In the Name of the Father (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 26th, 2018
Purchase link: In the Name of the Father (Live Sat Feb 24, 6pm UK time)
Price: £15.99

11668944-1814549081901229.jpg

11668944-1274549081818474.jpg

11668944-8734549081862262.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
fabulous film + powerhouse acting = :thumbs: :) + what is that steelbook front cover? = :grumpy:

don't mind the minimalist back, though.

Artwork is ok, although I've never seen the film, so I don't quite "get" it. I'll wait for a price drop.

Artwork is ok, although I've never seen the film, so I don't quite "get" it. I'll wait for a price drop.
it's one of those films where everyone is good, from Emma Thompson down to the supporting cast, but Day Lewis and Postlethwaite are truly exceptional. :thumbs: :notworthy: despite that, it's one of the years when Day Lewis was nominated but didn't win Best Actor! (it went to Tom Hanks for Philadelphia). the story of the Guildford Four was always going to be an emotional rollercoaster, and this is certainly that sometimes.

still dislike that cover, though. :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: spass and Noodles
it's one of those films where everyone is good, from Emma Thompson down to the supporting cast, but Day Lewis and Postlethwaite are truly exceptional. :thumbs: :notworthy: despite that, it's one of the years when Day Lewis was nominated but didn't win Best Actor! (it went to Tom Hanks for Philadelphia). the story of the Guildford Four was always going to be an emotional rollercoaster, and this is certainly that sometimes.

still dislike that cover, though. :LOL:
Guess that means I should check it out then! :D

I loved Philadelphia (and especially Hanks' performance), so it'll be interesting to compare it to DDL's now that I'm aware they were both up for the same award. Thanks for the info. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Fantastic film! Not a fan of the artwork though but there wasn't much cool artwork when the movie was released either. Most posters was this or a variation of it.

MPW-37752

As I don't own it on blu yet I'll probably buy it when the price drops.

• Thanks
Reactions: Marc Dooley
I remember seeing this movie years ago. It was a wonderfull movie, but a very tough one. Not sure if it falls under the "multiple-rewatch" category. Maybe after a price drop.

I remember seeing this movie years ago. It was a wonderfull movie, but a very tough one. Not sure if it falls under the "multiple-rewatch" category. Maybe after a price drop.
To me this film has multiple rewatch in terms of the subject matter and acting

The acting performance is amazing from Daniel Day-Lewis and Pete Postlethwaite

As like a lot of films that are based on true events you get creative differences in telling a story
Yes there are some historical inaccuracies in fictionalising parts of the story but these make the overall performance a lot better in terms of the film delivering an more emotional impact on the screen

This is a must have steelbook in my collection as I only have the VHS and DVD release
I passed on the Blu-ray previously as I was hoping for a new edition with extras but as that's looking unlikely now the steelbook is the edition I want

It's a shame though they did not have extras on the Dvd and Blu-ray releases as the true story is a shocking tale of miscarriage of justice considering the justice system had known for years the truth before they got the convictions quashed

They knew since 1977 they convicted the wrong persons but did nothing about it until 1989 and 1991
The Guildford Four and the Maguire Seven spent 15 years in prison for a crime they did not commit

Even though they knew who did the bombings they never was prosecuted
The actual persons who did the bombing admitted guilt in 1977 but the justice system left innocent persons stay in prison instead for another 12 years until they did anything about it

Last edited: