The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Ext (3D+2D Blu-ray Jumbo SteelBook) (Future Shop Excl.) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date: November 18, 2014
Purchase link: FutureShop.ca
Price: $44.99
Group Buy: Drum18

Notes: 2,000 units, Matte finish
Printed for Canada only.

HDOS EE_JUMBO STEELBK_GLAM (9-2).jpg

Last edited:
The US steelbook from Target, which is not a jumbo, seems to be the only country without Smaug on the cover. It has the back art from this release as the front art. I love Bilbo, but the movie is called "The Desolation of SMAUG" for crying out loud.

The US steelbook from Target, which is not a jumbo, seems to be the only country without Smaug on the cover. It has the back art from this release as the front art. I love Bilbo, but the movie is called "The Desolation of SMAUG" for crying out loud.
The UK steelbook too: it has Bilbo on the front

Really tempted by this to get the English title (no offence to our German friends) but I want to put this through the projector on Christmas night, it's a bit of a tradition for our house, would it get to the UK in time that's the question, I would be in the dragon house if I messed this up....but this artwork hammers the UK release.

Really tempted by this to get the English title (no offence to our German friends) but I want to put this through the projector on Christmas night, it's a bit of a tradition for our house, would it get to the UK in time that's the question, I would be in the dragon house if I messed this up....but this artwork hammers the UK release.
Release date for Hobbit 2 Ext is Nov 4th. If this is out 2-3 weeks later, then let's expect worst case Nov 25th. After that, from Canada to UK, it takes normally 6-10 business days via Air Mail.

You "should" be good.

Thanks alot Xerox! With this coming out, YOU just made me purchase the UK jumbo of Unexpected Journey so that they will look nice on the shelf together along with the LOTR FS Jumbo :p

JK ... looks awesome!
:LOL:

Cheers, buddy!