I Saw The Devil (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
image1.JPG

Release Date : October 27, 2014
Links: 2 Disc Edition (Theatrical Cut / International Cut)
- PET Full Slip Version (Print run for international : 800 copies) - $39.80 Sold Out
- PAPER Full Slip Version (Print run for international : 500 copies) - $38.80 Sold out
- 1/4 Slip Version (Print run for international : 400 copies) - $37.80Sold out

Plain Archive is excited to announce the release of I Saw The Devil Steelbook. We've been asked by Blue Kino, another Korean Blu-ray company to design the Steelbook edition which will be PLAIN ARCHIVE's exclusive.
We were hoping to release the world's first Steelbook edition of I Saw The Devil, but Zavvi announced its own before we could. The news made us reconsider the project, but with director Kim Jee-woon's support, we couldn't drop it.
I Saw The Devil Steelbook will be released under the approval of director Kim, and we are working on the artwork as we speak.
Best Regards
PLAIN ARCHIVE

istd.png

* PET Full Slip Version // * PAPER Full Slip Version // * 1/4 Slip Version
ISTD_PET_FULLSLIP.jpg ISTD_PAPER_FULLSLIP.jpg ISTD_PET_14SLIP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@MrBMT
thanks for your help, it's a shame, but I suppose it will get here when it get's here...
Wait, I just realised you said it arrived in the UK on the 13th, which is only actually 2 working days ago, it may well just turn up shortly in that case.
Chances are it'll take at least a day or two to actually go through customs (if not being charged for), then another day or two for delivery. So, fingers crossed you might get it this week.

Reactions: William
Wait, I just realised you said it arrived in the UK on the 13th, which is only actually 2 working days ago, it may well just turn up shortly in that case.
Chances are it'll take at least a day or two to actually go through customs (if not being charged for), then another day or two for delivery. So, fingers crossed you might get it this week.

And the hope shines through!!.... :)

Thank you for taking time to answer. I am fairly new to buying from Korea (any of the three main steelbook players over there) but I have only bought three things and they have always arrived within two days once landing in GBLALA, one of these cases had it land in GBLALA and then arrive to my door in the same day!
So I presume that I was just lucky them times. I'll hold out until the end of the week. If it doesn't arrive by then, then I'll start worrying.
But then again, it has been four days... :ohno:

Some of these showed up on ebay - all without the stickers. The seller told me this:

I bought from this item at Korean huge dvd market (yes24)... and I reserved this item so I got this one issued date 28.oct
I do not know about this sticker...Sorry again.
I guess...You know this manufacturer.. this manufacturer is selling their items directly to cutomer...I think sticker item is only for their customers.

So there are more of these except PA? PA non exclusive? Or non exclusive for Korean market...

(btw saw also sealed kimchi Her without stickers etc.)

My one click just passed through customs today. Prior to this there was no update for 10 days. Going EMS from now on because k-packet is real sloooooow lately.

I always choose EMS but opted for k packet because EMS was like $45 screw that!

Yep same for me. Weird cause I normally get an update within 10 days of Incheon...

Still in stupid "Incheon" since the 4th. I hate Incheon :(

Some of these showed up on ebay - all without the stickers. The seller told me this:

I bought from this item at Korean huge dvd market (yes24)... and I reserved this item so I got this one issued date 28.oct
I do not know about this sticker...Sorry again.
I guess...You know this manufacturer.. this manufacturer is selling their items directly to cutomer...I think sticker item is only for their customers.

So there are more of these except PA? PA non exclusive? Or non exclusive for Korean market...

(btw saw also sealed kimchi Her without stickers etc.)

without stickers?? the PA Stickers or Numbering?

without stickers?? the PA Stickers or Numbering?
Hah, a few minutes after I answered my copy from eBay actually turned up. Unfortunately mine too (from a different seller) came without the PA Exclusive Sticker. So I guess maybe Korean Retailers just don't get that sticker.

Shrinkwrap isn't in the best condition, but the slip itself looks fine. I don't really mind as I'm going to be opening it this evening anyway!
So, it's exactly like this (excuse the poor quality snaps - I'm at work so only had a minute to take them):

IMG_0961_sm.jpg

IMG_0963_sm.jpg

IMG_0964_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tristar6 and Lutzo
Great!! Mine's arrived!!
Not great numbers at all, but:
PET:735
Full:493
1/4:223
However, my signature card has the signature in silver metallic pen, as opposed to the usual black, but oh well, more unique I guess then...

Reactions: watkinson
Anyone else's tracking didn't update since the 4th????????????

My one click just passed through customs today. Prior to this there was no update for 10 days. Going EMS from now on because k-packet is real sloooooow lately.

Yep same for me. Weird cause I normally get an update within 10 days of Incheon...

Same here - picked K-packet this time as well and still no scan for arrival in the USA. :(

My Kimchi Her steelbooks shipped by K-packet on the same day from Korea arrived on Saturday!

This is what PLAIN posted on Facebook with regards to the PA stickers -

Dear International customers,

We used to sell our products exclusively on our online store for Korean customers. That changed when many people demanded the ability to purchase via local retailers. We now distribute 25% of our stock to four Korean retailers online and offline below.

http://www.Yes24.com/
http://www.Aladin.com/
http://www.kyobobooks.co.kr/
http://www.hottracks.co.kr/

This reducestraffic-related problems for our online store as well as providing the choice to pick whichever retailer they prefer. Obviously this affects the domestic stock and not overseas. The only official channel of purchase outside of Korea is through our exclusive store atwww.plainarchive.com

But all copies for the local retailers have not Plain Archive Exclusive sticker(leather-looking). So please note that you won't get the sticker when you get our Blu-rays from the local retailers. Some Korean eBay sellers are selling PA's Blu-rays without the Plain Archive Exclusive sticker. Because they bought them from the local retailers.

So we can't send customers 'missing' Plain Archive Exclusive sticker in this case. Because it's not our fault. Such being the case, please understand our position.

PS. Of course you can't order our Blu-rays from the retailers. They don't ship internationally.

Sincerely
PLAIN ARCHIVE