Horror Chat Horror's little gems

bigrob

UK Reviewer /Contributor
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 8, 2012
London UK
Whilst people enjoy the latest and greatest horror films featuring some of cinema's most famous horror icons, sometimes we forget about the smaller films that fall out of that radar.

so this thread is to share some of your favourite, smaller horror films that othe rmembers of the HDN community might not have heard of

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by a moderator:
Witchcraft with David Hasselhoff and Linda Blair, pretty gory but decent movie! Monster Squad was also a fun movie. I know @bigrob is a fan because it's his avatar!:D

• Helpful Post
Reactions: gizmo83
One of my favourite horror films is Richard Stanley's Dust Devil from 1992.

Very atmospheric with fabulous cinematography (it was filmed in the Namibian desert) and a haunting soundtrack. It has never been released on blu-ray and the only copy I have is the limited edition DVD set which includes two versions of the film and the soundtrack.

Another Richard Stanley film, Hardware, I didn't find anywhere near as enjoyable though.

DSCF5224.JPG

Reactions: PunkNinja
I thought Society was a load of crap :D One thing I've always found interesting is how people's tastes and opinions differs... it's great :D

A good little gem people should check out is a movie called 'Slashers'

It's bad.... but it's awesome! :D

@bigrob It is funny...you mentioned Warning Sign first and then also Night of the Creeps...two of my absolute favourites! I am still hoping for a bd release of Warning Sign.

Here are some nice ones, maybe someone missed

Reactions: PunkNinja and Manqu
Altitude.
I thought the story came from one of Stephen King's short. It has the same vibe.

AltitudePoster-1.jpg

One of my favourite horror films is Richard Stanley's Dust Devil from 1992.

Very atmospheric with fabulous cinematography (it was filmed in the Namibian desert) and a haunting soundtrack. It has never been released on blu-ray and the only copy I have is the limited edition DVD set which includes two versions of the film and the soundtrack.

Another Richard Stanley film, Hardware, I didn't find anywhere near as enjoyable though.

View attachment 187974

do check out Richard Stanley directed videos for the band fields of the nephilim.

TheChangeling.jpg