How to Quickly Fix iPad 3 Wi-Fi Reception Problems

Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
If your having WIFI connection issies with the new iPad 3 where you get poor reception here is a tip for you.
Tip courtest osXdaily

ipad-3-no-reception.jpg

If your new iPad 3 has poor wi-fi reception, you’re not alone. After getting a shiny new iPad 3rd gen, I immediately noticed it wasn’t registering any bars of wireless reception, and wi-fi was strangely slow regardless of the network I joined or the distance to the router. It must be defective and I should storm down to the Apple Store and get a refund, right? Wrong. It’s actually really easy to fix, so before you call AppleCare support, give this fix a try, it worked for me.

•Open Settings and tap on “General”
•Tap “Network” and tap “Wi-Fi”
•Tap the blue arrow next to the wireless router you are connected to
•At the next screen, tap “Forget this Network”
•Go back to Wi-Fi and rejoin the network you just forgot
Like magic, you should now have full reception bars, as visible in the upper left wifi indicator.

ipad-3-full-wifi.jpg

If wi-fi is still not working, try this as well:

•From Settings, tap “General” then “Reset”
•Tap “Reset Network Settings”
•Reboot the iPad
•Connect to a wireless network again
Resetting network preferences loses router passwords, be sure to have those handy beforehand.

Reactions: digitalbabe
Fantastic! Thanks for the tip. Hope you're enjoying your brand new baby! I'm resisting the temptation a little longer!

I wish I had one already. It'll still be a 1-2 months before I get one as I still have steelbooks on here that haven't rolled around on me yet to pay for. Rest assured though I'll most likely post a ton of pictures of it when I do get it. Cheers

Fix iPad wifi issues

I had the same problem with my new iPad, the wifi range was really poor. I have spent a lot of time on google, looking for a solution to this. Then, with all hope lost, I came across Pong Research cases. This guys make a very special case which has a built-in antennae that redirects signals and boost the wifi range of your new iPad, iPhone and other devices. As a result, I'm able to connect to my router without a problem at all.