In the Heart of the Sea (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #40) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: August 15, 2016
Purchase link: Film Arena
Price: 899 CZK (34,20 €)
Note: Limited to 1001 numbered copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

13517466_1383683431648207_2517322858155844350_o-jpg.247656

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks very good :thumbs: Glad I joined the GB when I wanted to pass at first. Blind buy so I'm really looking forward to open and watch :)

I'm exactly the same :)

I saw the film twice at the cinema and quite enjoyed it. This is a thumbnail critique that I posted in the thread back in March.

The reviews for this film had been rather lacklustre so I went to see it at the cinema with fairly low expectations. Like you, I was pleasantly surprised at how good it actually was, with solid directing from Ron Howard and an excellent cast.

Obviously, it's not in the same league as John Huston's classic "Moby Dick" (1956), but for anyone with an interest in Herman Melville's novel, be it on page or screen, this film provides an interesting back story as to how Melville came to write it.

Essentially, it's a good film not a great one. If you watch it with an open mind, you'll find much to enjoy.

@larson1977 I was just speculating, because it's the first association I get when I look at that photo. If you're a free-diver, you'll know what I mean. Otherwise, of course I can't really know what the designers were after, but what you're saying makes sense too, indeed it does.

I saw the film twice at the cinema and quite enjoyed it. This is a thumbnail critique that I posted in the thread back in March.

Essentially, it's a good film not a great one. If you watch it with an open mind, you'll find much to enjoy.

I don't read critics and I try to not watch trailers so that I can watch movies as free as possible. Just choosing by the story and my gut feeling.
But thanks though! I'm really looking forward to this movie and the edition!

I think the holofoil suits the deep water very good. And pictures show most of the time the holofoil way to heavy. This could be a very nice edition in-hand :)

I almost passed on this as I'd already picked up the German steel. I'm glad I didn't.

The finish on the slip is not something I would've expected from FA, but it looks great. The embossing looks spot on, especially the detail around the tiny sea-Thor in the middle.

Holofoil works well on this artwork. Everything about this looks super excellent, except for that eyesore of "3D" in the title.

I have decided that I can live with it though. Even considering that, this is still the best release out there for this movie.

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and harry