I Saw The Devil (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
image1.JPG

Release Date : October 27, 2014
Links: 2 Disc Edition (Theatrical Cut / International Cut)
- PET Full Slip Version (Print run for international : 800 copies) - $39.80 Sold Out
- PAPER Full Slip Version (Print run for international : 500 copies) - $38.80 Sold out
- 1/4 Slip Version (Print run for international : 400 copies) - $37.80Sold out

Plain Archive is excited to announce the release of I Saw The Devil Steelbook. We've been asked by Blue Kino, another Korean Blu-ray company to design the Steelbook edition which will be PLAIN ARCHIVE's exclusive.
We were hoping to release the world's first Steelbook edition of I Saw The Devil, but Zavvi announced its own before we could. The news made us reconsider the project, but with director Kim Jee-woon's support, we couldn't drop it.
I Saw The Devil Steelbook will be released under the approval of director Kim, and we are working on the artwork as we speak.
Best Regards
PLAIN ARCHIVE

istd.png

* PET Full Slip Version // * PAPER Full Slip Version // * 1/4 Slip Version
ISTD_PET_FULLSLIP.jpg ISTD_PAPER_FULLSLIP.jpg ISTD_PET_14SLIP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got this Email from PA a couple of days ago regarding my package never showing up........ :/

Around 10 packages of <I Saw The Devil> and <The Master> we’ve shipped on November 3rd and 4th are not arriving at our final destinations in America. When USPS finally responded to our message, they replied “We have no idea,” which is irresponsible to say the least.
We did discover one strange fact, though. The missing packages were on the same freight aircraft (flight No. PO214) that left Korea on November 4th. There’s been no updates on these items since they left Korea.
We’ve demanded to Korea Post that they find these items and the company responded with a team which has already begun the work on the missing packages.
There’s nothing that Plain Archive can directly do with items that have left Korea, unfortunately. But we do hope that you get your orders rather than go through the cancellation & refund process. We’ll update ASAP if we hear anything from Korea Post.
If Korea Post doesn’t provide us with a clear and responsible answer 10 working days from now, we’ll classify these orders as “lost” and do a full-refund procedure.
Sincerely
PLAIN ARCHIVE

I think this release just needs a little time to stew in its own gorey juices! Once the initial flood of copies dies off on ebay and such, I believe we'll see it become more sought after and raise in value. If anything hurts its chances, I think its the growing realization that domestic stock can still be obtained internationally and also that its a foreign language feature that's heavy on the gore. None of these elements bother me personally but you know there are people out there with weak stomachs and a low tolerance for subtitles. :whistle:

Reactions: AnubisNefer
I doubt that. Gone are those I am afraid. Many releases are kind of struggling.

LGB and Wrestler are classic examples

I think the problem in that context, is that those films aren't worldwide smashes. They are nice editions, but because there's not a massive market for the film, they're only really collected by collectors instead of the regular schmo off the street, unlike GOTG for example.

Got this Email from PA a couple of days ago regarding my package never showing up........ :/

Around 10 packages of <I Saw The Devil> and <The Master> we’ve shipped on November 3rd and 4th are not arriving at our final destinations in America. When USPS finally responded to our message, they replied “We have no idea,” which is irresponsible to say the least.
We did discover one strange fact, though. The missing packages were on the same freight aircraft (flight No. PO214) that left Korea on November 4th. There’s been no updates on these items since they left Korea.
We’ve demanded to Korea Post that they find these items and the company responded with a team which has already begun the work on the missing packages.
There’s nothing that Plain Archive can directly do with items that have left Korea, unfortunately. But we do hope that you get your orders rather than go through the cancellation & refund process. We’ll update ASAP if we hear anything from Korea Post.
If Korea Post doesn’t provide us with a clear and responsible answer 10 working days from now, we’ll classify these orders as “lost” and do a full-refund procedure.
Sincerely
PLAIN ARCHIVE

Been waiting over six weeks, it would be a real shame if these orders are lost forever. A full refund doesn't exactly make me feel better, I was really hoping to get their product. Bummer :-/ thanks PA, hopefully you can fix this. But I have a feeling I'm gonna need to use eBay to get myself the copies I thought I already had coming