I Saw The Devil (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
image1.JPG

Release Date : October 27, 2014
Links: 2 Disc Edition (Theatrical Cut / International Cut)
- PET Full Slip Version (Print run for international : 800 copies) - $39.80 Sold Out
- PAPER Full Slip Version (Print run for international : 500 copies) - $38.80 Sold out
- 1/4 Slip Version (Print run for international : 400 copies) - $37.80Sold out

Plain Archive is excited to announce the release of I Saw The Devil Steelbook. We've been asked by Blue Kino, another Korean Blu-ray company to design the Steelbook edition which will be PLAIN ARCHIVE's exclusive.
We were hoping to release the world's first Steelbook edition of I Saw The Devil, but Zavvi announced its own before we could. The news made us reconsider the project, but with director Kim Jee-woon's support, we couldn't drop it.
I Saw The Devil Steelbook will be released under the approval of director Kim, and we are working on the artwork as we speak.
Best Regards
PLAIN ARCHIVE

istd.png

* PET Full Slip Version // * PAPER Full Slip Version // * 1/4 Slip Version
ISTD_PET_FULLSLIP.jpg ISTD_PAPER_FULLSLIP.jpg ISTD_PET_14SLIP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. Why didn't PA mention the Director's Signature sticker?! That would have made the difference for me - that little extra that made it worth paying $40+ for one movie. :naughty:

PLAIN has increased the amount to 300 in total of the hand-signed cards from director Kim Je-woon :thumbs:

Only people who ordered the Triple pack or the One-click package with "The Master" will get it.

Attachments

• 10750045_572898162854670_8733624024347287194_o.jpg
    10750045_572898162854670_8733624024347287194_o.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 10470990_572898166188003_1599022375651318236_o.jpg
    10470990_572898166188003_1599022375651318236_o.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Reactions: works99
No, I think it's the 3-pack + Master combo. The 3-pack should have been what it came when and they also included it with the 3+Master one for people who were going to get all 4.

Yes, it only concerns the Triple pack and the One-click package (Triple Pack + The Master).
Single orders of Paper slip, PET slip, 1/4 slip and The Master aren't going to be considered.

Damn. Why didn't PA mention the Director's Signature sticker?! That would have made the difference for me - that little extra that made it worth paying $40+ for one movie. :naughty:
Because PA is awesome and they didn't need to mention it. They mentioned just about everything else (which is a hell of lot of cool stuff) and they swiftly sold out of 4,000 steelbooks. That sticker is a nice surprise for those who actually supported this release.

The steelbook design didn't convince you?
The red-tinted PET slip didn't convince you?
Two cuts of the movie didn't convince you?
The fact this entire release was approved by and worked in conjunction with the director didn't convince you?
The sleek trading cards didn't convince you?
The super special *red* PA exclusive sticker didn't convince you?

Sorry buddy. I don't believe that that one little sticker would have made the difference between you buying and not buying. Sucks that you missed out, but it's a nice little surprise for those of us that did buy it.

I can't wait to receive the triple pack! It's awesome that they increased the amount of signature cards! I love PLAIN things!

Because PA is awesome and they didn't need to mention it. They mentioned just about everything else (which is a hell of lot of cool stuff) and they swiftly sold out of 4,000 steelbooks. That sticker is a nice surprise for those who actually supported this release.

The fact this entire release was approved by and worked in conjunction with the director didn't convince you?

Sorry buddy. I don't believe that that one little sticker would have made the difference between you buying and not buying. Sucks that you missed out, but it's a nice little surprise for those of us that did buy it.

I can't wait to receive the triple pack! It's awesome that they increased the amount of signature cards! I love PLAIN things!

You saw that he put a 'winky face' emoticon at the end right? As in he's joking.

Reactions: lgans316

You saw that he put a 'winky face' emoticon at the end right? As in he's joking.

Like the Joker would say... Why so serious?

LOL. Thanks, all you guys, for your comments. I enjoy reading the passion many have for the PA releases. :)

Haha, I said it half in jest, but did mean it.

1. I'm very picky now on new releases. I will buy a steelbook only if I like it enough.
2. I already have both the US and UK blu-rays of this movie. I was turned off by the excessive and prolonged violence.
3. I knew I could flip it for a profit but I didn't want to do that.

So I was trying to justify spending $50 (incl. shipping) for a steelbook of a movie that I already owned and did not like. (I must admit I did order the PET slip but it was for my buddy, not for myself, cuz I know PA follows this thread.;))

I decided against getting one for myself because:
a) the steelbook cover design is boring to me (yes, opinions differ)
b) the PET slip is nice but it's just fanciful, IMO. Yes, I like the bold black brush strokes of the title but this is a Korean movie, why emphasize the English title and leave the original language title cold?
c) booklet and four cards are standard fare now for exclusives costing mid-thirties; the PA sticker doesn't count much for me.

So I was looking for that little extra extra to justify the premium $40 price. Had I known about the Director's Signature sticker, or had the stylized title been in Korean, it would have tipped me over the fence. That little sticker does add to the visual appeal of the package.

Sorry for this lengthy discourse. :emb:

Last edited:
So i just watched this film again. This time with the lady of the house, though. She loves K-Film as much as i do, but i hadn't gotten around to subjecting her to this one just yet. She loved it, and insisted we watch the International cut tomorrow evening. I'm still on the fence in regards to which cut i prefer. They're almost "too" similar, but the minor differences do create a slightly better pacing for the Korean cut. Regardless, it's a fantastic film.

After all of the updates we've gotten on this Plain Archive release, i'm really happy i did decide to put in the order for a Triple Pack. Knowing what they did with this makes me bounce of the walls when i think about the upcoming Oldboy release.

Reactions: spass