Price:
£14.99

dragon.jpg

back.jpg

inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wahooo! In your face HDZeta.:LOL::LOL::thumbs:

I think that comment was extremely premature

Now who was it that said there was no way this would have a printed back or printed logos pages back...

ah yes...

CasuallyDressed said:
What was the last UK steel to have a printed back or printed ratings? Like, years ago right?

and

Love the knee jerk reactions about the back which ain't going to be printed. however £24.99 for a 2D only Steelbook without any goodies is way too much. Hoping the price drops.

And no I'm not taking sheap shots. I'm just saying that regardless of what we've seen so far you can NEVER second guess what they are going to foist on us. Who ever imagined we'd get a steelbook at the end of 2014 with a printed back and logos? Sorry if I upset you lgans, but you did say 'the back ain't going to be printed'. Quite a few ninjas place a lot of trust in the opinions of the long established members here.

Last edited:

Now who was it that said there was no way this would have a printed back or printed logos pages back...

ah yes...

and

And no I'm not taking sheap shots. I'm just saying that regardless of what we've seen so far you can NEVER second guess what they are going to foist on us. Who ever imagined we'd get a steelbook at the end of 2014 with a printed back and logos? Sorry if I upset you lgans, but you did say 'the back ain't going to be printed'. Quite a few ninjas place a lot of trust in the opinions of the long established members here.

It is easy to say that with hindsight, I didn't see you questioning those posts at the time.

ah yes...

and

I think we'll have to call you Inspector Gadget from now on. :hilarious:

Reactions: lgans316
Thanks smiley :)

I'll be honest, I'm biased. I bought the HDZeta HTTYD (HUGE thanks to all those involved in coordinating the group buy and shipping from the hubs; a sterling effort and I am very grateful). I had a moment of annoyance when this one went live; but the HDZeta had 3D, a slip, lenticular card, character cards...it was definitely worth the cost, and that's coming from someone that doesn't usually bother with all the extras .

I was interested in this one but something didn't seem right. And no snooloui I didn't question the posts, but others did. Zavvi have messed up some highly anticipated steelbooks so it has to be something really special before I risk a preorder - and disappointment - from Zavvi now.

For me, and no disrespect to those who like this version, but there is only one version worth owning in my point of view, the HDzeta Exclusive No.2 1/4 Slip and Lenticular...this version feels like not worth owning as a ''collectible''

Wake me up when everyone realizes this was not a mistake and was actually done this way on purpose to preserve the first one from HDzeta.

It was neither I'd imagine.

Obviously someone at Fox or DreamWorks decided they wanted to save money on making J-cards so went for the printed option. Certificates, by UK law, lave to appear on the 2 largest areas of home video releases (it used to be 3 for VHS, but this was changed for DVD as the spine is slimmer than the requirement - something most companies don't care about so print ratings on the spine too, even though they don't have to).

Once it was decided there'd be no J-card, information was printed on the back of the Steelbook so the consumer knows what the film they're buying is about and any special features that it includes. While you and I are probably fully aware of what we're buying, some consumers aren't. It's really as simple as that.

If you think for one second, previous editions are taken into account I'd suggest you're very much mistaken. A release in one country has no impact on design choices of another, unless it's designed specifically to get you to rebuy it. Each release is designed solely to get you to part with your money. If the way to do that is to make it different (so you might buy it twice) or make it identical (to catch sales from those who missed it first time around) then that's all there is to it.

Fox, Sony, WB or whoever don't care that you have a limited edition of one of their releases, and they certainly don't care how much it's worth on the secondhand market (unless they feel they could make money off it, rather than the re-sellers). They certainly don't think 'let's make this different so we don't upset the 1000 people who bought an earlier edition'.

Wake me up when everyone realizes this was not a mistake and was actually done this way on purpose to preserve the first one from HDzeta.

i don't think they care that much about an asian release in the uk. its not the first re-release and none of them came with a printed back before. also there would be no reason to get on shreck as well with a printed back and logos.

that was just simply a mix out of inexperience in the steelgame + a money saving shot.

am disappointed but I guess I will keep it just like "dragons" hate printed backs !

after seeing the pics it's a BIG nooooooo and a shame I can't have these in my collection I am gonna send em back as soon as possible (ndlr : + shrek) a shame coz there was french subs

worth 6 € not more even some german steels looks better than this crap :(

Printed everything is a big let down, though at least the image quality is good and sharp, with strong colours. HD Zeta version murders it though.

Reactions: dfoles
Wow we gone back to the dark ages crisis alert wonder if this how re release trend going to continue. I don't mine some re releases especially if I miss out on the first release but this is terrible was going to get shrek if the back had artwork and hope zavvi bring the rest out but I will keep on waiting hell no are these rubbish entering my collection.