, then I'm sure we'll enjoy it. :D

I didn't even realise that De Palma directed Obsession, and I just noticed that he also directed The Fury... now I have to get them! Just got to find a third title to qualify for the offer -- any other suggestions mate? :)

As long as it's as fun as the trailer makes it out to be, then I'm sure we'll enjoy it. :D

I didn't even realise that De Palma directed Obsession, and I just noticed that he also directed The Fury... now I have to get them! Just got to find a third title to qualify for the offer -- any other suggestions mate? :)
Yeah it does look cheesy in a good way! Lol!:D The Fury is decent mate, definatly worth a watch. Invasion of the Body Snatchers is great if you haven't already got it. Society is a decent Horror, pretty gory! Thief is a must watch aswell. I had never seen it before Arrow released it, I loved it. I can t believe I waited this long to watch it!:)

Yeah it does look cheesy in a good way! Lol!:D The Fury is decent mate, definatly worth a watch. Invasion of the Body Snatchers is great if you haven't already got it. Society is a decent Horror, pretty gory! Thief is a must watch aswell. I had never seen it before Arrow released it, I loved it. I can t believe I waited this long to watch it!:)
I actually already have all of those titles mate... still need to check them out though! Although I did watch Thief a while back on Netflix and really enjoyed it, but I can't remember much about it to be honest, so I'm due a rewatch... wish I'd jumped on Arrow's Limited Edition release before it went OOS.

I'm considering picking up Tenebrae, since I have the HDN editions but they're obviously region locked, so it'd be nice to have a copy I can actually watch. I'm still yet to pick up any of the Pam Grier titles too, but I'm really not sure if I'll enjoy those.

• Thanks
I actually already have all of those titles mate... still need to check them out though! Although I did watch Thief a while back on Netflix and really enjoyed it, but I can't remember much about it to be honest, so I'm due a rewatch... wish I'd jumped on Arrow's Limited Edition release before it went OOS.

I'm considering picking up Tenebrae, since I have the HDN editions but they're obviously region locked, so it'd be nice to have a copy I can actually watch. I'm still yet to pick up any of the Pam Grier titles too, but I'm really not sure if I'll enjoy those.
I thought you might have those already, they are all good films! Yeah Thief was great, I got lucky and picked up the limited edition. It was a blind buy but I'm glad I got it now!:)

Have you not seen Tenebrae yet mate? I love it, it's a typical Giallo film. They usually have fairly dodgy acting but they can be quite stylish with good camera work. I would say this is one of Argento's best behind Deep Red and Suspiria. If you haven't seen Deep Red mate I would reccomend that. That's my favourite Argento film!
I did pick up Foxy Brown and Coffy, I've only seen Foxy Brown and its ok but quite cheesy. I'm not really well up on Blaxploitation films but Pam Grier does kick some ass! Lol.:) I'm not sure how rewatchable it is though mate. I dont think I would watch it again!

I thought you might have those already, they are all good films! Yeah Thief was great, I got lucky and picked up the limited edition. It was a blind buy but I'm glad I got it now!:)

Have you not seen Tenebrae yet mate? I love it, it's a typical Giallo film. They usually have fairly dodgy acting but they can be quite stylish with good camera work. I would say this is one of Argento's best behind Deep Red and Suspiria. If you haven't seen Deep Red mate I would reccomend that. That's my favourite Argento film!
I did pick up Foxy Brown and Coffy, I've only seen Foxy Brown and its ok but quite cheesy. I'm not really well up on Blaxploitation films but Pam Grier does kick some ass! Lol.:) I'm not sure how rewatchable it is though mate. I dont think I would watch it again!
Ohh nice one! I can't even remember what stopped me from picking up the limited edition now... think I was probably just seriously low on funds at the time or something. I might try and hunt it down on eBay actually. ;)

I'm yet to see any of Argento's work mate, so I guess now would be the perfect opportunity for me to finally pick up some of his films. Thanks for the recommendations! :thumbs:

That's my main concern with the Pam Grier titles... I do like a bit of cheese every now and again, but I think they'll probably be way too cheesy for my liking (as most blaxploitation films usually are), so I guess I'll pass on them then. Cheers for the info mate! :)

• Thanks
Ohh nice one! I can't even remember what stopped me from picking up the limited edition now... think I was probably just seriously low on funds at the time or something. I might try and hunt it down on eBay actually. ;)

I'm yet to see any of Argento's work mate, so I guess now would be the perfect opportunity for me to finally pick up some of his films. Thanks for the recommendations! :thumbs:

That's my main concern with the Pam Grier titles... I do like a bit of cheese every now and again, but I think they'll probably be way too cheesy for my liking (as most blaxploitation films usually are), so I guess I'll pass on them then. Cheers for the info mate! :)
Yeah I like the odd cheesy film but the Blaxploitation ones can be a bit over the top! Lol. You need to check out a few Argento films if you can, he's my favourite Italian director. His films have great camera work and cool soundtracks. I think you can't go wrong with any of those 3 mate.:)

Yeah I like the odd cheesy film but the Blaxploitation ones can be a bit over the top! Lol. You need to check out a few Argento films if you can, he's my favourite Italian director. His films have great camera work and cool soundtracks. I think you can't go wrong with any of those 3 mate.:)
Sounds pretty similar to Refn then... great camera work and soundtracks. Will definitely be checking out Argento's work ASAP! Thanks again mate. :thumbs:

• Thanks
@Sigill Was just looking through my Arrow collection and noticed I already have Deep Red... think I must've bought it with my last batch from HMV lol. Will check it out soon anyway! :D

• Thanks