How Do You Display Or Put Your Steelbooks In Order?

How do you manage yours?

• Total voters

BigBlizz

BANNED
Premium Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Van-City
Do you do by title (alphabetical) country, Disney/pixar, favorites, etc. I know there's a thread to show off your collections, but I think this is a different topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
All alphabetical, except for Disney ones, those go in my Disney section along with Iron Packs, Viva Metal Boxes, and the standard Disney Blu-rays with slips.

Correct in your point of view, not a general rule ;)

How do you put your asian movies? By their english title?
What about a french, spanish, german movie? Since english is not my first language to only use the english title/translation doesn't make any sense to me.

Well if they are foreign films but are well known by an English title (or at least to me) then I'd do them alphabetically with the English title if they are better known by their original foreign title then they'd be alphabetical using their foreign name. Simples! :D

This is the correct way to do things for me - I'm not expecting everyone else to do it, everyone's brain works in different ways (but they should - because it's right :hilarious: j/k everyone!)

I think your system is actually a great way, Frances and if I had lots of films by the same director I'd probably adopt it too but I don't really so not sure it could work for me

I currently display mine in cardboard boxes...

Damn not being rich enough to feed both my steelbook addiction AND get my mancave redecorated. :(

Alphabetically, by English title. Steels, amrays, hd-DVD's are all alphabatised. I was off work for 4 weeks and needed something to do :emb:

Spares are on separate shelves :)

I got my amarays in alphabetical on a separate shelf, and I made my own 6.5 foot boat shelf for steelbooks/hp shelf/hangover2 monkey display, the only steel I have with the front showing is Iron Man until I get the 8 stands in the mail, but all the rest are in alphabetical aswell!

My DVD's are placed in Alphabetical order since I have over 1600 of them, I would lose track of them if I didn't. My Blu-rays are stored seperately and listed alphabetical. My G2 Steelbooks and G1 Steelbooks are stored seperately of each other and each set is orginized by Alphabetic order.

Currently my BDs are separate (in the main) from my DVDs apart from the kids' ones which are still used fairly regularly. Alphabetical for the DVDs but no discernible order for the BDs as I don't have too many to play with (BDs = about 40 and DVDs = about 80) and no real space for them.

We are currently planning an extension to the house which will (among other rooms) create a Media Room and when this is complete I am hoping to upgrade the current AV setup, get a projector and nice big screen sorted and then get some serious storage arranged for my (soon to be vast... hopefully) steelbook collection along with the BDs and (possibly) the DVDs too.

When this is all done... I have no idea how things will be arranged. :D

i have to have them in alphabetical order otherwise it stresses me out when im looking for a certain film! but think that i might change my steelbooks into country of the steelbook. Currently have a nice shelf for them all and 5 selects steelbooks on stands at the top :D

Most are alphabetical (as this is the correct way to store anything that can be alphabetically stored ;)) but I have separated out my Disney ones which then are also alphabetical and also my HP ones which are obviously in chronological order. I also have all my Jason Statham ones separate just because I like to touch those a lot and need them in easy reach :p

Oh and all steelcases separate as well
Naughty girl :p

Amarays separated from steelbooks. All in alphabetical order.

Steel cases are all individually bubble wrapped in sleeves and then placed in another box out of harms way from anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've got a couple of sections..... 1 is my Avengers section, which is on it's own and are all steelbooks, the other is my Arnie collection which is organised into steels, digibooks and amarays.

The remaining steelies are then in alphabetical order, then my digibooks are in alphabetical order, and finally my amarays are then sorted in alphabetical order

How do you organise your Steelbooks?

I do them alphabetically, however I am noticing that Captain America for example is 3 shelves above Thor and it just seems silly.

I am getting a collectors headache!!

Last edited:
I organise mine by studio

I have an odd system for shelving my collection, the DVD's are all alphabetical, Blu rays however are shelved by packaging type, as so....

Digibooks, slipboxes, 'full' slipcovers, 'short' slipcovers, regular amarays, steelbooks, boxsets

I do mine by packaging too. Looks awesome when you do it that way. Then I stick franchises and stuff together and or doubles/diff art etc. - Fun way is organize the ones you want the way you want ... so like how you mentioned you got 2 avengers far away ... put them together ... start doing all that up top .... then just mix all the rest after your priority organizing is done if that makes any sense.

Perhaps you could even do the later alphabetically. I store my sony pictures ones together (least the ones from germany) as their spines all match so they look good together.

Since the thread is 'How do you orgainise your steelbooks?', I think it's a given that we sort by packaging :p

I organise mine alphabetically, apart from sequels/film series which go together in order of release. If the steelbook has a foreign title, then i'll arrange using the English title (since that's the one i'll be thinking of when looking for a film). I also ignore 'The' and 'A' otherwise those letters' sections would be ridiculously large.

I put mine by country released. I do not like it this way though, as I have my multiple releases of Batman, IM2, TDK, etc.. all over the place. Might start with the A-Z. Will sit back and see what other suggestions come out of this thread.

Reactions: barrycameron
I arrange mine by value of the steelbook..j/k
Mine is done A-Z. Can't stand it if it isn't in alphabetical order.