How do you store your LOTR collection?

I've got the Extended edition still in it's original box. I've got the separate French Steelbooks and the empty Best Buy Jumbo Steelbook as well. I guess I could put the Extended Edition in the Empty Jumbo Steelbook, but I'm too lazy. Plus, I like the box the Extended Edition came in anyways.

I keep the Extended editions in its own box it came in. I am ashamed to say I double dipped....ehem, multi dipped significantly on this one. I also have the empty Best Buy Case, the Futureship Theatrical Steelbook Jumbo, the German Steelbook set, and the French Steelbook set...oi vey!

i have a feeling they'll release an Ultimate Super Extended Special steelbook edition in 2012 :) hehehe. Maybe it's time for me to grab one of these.

Last edited:
is the extended edition box set really worth all the hype that everyone has thrown around about it?

I was thinking of getting the future shop steelbook released a while back for the trilogy but the new extended edition stops me in my tracks. Im not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to Lord of the Rings as Im just a causal fan of the series.

I saw the EE version on sale for $40 for the box set so its pretty cheap as far as box sets go I guess.

Steelbook-there are folks in both schools. If you love the films, you'll want the 'complete' versions. Some feel the 'theatrical' eds were long enough, and passed. Generally, most film buffs can't stand 'editing' of any sort, and double and triple releases caused by studio greed. You'll have to decide how much you love the flicks what and matters to you the most. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Glaurung
I'm a LOTR & SB fan but I have to say that the EE boxset is just AMAZING. Black blu-ray case is just :eek:

So no need IMO to do an hybrid.

Steelbook-there are folks in both schools. If you love the films, you'll want the 'complete' versions. Some feel the 'theatrical' eds were long enough, and passed. Generally, most film buffs can't stand 'editing' of any sort, and double and triple releases caused by studio greed. You'll have to decide how much you love the flicks what and matters to you the most. Good luck!

cool. Thanks for the input. I guess Ill decide better once I have finished watching the series, lol. I got ahead of myself I suppose. I have borrowed my friends set right now and only got through the first movie and half of the second.

I like it so far but not like hardcore fans out there rave about it. Might just go for the future shop steelbook after all since it is a steelbook and were all suckers for that on here ;)

I keep the 4 extras discs for each film (3 from the EEs, and 1 from the TE), in the DVD EE cardboard digipacks. Those are so nice I couldn't part with them, I just sold the DVD versions in a plain 12 disc amaray. The EE blu rays themselves are in the large EE box, in the German steelbooks. I'm not sure what to do with the 3 TE blu rays. I wouldn't get enough to bother selling them. I was thinking about either upgrading the German steelbooks to 3 disc versions (though I'm worried about bending the spines), or getting a Futureshop jumbo and downgrading it to a 3 disc with a printed spine and keeping them in the EE box in that, assuming that's G2 (I have the UK EE box so it will fit 4 steelbooks).