How Do You Display Or Put Your Steelbooks In Order?

How do you manage yours?

• Total voters

BigBlizz

BANNED
Premium Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Van-City
Do you do by title (alphabetical) country, Disney/pixar, favorites, etc. I know there's a thread to show off your collections, but I think this is a different topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
im thinking of changing to company/studio.

i.e. paramount.. etc.. but this would keep the incredible hulk away from the rest of the avengers steels...EEK!

ahhh.. ok.. i think a bit of mixing around might be in full force!

Alphabetically, but i have put my MM John Rambo and my Rambo directors cut metalpak next to each other under J for John (even though it is just called Rambo in the UK lol)

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

I also arrange titles under their foreign names, e.g. I put My German first print Saving Private Ryan under D for Der Soldat James Ryan...
its ok everybody, i know I'm weird :hilarious:

At the moment I have it by genre mostly. I do have some small sections devoted by lead actor as well. But I think genre is the best way or it just doesn't make sense (to me at least). Its kind of like someone said above... it doesn't make sense to have Captain America sitting three shelves away from Thor.

So technically my answer to the question is a hybrid: genre with some by lead actor.

i start by alphabetically, and then i started to import steels from europe.

The Adventures of Tintin became De Avonturen van Kuifje
or In Bruge became Brügge sehen... und sterben?
:hilarious:

but then, what can i do :D

maybe if i have a hundred or more of 'em steels, i'll manage what to do. but in the mean time, 'll stick with alphabetical order :movie:

In a Rain Man sort of way, I know when I've bought every movie I own. I'd like to try it but I don't think my wife would get the system :hilarious:

Since the thread is 'How do you orgainise your steelbooks?', I think it's a given that we sort by packaging :p

Haha quite true .... however ... I have seen some people stick their steels in with regular amarays ... so just for the hell of it i wanted to reiterate that I do mine by packaging. :D I do slips , digis etc ... then those naked amarays are in the closet. ;p

Sunny you're a funny guy! Right attitute! All of my spares go into quarantine in my room, the rest are on the book shelf,

I have my Tarantino steels in order of movie released right in the middle of them all,

I put some of the red ones together (American Beauty, Scraface...) TDK steels and BB also go together.

Then I have my MJ TII slip and Avatar slip on either side for a bit of extra protection. ;)

mine it "Other"....meaning, they are everywhere in the shelves...but they did displaced most of my CD collection!

I also arrange titles under their foreign names, e.g. I put My German first print Saving Private Ryan under D for Der Soldat James Ryan...
its ok everybody, i know I'm weird :hilarious:

I might have to start doing that just to throw people off lol. Or maybe put the backwards spine German ones at the end. Right now I have them arranged alphabetically by English title followed immediately by Metal Boxes (excluding Disney ones which are one shelf up) and then my one metalpak and then steelcases. My newest and favorite Steelbooks are displayed on HDN Steelbook display stands on top of my movie shelf (Its a short, wide shelf) and a couple in another display shelf.

i many group by my favorite steelbooks..

batman coollection together, avengers collection together.

top shelf my favorites.
second shelf bits and pieces.

I don't separate my steelbooks from the rest of my films, and my whole collection is sorted by Genre, and then alphabetically within that. It makes it so easy to find a film to watch when I'm just browsing.

yea pretty much put my steels anywhere though as of late i did make a small section for marvel and superhero flicks and kept spots open for the iron mans and avengers and i display four steels at a time on top of the shelf as the new ones come the old ones get put on the shelf;)

No particular order. Got too annoying taking them all down because one that started with "G" arrived. But I need to rethink all of my shelves Steels getting out of hand lmao.

STAFF-Community Manager

Sent from LV-426

I have OCD when it comes to the order. Separate them by region and alphabetize them. Have my G1's and G2's this way. However my videogame Steels I don't really care their about their order.

I have OCD when it comes to the order. Separate them by region and alphabetize them. Have my G1's and G2's this way. However my videogame Steels I don't really care their about their order.

omg you buy G1 EEK!

Anyway, I have mine in alphabetical order except for sequels thathave a different name, for ex. The Chronicles of Riddick is next to Pitch black instead of Public enemies ...
For ppl who sort them alphabetically : do you put titles like "The wrestler" in the T section or in the W section ?