Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: May 29th, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon.fr

71D1FFG7jOL._SL1203_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
5.3 on IMDb ;)

So many great movies not release yet and they choose those garbages instead...

Because IMDB is the fountain of knowledge when it comes to movie ratings.... personally I never go by IMDB ratings as anyone can go on there and mark stuff down/up for whatever reason without even seeing the movie..... kind of how members rate threads here poorly for no reason ;) Not saying you're wrong though mate :thumbs:

I was intrigued to see this as I like Eckhart but I missed it at the cinema. I can't say it'll be one I'll buy straight away but will probably wait for a major price drop before picking it up or hopefully I might be able to nab it to review for HDN.

Because IMDB is the fountain of knowledge when it comes to movie ratings.... personally I never go by IMDB ratings as anyone can go on there and mark stuff down/up for whatever reason without even seeing the movie..... kind of how members rate threads here poorly for no reason ;) Not saying you're wrong though mate :thumbs:

I was intrigued to see this as I like Eckhart but I missed it at the cinema. I can't say it'll be one I'll buy straight away but will probably wait for a major price drop before picking it up or hopefully I might be able to nab it to review for HDN.

I agree. Generally the ratings are accurate but there are loads of great or really fun films with low ratings. There are also a disproportionate amount of foreign films in the top lists in my opinion. I have noticed the downrating of threads here too and it is hilarious. It's probably the same fella giving one star to everything he doesn't like :hilarious:

Reactions: IRON MAN and cooey

Movies and TV show are ovverated on IMDb, not underated.
Some examples?
The Shawshank Redemption (9.3). It's not that great, The Green Mile was a better movie
The Dark Knight (9.0) and The Dark Knight Rises (8.7) Fanboys voting
Breaking Bad (9.6) They never watch The Sopranos,Six Feet Under and The Wire.Those are the best, Breaking bad was ok.Nothing more

A movie with a of 5 is never good.I rate every movies that i watch and it never happend.

Some examples?
The Shawshank Redemption (9.3). It's not that great, The Green Mile was a better movie
The Dark Knight (9.0) and The Dark Knight Rises (8.7) Fanboys voting
Breaking Bad (9.6) They never watch The Sopranos,Six Feet Under and The Wire.Those are the best, Breaking bad was ok.Nothing more

A movie with a of 5 is never good.I rate every movies that i watch and it never happend.

So what youre saying is everyone elses "opinion" is wrong and yours is correct? :hilarious:

Reactions: Jericho and acidbrn
Some examples?

While I wouldn't rate BB a 9.6, I would definitely rate it higher than Six Feet and The Wire. I'd give Sopranos a 9 and BB a 8.5 if possible.

I think we're derailing the thread a bit though. ;)

Last edited:
About movies, yes.We just don't watch it the same way, you and me :thumbs:

I'm saying that a rating of 9 there can be a 7 but a 5 is never a 7.
If that make sense :D

No it doesn't make sense to be honest. I think many people on IMDb are influenced by the overall rating of the film. Many don't want to go against the norm or don't have their own opinion/taste, so films with high ratings encourage more high ratings and films with low ratings encourage more low ratings.